It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vows action against Pakistan-based insurgents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Oh boy.

US vows action against Pakistan-based insurgents

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Wednesday warned the United States would retaliate against insurgents based in Pakistan blamed for staging a dramatic attack in the Afghan capital.

A day after a 19-hour assault staged near the US embassy and NATO headquarters, Panetta expressed frustration that the Pakistani government has so far failed to crack down on Haqqani network militants that Washington suspects carried out Tuesday's attack.

"I'm not going to talk about how we're going to respond. I'll just let you know that we're not going to allow these kinds of attacks to go on," he said.

Let me tell you that this particular group of Talibans is quite good considering their latest actions :

The 19-hour Taliban assault on Kabul turned the city's most heavily secured district into a battle zone. Fifteen people were killed and six foreign troops wounded in the attack.

Most heavily secured district... that didn't stop them.

And this :

Before the Kabul attack, the US military blamed the Haqqani militants for a truck bombing on Saturday against a NATO base in Wardak province that wounded 77 American troops.

They are not the usual fighting group... maybe they are getting some help from the ISI or something?

Anyways, we should just GET THE HELL OUT of Afghanistan. Let India, Iran, Iraq and the whole area take care of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Pakistan insurgents, Israel and Turkey posturing at one another, Palestine bidding to be a recognized country in the UN.

This is starting to get kind of worrying :/

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

dejavu

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The Taliban will be back in power in no time, what they dont tell the people is that the Taliban has the backing of alot of Afghans, and muslims throughout the world.

The Afghans dont sit around watching the MSM to get their daily brain-washing, they want to rule by shariah and that is their right. As the Taliban would put it "The infidel invaders need to return to their own countries if they value cultural diversity and the lives of thier own citizens".

I find it funny that Bush declared victory against the Taliban about 10 years ago, and here we are 10 years later and the Taliban seems to be getting stronger and getting more support. A mulit-billion dollar war machine that is the most sophisticated in the world from numerous countrries that contains fighter jets, helicopters, tanks, etc cant beat a group of shepards with mortars, what a bunch of lying homicidal good for nothing cowards.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

Pakistan insurgents, Israel and Turkey posturing at one another, Palestine bidding to be a recognized country in the UN.

This is starting to get kind of worrying :/
I was just thinking the same thing. Is there anything else, anything at all this White House or Congress can do to further inflame a region that is already sitting atop a powder keg? Surely there is a room full of people coming up with new ideas because they keep finding new ways on a regular basis.

The OP is 100% right on this one. To the extent we had any basis to attack in Afghanistan, I believe the point was made and settled YEARS ago. Now that we've actually made withdrawal public policy, it's time to get going like our tails are on fire. They'll be nipping at our heals, just like they did the Soviets, all the way out.

How did it come to this AGAIN? Didn't we learn a thing from Vietnam?? Will anything be learned THIS time???

new topics

top topics

join