It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Recluse Bitre, here is a Treatment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
i needed some good karma so i figured this might help.i bought an old trailor house that was a wreck and moved in.what i didnt know was that it wuz full of brown recluses.then one day i got bit.this is how i treated it and have used this technigue on my wife and daughter.we have used the doctors method too but this is less painful and leaves a smaller scar.first browns are not always brown.when they are young they look almost glass like.their webs are very light and wispy.they can be found in the ceiling corners.behind books,under couches.when i get bit,an itchy red spot will appear,craving to be scratched.try not to.in a few days it will swell and form a scab.wait until the scab comes off on its own.at this point pus will ooze from it.now is the time to treat it.squeeze the pus out.it will be painful .then take a tube of neosporin,jam it in the hole and fill it completely full.then slap a bandaid on it.i have used this technigue around ten times and it has worked everytime.we once went to doctor.he lanced one on my daughter before the scab came off and it made a scar.i hope this can help the members.

Good Karma you say?

This is about one of the most irresponsible threads I have seen on ATS for a while.

Why? Where did you say you got a medical degree from? How could you do this type of experimenting on your own family?

Honest to God, the sad thing is some person is probably going to try this and lose a limb or their life!

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PERSON, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I tell you brown recluse bites are not something to play with, we even have warnings here in my neck of the woods on how to spot them and what to do if bitten and first of all it means getting to the doctor ASAP.

edit on 15-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have known 2 people that had serious problems from brown recluse bites in the last year alone.

The least they had to worry about was a scar! This is serious folks!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Good Karma you say? This is about one of the most irresponsible threads I have seen on ATS for a while. Why? Where did you say you got a medical degree from? How could you do this type of experimenting on your own family? Honest to God, the sad thing is some person is probably going to try this and lose a limb or their life! DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PERSON, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more! I've seen pics of brown recluse bites and this OP's story wasn't sounding right from the get go! Those bites are horrific and very dangerous.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It is, my daughter was lucky because we got her to the doctor in time to avoid some nasty side effects, but hell we were scare once we found out the horrible results of some of brown recluse bites.

Even to this day if you look close enough to her leg you still see a discoloration of the bite site and is been 11 years already. She is very careful now when it comes to spiders.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Seriously, this thread needs to be moved to the "trash bin" or "hoax forum" so someone doesn't take it to heart. If a person only took the time to read just the OP and not the whole thread, that could go really bad.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I was bitten by a black widow on the arm, it just fell over dead, left a scar but I never got sick from it and it never swelled up. Been lucky to have never met a brown recluse, knock on wood.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Even to this day if you look close enough to her leg you still see a discoloration of the bite site and is been 11 years already. She is very careful now when it comes to spiders.

I'm glad your daughter came out okay without major scarring. I just happened to be having a conversation with someone the other day about how horrible these bites are and was telling him about the pics I'd seen of the wounds....that's why this thread intrigued me when I saw it. When I read the opening comments from the OP, I was like, "WTF? Are you kidding me with this info?" Good LORD......

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I tell you, all the stories about brown recluse is the possibility of necrosis, then the scarring, never anything good coming from it.

The doctor that treated my daughter was as worried as we when she saw the bite, but like I say beside turning dark in the bite area and purple and red on the surrounded tissue the skin didn't deteriorated or died. She got antibiotics and was on observation for 24 hours.

I guess either the spider didn't injected enough poison or she was lucky.

Also for almost a year every time she took hot baths you could see the outline of the bite site and surrounded area clearly in red.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Pretty unbelievable I would come upon this thread. I just hung with my doctor explaining that I believe a brown recluse bit me 48 hours ago....Normally, I would be in a panic right now, however, I was in the middle of a 10 day antibiotic treatment of Cipro, when the bite occurred. This is why I am not freaking out.

I have the red core mark with 2 little blister lesions in the center, but I also have extensive swelling and hardness that extends probably 2" from the wheel looking lesion.

I am having increased muscle pain in my entire thigh, and numbness/tingling as well.

I will try and upload a photo I submitted to another sitphoneDoes anyone know how to upload an image here from their cell phone/

Would appreciate any input y'all have.

Thanks
Pax

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by qonone

Do yourself a favor, instead of his treatment, use charcoal salve.

Charcoal Salve is great. My Mom always had this little orange tin, and it had a name like "Mother's salve" or something. It worked on everything.

Also, there are plenty of threads about using a low voltage stun gun across the bite to alter the venom and make it ineffective. Supposedly works on snake bites too, and there is an MD in western Oklahoma having a lot of success with it.

As for the OP, this is exactly the advice the ER docs gave my brother a few months ago. After the tornadoes in Joplin, they had a rash of spider bites, and my brother had a brown recluse bite on his calf. They told him to scrub it down and apply antibiotic cream and return if it got worse. Apparently only about 1% of people react badly and require further treatment. It got very sore, and he limped around for a week, but it eventually went away and left a small scar.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

People! Go online and search for images of brown recluse spider bits.
It is never pretty.
If you are 500 miles from a doctor, then attempt to treat it at home at your peril.
I've hear too many stories here in central Texas about those bitten to even think about home remedies.

Wanna hear about the boxes of computer programs I got from the estate sale of a victim of such a bit?

This thread should be pulled by the OP or a mod.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

The advice in the OP is exactly the same advice given in the emergency room, unless the bite becomes infected or the individual has a reaction to it. So why should the thread be pulled?

The pictures on the internet, and the stories you here are all of the worst-case occurrences. People are not talking a whole lot about the other 99% of bites that don't develop into a problem.

And I'm saying this as someone that is terrified of spiders. I'd much rather encounter a grizzly bear in my basement than a dam spider. They are little, and sneaky, and hard to kill, and quick, and they can do massive damage. At least my pistol is useful against the bear!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I quick web search reveals that most Brown Recluse bites are not necrotic but some are and, as described in the previous replies above, should be treated by a Dr. as soon as possible.

The OP's intentions may be well and good but you know what they say about the road to hell....

Something else I read... if you want use bug bombs to get rid of them, make sure that it will specifically kill Brown Recluse spiders. Otherwise, the bug bomb will only make them more aggressive...

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Aliensun

The advice in the OP is exactly the same advice given in the emergency room, unless the bite becomes infected or the individual has a reaction to it. So why should the thread be pulled?

I highly doubt that the advice gievn in the OP is the same as would be given in an ER. At the very least, the patient should be given a Tetanus shot and if the wound shows signs of necrosis then a vasodilator should be administered to the wound site as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Read my first post. My brother was in the ER, in Joplin, MO, in June, with a brown recluse bite. The ER docs said they normally see about a dozen per year, but they had 4 in the ER the same time as my brother, because the tornadoes had turned everything up, and people were wading through rubble, and they had a rash of spider bites.

His bite was confirmed by the doc to be a brown recluse bite (my brother brought a spider with him, not sure if it was the one that bit him, but it was a brown recluse).

His prognosis was to scrub it down at home with anti-bacterial soap, and apply antibiotic cream to the wound. If it got worse, he was supposed to go back to the ER. They told him to expect some redness and soreness, which he did have, but after about a week it started to get better.

They offered to prescribe an antibiotic if he wanted it, and he said he would just wait and see if it got worse.

No tetanus shot, no big concern. The doc told him that about 1% of people will have a bad reaction to the bite and require surgery and/or debridement to remove the affected flesh.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There are articles on the internet about the use of a tazer gun on venomous bites. The treatment neutralizes the toxin.

spiderbitetreatment.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join