It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Some good evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am sure I am way late on this, however I am looking for a few books on the masons. Books that go both ways. One that talks about how bad they are and all the things that they do and ones that talk about some of the good stuff that they do in the community. Thanks for your help you all.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by jayspun]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayspun
You know the propoganda that they put out to defelct energy from what they are really doing.

Thanks for your help you all.

Not a good way to get the information you seek... get ready for flames if you plan to word all your questions like that.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I am sure I am way late on this, however I am looking for a few books on the masons. Books that go both ways. One that talks about how bad they are and all the things that they do and ones that talk about some of the good stuff that they do in the community. Thanks for your help you all.

Jayspun,

I've posted the link before but don't have it at my fingertips. The best book I can recommend is:

Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry

by

Art de Hoyos 33-Degree
and S. Brent Morris 33-Degree, Grand Cross

It's available from the Masonic Service Association on-line and there's a link somewhere with the ENTIRE text available free. (The book's better than the web-site though and only about 7 or 8 dollars.

Senrak

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No flames, but you're already making assumptions. You assume that the Freemasons must do bad things as well as good things. This is what I call the fallacy of the "middle way." This fallacy holds that objectivity lies in giving equal attention to all claims about a subject... but the fact of the matter is that some claims are spurious. Not all claims are equally true. As a Freemason, I can tell you we don't do anything bad, but you have to decide whether you believe me or not. I give you my word of honour that I'm telling the truth... but again, it's up to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
masons....bad....... lmfao!!!
Go and meet a real mason for the love of God!! you will see that there is nothing bad about them, bloody hell
do not believe everything on the internet *shakes head*

Internet = The Devil

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip. I was also hoping to get a line of some of the other lit out there that suggests that the masons are involved in several different conspiracies.

THanks again for your help.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Apparently I was not clear enough on what I am looking for. I am intrested in reading litature from both sides of the debate on freemasonary. Whether or not I think that the masons are "bad" or "good" is not what is important. Even If I was to take your word, that does not address my request for textual information on what the masons do and what they are accused of.

Just for the record. I have no opion on the masons. I leave that judgement for smarter more informed individuals then myself

thanks everyone for your help.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
And what conspiracies would those be?

Masons plotting to take over the world? illuminati?? frigging little green men and masons?? there is no masonic conspiracy!!! The reasons for conspiracies around Freemasonry and other secret societies is because their work is a secret! but those that mean they are plottin evil things.......hell no!
I have secrets, does that mean my secrets are link to conspiracies...pfffttt no. My advice is meet a mason and ignore all the anti-masonic crap that is out and about in the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I understand that you do not believe in the mason conspriracy. I am not saying that I do either. Rather what I am asking is where I can find the exact information that has been published regarding conspriacy theories involving the masons.

Thanks for your quick response.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Just for the record. I have no opion on the masons. I leave that judgement for smarter more informed individuals then myself

Respectfully, that's a very poor idea. If you forfeit the right to make your own opinions, then your opinions will not be formed by the most educated, but the most forceful personalities. And since force of personality is often accompanied by egotism or even fanaticism and insanity, you leave yourself wide open to very poor decisions.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I understand that you do not believe in the mason conspriracy.

I use to, then i went out an actually meet a mason and he was so friendly towards me. Lovely people

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I understand that you do not believe in the mason conspriracy. I am not saying that I do either. Rather what I am asking is where I can find the exact information that has been published regarding conspriacy theories involving the masons.

Thanks for your quick response.

If you want to see a lot of lies about Freemasonry (which is what you are asking for, though I doubt you realise it), a good site is www.freemasonrywatch.org.... Once you're done reading that, I would strongly encourage you to read Masonicinfo and "Is it True what They Say about Freemasonry?", as these will show you why that site is nonsense (if you can't figure out for yourself).

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You got to love www.freemasonrywatch.org...., those guys are running B.S center. i choose not to read anti-masonic sites due to them mainly being based on people views without no evidence to support.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The problem is that it is hard to actually recommend some anti-masonry books - they've nearly all been debunked.

About the only one I can suggest is "Darkness Visible" by Walton Hannah. It hasn't been thouroughly debunked in my opinion, but the anti-masonry view that it contains actually spurred a few guys into joining the Order!!! In fact, it's probably been bought more by masons than it has the general public.

www.ad2000.com.au...

I do have a wry smile on my face when reading this book though. Walton Hannah was an Anglican bishop when he wrote "Darkness Visible" and soon after he changed creeds and became a Catholic priest. In my opinion there are more divisions between Catholism and Aglicanism than there are between either of these faiths and Freemasonry.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Concerning anti-Masonic books:

I would recommend "Freemasonry Interpreted" by Martin Wagner. It is a "serious" anti-Masonic book written by an evangelical minister. I say "serious" because the book is very well-written, and scrupuously avoids the more absurd conspiracy theories.
The author, like most anti-Masonic writers, quotes heavily from Pike and Mackey, but unlike most of his colleagues, he quotes them honestly for the most part, and doesn't pretend that they were satanists.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Kessinger Publications: online ebooks

All you need to know about Freemasonry. Just use the search on the left and read to your hearts content. This site has all Kessinger's publications Including "Morals and Dogma" By Albert Pike, "Freemason's Companion" By Anonymous and tons (Gigabites) more.

Have fun everyone.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
How about you just go to the Masonic lodge and hand out with the guys. I do that and they are good blokes.

top topics

join