It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Recluse Bitre, here is a Treatment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i needed some good karma so i figured this might help .
i bought an old trailor house that was a wreck and moved in.what i didnt know was that it wuz full of brown recluses.then one day i got bit.

this is how i treated it and have used this technigue on my wife and daughter. we have used the doctors method too but this is less painful and leaves a smaller scar.
first browns are not always brown. when they are young they look almost glass like.their webs are very light and wispy.
they can be found in the ceiling corners.behind books,under couches.

when i get bit,an itchy red spot will appear,craving to be scratched.try not to.
in a few days it will swell and form a scab.
wait until the scab comes off on its own.at this point pus will ooze from it.

now is the time to treat it.squeeze the pus out.it will be painful .then take a tube of neosporin, jam it in the hole and fill it completely full.
then slap a bandaid on it.
i have used this technigue around ten times and it has worked everytime.

we once went to doctor.
he lanced one on my daughter before the scab came off and it made a scar.i hope this can help the members.
edit on Thu Sep 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MADE PARAGRAPHS Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
you and your family have been bitten by brown recluses around 10 times?!? dang!

we've got lots of black widows where i am, any advice for those?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

i get bit by these all the time, the bites dont effect me anymore no kidding..
fairly sure ive been bitten by redbacks before and they didnt effect me much either

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I once rented a house that were full of spiders. So I purchased 9 bug bombs. I removed the furnace filter and turned on the fan. I then placed 3 in the attack, 3 in separate rooms on the first floor and three in the basement. I went back to the attack and pulled the cords, went down in the basement and pulled those as well. I then pulled the cords on the first floor and ran out. I returned later in the evening and opened all the windows for 1 day. Of course I then had to wipe down all touchable objects. After a weekend of living in the motel, and clean up. I haven't seen silverfish, centipedes or spiders.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I work with a lady who was bitten a month ago. She said her bite had turned black and started to grow within 6 hours. By the time she got is taken care of at the hospital the next day, she ended up with a scar 5 or 6 inches long where they had to cut out the infection. And you said it was days before your scab appeared. Are you sure you're being bitten by browns?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Did you say wait a few days?!?!?

Noooo!! Maybe you are related to Peter Parker, but the average human being should seek immediate medical consultation and attention. Not too many parents know if their children are highly allergic, they won't have hours never mind days to react to it.

Are you sure you're talking about brown recluse spiders?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I once rented a house that were full of spiders. So I purchased 9 bug bombs. I removed the furnace filter and turned on the fan. I then placed 3 in the attack, 3 in separate rooms on the first floor and three in the basement. I went back to the attack and pulled the cords, went down in the basement and pulled those as well. I then pulled the cords on the first floor and ran out. I returned later in the evening and opened all the windows for 1 day. Of course I then had to wipe down all touchable objects. After a weekend of living in the motel, and clean up. I haven't seen silverfish, centipedes or spiders.

Here's when the saying "An ounce of prevention is better than 10 pounds of solution" applies. I think that's the saying anyway.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
I work with a lady who was bitten a month ago. She said her bite had turned black and started to grow within 6 hours. By the time she got is taken care of at the hospital the next day, she ended up with a scar 5 or 6 inches long where they had to cut out the infection. And you said it was days before your scab appeared. Are you sure you're being bitten by browns?

A friend was bitten and nearly lost his leg. They had to remove a large portion of his thigh and this was just hours after being bitten.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

I gotta be honest.. I don't think you are being bitten by brown recluses.
My cousin was bit putting his foot in a shoe and he had to walk with a crutch for a week or two.

As suggested by its specific epithet reclusa ("recluse"), the brown recluse spider is rarely aggressive, and actual bites from the species are rare. In 2001, more than 2,000 brown recluse spiders were removed from a heavily infested home in Kansas, yet the four residents who had lived there for years were never harmed by the spiders, despite many encounters with them.[11]

en.wikipedia.org...

and anyone that can look up brown recluse bites on google (but for the lazy i posted links below, I warn they are graphic) and see how dangerous they can be, if necrosis set in, as it does in nearly 40 percent of bites, you would regret it (especially if it was your daughter who was bit). I would actually go so far as to say it would be dangerous and neglectful to let your daughter live in a place knowing there were lots of brown recluses (again, especially if she was bit).

graphic spider bites:
images.emedicinehealth.com...

swittersb.files.wordpress.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I got my t-shirt from a Violin and my scar as a reminder. It was brutal!!!

I was just wondering about you saying that they can appear see through. I was thinking Sac Spider when you said that. Sacs are feisty little buggers! They are responsible for 90% of spider bites in South Africa and carries cytotoxic venom, as the Violin, too. Although the Violin's venom is way more potent.

Well, if there is a next time (touch wood) i run into a Violin i will give your treatment a shot.

Thank you

edit on 9/15/2011 by qonone because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Do yourself a favor, instead of his treatment, use charcoal salve.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Do yourself a favor, instead of his treatment, use charcoal salve.

That draws the venom out?

I have a fair share of crap in my medical kit. I see no reason why i can't make space for that!

Thank you

But, tbh, i WILL definitely still run to a doctor if i get bitten by a Violin again.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This venom is a collection of enzymes. One of the specific enzymes, once released into the victim's skin, causes destruction of local cell membranes, which disrupts the integrity of tissues leading to local breakdown of skin, fat, and blood vessels. This process leads to eventual tissue death (necrosis) in areas immediately surrounding the bite site.

The venom also induces in its victim an immune response. The victim's immune system releases inflammatory agents-histamines, cytokines, and interleukins-that recruit signal specific disease-fighting white blood cells to the area of injury. In severe cases, however, these same inflammatory agents can themselves cause injury. These secondary effects of the venom, although extremely rare, can produce these more significant side effects of the spider bite:

Destruction of red blood cells

Low platelet count

Blood clots in the capillaries and loss of ability to form clots where needed

Acute renal failure (kidney damage)

Coma

Death
this is what happens when bitten by a brown recluse. they are highly dangerous bites to be left untreated.

This venom is a collection of enzymes. One of the specific enzymes, once released into the victim's skin, causes destruction of local cell membranes, which disrupts the integrity of tissues leading to local breakdown of skin, fat, and blood vessels. This process leads to eventual tissue death (necrosis) in areas immediately surrounding the bite site.

The venom also induces in its victim an immune response. The victim's immune system releases inflammatory agents-histamines, cytokines, and interleukins-that recruit signal specific disease-fighting white blood cells to the area of injury. In severe cases, however, these same inflammatory agents can themselves cause injury. These secondary effects of the venom, although extremely rare, can produce these more significant side effects of the spider bite:

Destruction of red blood cells

Low platelet count

Blood clots in the capillaries and loss of ability to form clots where needed

Acute renal failure (kidney damage)

Coma

Death
seeing any patterns here? i notice the word DEATH many times here. i would not wait days to treat a bite by a recluse. i knew some guys who were bitten, afer they got back from the drs. they each had a hole in their arms 2-3 cm deep and 5-7 cm wide. i have never seen a nastier thing before at the time. it really sticks out. might be why i hate spiders :-)

all quotes are from www.emedicinehealth.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by notalemming because: forgot to give credit for quoted material

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I live in the Western United States. I know these spiders have a nasty bite. What part of the USA are they found in? We have some ugly spiders here. They creep me out. ON occasion, I get a bite. Not sure if it is from a spider or not. Do you feel the bite when they chomp down or only after the fact when you are puffing up into a mound? Curious. Thanks for the awesome post.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

It helps. I will see if I can find some place that talks about it.

Edit:
Ok, Here: www.countrysidemag.com...

Also worth the OP noting, in this article they talk about a doctor having to amputate a woman's foot due to a brown recluse bite. So sorry if I take a harsh smarta*s kind of tone, but I can't help it when people are giving such dangerous advice out.

2nd Edit:

There is no established treatment for necrosis, though many claim to find pain relief, venom elimination, and even complete healing through the use of inexpensive active carbon (or charcoal) salves.[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
thankyou all for the post.my wife is schizophrenia.she had one for a week.the spider actually returned to feed on the necrosis.thats when i realized that a foot infection was a spider bite.we were sleeping in seperate rooms at the time.i healed it the same way.it could be that our cherokee bloodline helped.we are both one eigth.we live in north east texas.i realize not everyone is the same level of health.but you have to admit the medical community over blows things sometimes.i had a friend w native american blood get bit by a black widow on the back of the neck.she said it felt like a bad flue.lasted a few hours.ive seen black widows that were creamy brown with orange hour glasses.they were under a pallet that came from dallas.im not a doctor,but i dont run to the doctor everytime something bad happens.thats part of reason our country cant afford medicine.to many sissies running to the emergency room.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Did you say wait a few days?!?!?

Noooo!! Maybe you are related to Peter Parker, but the average human being should seek immediate medical consultation and attention. Not too many parents know if their children are highly allergic, they won't have hours never mind days to react to it.

Are you sure you're talking about brown recluse spiders?

This is what I am wondering. If you let one of those go you get gangrene. I don't think there is an over the counter method of treating Brown Recluse bites but if this works it will be a big help to people who can't afford doctors which is about half of us.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I was bit by one on a plane from Florida to Massachusetts. I didn't know what it was at first, on the plane I didn't feel the bite I just started having trouble breathing, couldn't catch my breath, I thought I was maybe having some kind of anxiety attack or something. After I was home I lost all feeling in my arm. I went to the hospital here and they said oh it's just a spider bit, it will go away, go home. I had no feeling in my arm for weeks. The hole was nasty. I just kept putting neosporin on it and it went away.
I don't think though that if you're bit you shouldn't go to the doctors.....those bite affect everyone differently. Some can be far more serious than others.
edit on 15-9-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
manuka honey will work to stop any poisoning from spider bites.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A brown recluse bite will send you to the emergency room here in my neck of the woods, my daughter got bitten a few years ago, the bite site went from a small dot to the size of a quarter in a matter of hours.

She required a round of antibiotics to take care of the bit that started to turn dark in the centier, purple and red on the outside. She was on observation for deterioration of the skin or dying of the tissue surrounding the bite, that happens a lot around here.

for almost a year after, everytime she took a hot bad you could see the outline of the bite area, the size of a quarter.

The OP is been lucky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join