It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama hasn't filed "Jobs Act," Republican files his own! What happened to "pass this now?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yeah, just what we need, lower taxes for corporation on the promise that maybe they’ll create new jobs and increase wages. Like that’s been working so far.

So justify wasting trillions of tax payer money for one failed stimulus and he asks for another/
Were did that money go? Summer of recovery was laughed off by this buffoon. Shovel ready jobs?
I think Obama already gave this same speech a few years ago. Has Obama even used up all of the first stimulus money? I know Obama bailed out the banks and foreign banks, which did nothing to help the citizen's.
How much Stimulus money has been wasted on businesses like Solendra(sic.)? And he has the gall to blame Bush...laughable.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Don't forget the unions he bailed out too.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
reply to post by defcon5

When a corporation is moving product or services the taxes "they" are forced to pay crank the price up on the people to cover. If you taxed business 100% that effects the people buying the service, the corporation still pays 0% effectively. WE have to pay more! Then less is sold, businesses go bankrupt, people are laid off, the economy crashes further and the gov't brings in LESS.

Paraphrasing Reagan ...

There you go again - being too logical.

And once again schooling the ignorant on the basics of Econ 101.

They never get the part about business costs (including taxes) being passed through to the consumer - them and us!

edit on 9/15/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Lets get something clear, while I don't agree with Obamas administration he is responsible for "One stimulus and now looking for second one, first one of 400 billion dollars second one now for 450 billion and pushed the first Greek bailout through the IMF.

Now the Administration of Bush bailed out the banks including the foreign banks that were lined to the too big to fail, that was trillions on tax payer money.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

As I said earlier, they can force the hand of business through various laws, if they would only enforce them. They can use laws such as anti-trust law, RICO, and they control the tax breaks that corporations receive if they don’t tow the line.

If we leave the corporations to their own devices, we will all be working in dangerous environments for credit at the company store. We’ve seen this crap before in this country, which is why entities like unions, the EPA, and OSHA had to be brought into existence.

Back in the days of the old money (Rockefellers, etc), they used to actually send children into the gear works of machines to be crushed while fixing them, now we are going to trust guys who are even more unscrupulous to play fair? I think they have already made it abundantly clear that they don’t give a crap about this country, or us little people who live in it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

They never get the part about business costs (including taxes) being passed through to the consumer - them and us!

Oh believe me, I get it…
But that only happens IF YOU PATRONIZE that company. What you DON”T GET is that is why we have competition here. If they don’t provide competitive services then they DON’T GET BUSINESS…

But lets just look at the second richest man in this country, Warren Buffet.
How many people does he employ?
What does he produce?
How does taxing him hurt the US public considering HE PROVIDES NO SERVICES to jack up the price of?
If we give him a tax break how many more jobs will it produce?

Your argument is looking pretty thin ATM…

edit on 9/15/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
So justify wasting trillions of tax payer money for one failed stimulus and he asks for another/
Were did that money go? Summer of recovery was laughed off by this buffoon. Shovel ready jobs?
I think Obama already gave this same speech a few years ago.

Obama is not the HR department at these corporations, there is NOTHING he can do to force them to hire people. What he CAN do is penalize them for not hiring people, which is what I have been saying, in so many words, since the beginning of this thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

As I said earlier, they can force the hand of business through various laws, if they would only enforce them. They can use laws such as anti-trust law, RICO, and they control the tax breaks that corporations receive if they don’t tow the line.

If we leave the corporations to their own devices, we will all be working in dangerous environments for credit at the company store. We’ve seen this crap before in this country, which is why entities like unions, the EPA, and OSHA had to be brought into existence.

What does any of that have to do with job creation, the topic of discussion? Our system of government does not allow for the creation of laws to force businesses to hire people, nor should we move to that system. That is the only legislation pertinent to this thread, forum moderator.

The only thing government can do is make the economic environment favorable toward businesses to make them want to create jobs. And, yet again. taxing them into the ground absolutely will not achieve that goal.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I think we should impose tariffs and here's a good list where to start:
USA Export Import Portal

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hope that every time Obaahma pushes an unwritten bill that doesn't exist except in his mind, that some republican submits his own. Good for them.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I guess you can not understand that businesses in America are all for profits, they already getting incentives and tax brakes they use that to keep profits while minimizing labor, that is what is going on, that is no so hard to understand.

That is why the last stimulus didn't work and why this new stimulus will not work either, and Santa and the Eastern bunny will come into the white House and they will keep stimulation the economy without any results because business are holding to everything they get thanks to the tax payer and no giving a darn thing back.

So how much more tax payer money should we keep infusing into this corrupted entities before they can help the economy?

Tax brakes to the wealthiest in the nation as per Republicans motto has not yield any darn thing so far but more hardship for the working class, while the ones at the top profits.

edit on 15-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

this might create jobs in a healthy economy, but everyone is hoarding money now. who is going to invest when they may lose everything?

oh, and corporations don't pay 35%. not even near that. there are so many loopholes that they use to bring it down. remember GE with zero taxes? i say we let those breaks and loopholes expire, then put tariffs on select imports.

though the government, being very sensible, would probably spend the extra revenue on some BS instead of paying down the deficit.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

thanks my friend, at least some here can see the BS for what it is, corporations in the US and the very wealthy have it made thanks to our corporate politicians policies to keep screwing the working class while rewarding the very rich.

Trickle down economy my arse. Regan motton

edit on 15-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Yeah, just what we need, lower taxes for corporation on the promise that maybe they’ll create new jobs and increase wages. Like that’s been working so far.

Taxes lowered on businesses may result in job creation.
Taxes raised on businesses won't result in job creation.

I'll take the former, thanks.

/TOA

How about leaving taxes alone and tariffs for the POS countries that tariff us, where CHINA is on the list... Why am I the only one who sees this...plus it forces US businesses to produce HERE and NOT IN CHINA!!!!
edit on 15-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: edit for spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by jdub297

this might create jobs in a healthy economy, but everyone is hoarding money now. who is going to invest when they may lose everything?

oh, and corporations don't pay 35%. not even near that. there are so many loopholes that they use to bring it down. remember GE with zero taxes? i say we let those breaks and loopholes expire, then put tariffs on select imports.

though the government, being very sensible, would probably spend the extra revenue on some BS instead of paying down the deficit.

And I would add that we bring all our men home from all those cesspools in the middle east, close down all our foreign soil bases and tighten our borders, luxury taxes on everything from iphones to yachts and jetliners and become a totally protectionist society at least until we get our A$$e$ out oft he sling.
They can continue to use the military to secure our borders and it would cost less than keeping them oversees and they would stimulate our economy.
Now I don't mean shooting the illegals at all, just simply saying turn and go back do not pass go do not collect welfare!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Fact: Nations with lower corporate tax rates attract more businesses.

The USA, having one of the highest corporate tax rates in the industrial world simply isn't competitive as it once was. I don't agree with getting rid of a corporate tax, but a significantly lower one would help us big time. It shouldn't exceed 10% honestly.

If we cut our Defense spending by at least 70% we would solve our debt issues, we could keep tax rates lower, be a more competitive economy and create many more jobs.

And by the way ... how the effing hell is the AJA of 2011 150 pages? It can supposedly be summed up in 2 sentences, and yet it's the size of a small novel? I would like to read it if anyone knows where a digital copy can be found...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If we cut our Defense spending by at least 70% we would solve our debt issues, we could keep tax rates lower, be a more competitive economy and create many more jobs.

I totally agree with that sentiment. And if we tariffed imports from some of the nations these companies outsource to we can definately afford these tax cuts to the corporations WHO STAY IN THE USA. Along with what you said above. This would make our economy stronger and then later when we have gotten out of our grave hole, then we can recind the tariffs and open immigration again. Maybe we should each write congress with these ideas?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

But lets just look at the second richest man in this country, Warren Buffet.
How many people does he employ?
What does he produce?
How does taxing him hurt the US public considering HE PROVIDES NO SERVICES to jack up the price of?
If we give him a tax break how many more jobs will it produce?

Your argument is looking pretty thin ATM…

edit on 9/15/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

Except ...

Just how many Warren Buffets are there to tax?

Answer: so few that taxing them more wouldn't add hardly a drop to the funds pool needed to fix the deficit.

And for all the rich (and liberal) people saying they should be taxed more, or are willing to pay more - just do it! For God's sake, just write your contribution check to the IRS and be happy with what you've done.

Then leave the rest of us who feel we already pay enough alone.

edit on 9/15/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I agree! ( actually I don't believe in "free trade" with anyone, even Europe) but I won't write my congress critter. No, last time I did that I got a snarky sarcastic reply back telling me in short what an ignorant little school boy I was, and should leave matters of governing, and for that matter my general opinions, to my superiors.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Not to mention, especially in this globalized World, the ultra wealthy can simply leave and trade in another economy. In fact, some of my family actually immigrated to the USA to escape high taxes in Europe, and continued their business in the states. Average people can't get up and leave so easily, for the rich it's not a problem.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join