It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member--Media Coverage of "Mystery Object" In Southwest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hey all--I'm a longtime follower of ATS but never posted anything before. But I had to create an account and post (what I feel) are some interesting aspects of the LA news coverage of the "mystery object" that flew across the Southwest sky at about 7:40 PM tonight.

KCAL9 in LA broke in with a developing story about a "mystery object" that was spotted out in the high desert area. For those not familiar with the region, that's the Riverside/San Bernadino area an hour-plus east of LA. Instead of just dismissing it as a meteor, the reporters immediately started reading viewers' emails of what they'd seen. A lot of the initial emails described it as multi-colored, changing from green to white and to blue. Some said it had a tail, others didn't.

For the past couple of hours now, they've read more viewers emails (from people as far as Palm Springs and Coachella) and posted a YouTube video of the object, which shows the object moving back and forth in the night sky. And instead of just shrugging off the story and insisting it's a meteor, they continue to call it a "mystery object" (note: NOT "ufo"). However, they are saying it's "most likely" a meteor. They had a spokesperson from JPL in Pasadena say it's NOT a satellite/space junk, the FAA admit it wasn't a plane, and they've confirmed with Vandenburg Air Force Base that it wasn't a missile.

The 11 PM news is now leading with the "Mystery In The Sky" story. Saying it's been seen in Vegas and Phoenix. Anchorman is still calling it a "mystery object" and even the lead report is saying it's an "intriguing mystery."

To see this amount of blanket, objective coverage for what is for all intents and purposes a UFO is quite startling to me. I'm used to seeing mainstream media types downplaying or laughing off this kind of story, say it's a meteor/plane/missile and leave it at that. With a few snide and snarky comments about the "tin foil hat" crowd.

Just now the reporter said, "Let's talk to an expert about what we MAY have seen tonight."

Is it me or is this a surprising change in tone about UFO coverage? I feel it is, but that's just my two cents....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Achilles

Do you happen to have a link to the video?

Edit: Found one!

edit on 15-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No offense but this is seriously like the fourth thread on this topic.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS, see ya on the boards. Mods will be here to welcome you, give you some links, and probably close your thread. Brace yourself.

Thanks for the video!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Meteors does not navigate like that as seen in the posted video. It is impossible to do because of the speed they achieve and obviously - they does not have any maneuvering capabilities

Now what is this thing? Probably an UFO with unknown origin, but I hope to hear soon about it.

P.S. Looks like it tried to show it self to as many people as he can.

BTW: welcome

edit on 2011.9.15 by amfis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
sigh. It does seem there are more incidents of UFO sightings lately. However, it is also apparent many people are posting about teh same sightings. I want the real deal or I want to go home. Wait I am home. Imagine that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Hi 4Achilles, and welcome to the ATS Introductions Forum, this forum is confined to introductions only.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed. Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

If you feel ATS must be made aware of a story or have an issue please use the complaint feature located in the Member Tools and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

You are more than welcome to post a new introduction thread about you, if you wish.

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Thread closed.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join