It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Resigns Over Global Warming

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm sure his (false) opinion isn't based on the FACT that his entire career was sponsored by GE and Norwegian's largest oil company

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I don't understand why you wont believe scientist when they say global warming is true. But instantly accept it as truth when one says it might not be.

Sounds like a strange double standard to me...

edit on 15-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

To be clear, global warming, er... climate change IS happening.

But, it is *not*....

the natural, cyclical, cosmic, geothermal, sun influencing, etc factors that are contributing to this fact,

but rather the man-made, car exhaust, cow flatulence, coal plant, Al Gore 'global warming' that they will try to tax and control humans with,

...that this guy is resigning over!

edit on 9/16/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Agreed, climate change is always occurring, borrowing from one of my posts in a different thread www.abovetopsecret.com... you can see that there's a huge cycle in the 10s of thousands of years.

400,000 years of ice data
You can see that CO2 levels lag behind rise in temperatures, so does CO2 drive temp, or is it the other way around where temperature drives CO2.

The Earth's orbital eccentricity, tilt, and precession vary in a pattern over thousands of years. The IPCC notes that Milankovitch cycles drove the ice age cycles; CO2 followed temperature change "with a lag of some hundreds of years"

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by RogerT

Well my shot of tap water is good for 20 years now instead of 10.
Tap water is improving.

Mine must have been good for 40 years then, as I haven't needed any since my mum was mislead into believing I needed one back then (and I've stood on plenty of rusty nails!)

ON TOPIC: Thanks AIM64C for your post a few above that clearly shows to the laymen how ridiculous it is to attempt to assert a temperature rise of a fraction of a degree from measurements taken from whole degree apparatus, situated next to man-made heat sources, using some unproveable method to adjust that data so that it fits the intended conclusion. A very nice summary of the ideology of the AGW alarmists methods.
edit on 16/9/11 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

Couldn't we just go by the weather?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I'm sure his (false) opinion isn't based on the FACT that his entire career was sponsored by GE and Norwegian's largest oil company

Thank you! Finally someone who is not willing to trust GE or any other "energy" company's advice on this. Climate deniers should be locked up as criminals if you ask me. They are flat out dangerous and unstable individuals willing to allow their political ambitions and hyperbole "to make unlivable" the only planet we have.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Eventually, all the lies catch up to the liberals.
They will all resign soon.
The truth shall set them free.
------------
It turns out the sun causes Climate Change.
Turning the worlds economies upside down would NOT effect the sun.

-----------
Geothermal energy is also a big factor.
Al Gore is ignoring the truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentNoise

Agreed, climate change is always occurring, borrowing from one of my posts in a different thread www.abovetopsecret.com... you can see that there's a huge cycle in the 10s of thousands of years.

You can see that CO2 levels lag behind rise in temperatures, so does CO2 drive temp, or is it the other way around where temperature drives CO2.

The Earth's orbital eccentricity, tilt, and precession vary in a pattern over thousands of years. The IPCC notes that Milankovitch cycles drove the ice age cycles; CO2 followed temperature change "with a lag of some hundreds of years"

It is natural for the Earth to have an ice age about every 10,000 years.
We are due for another ice age in about 1,500 years.
We do not have the technology or the means to slow it down or stop it.

-------------
Truth be told, it was never about Global Warming.
It was always about control over the general population through fear.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Dr. Ivar Giaever, a former professor with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the 1973 winner of the Nobel Prize in physics, abruptly announced his resignation Tuesday, Sept. 13, from the premier physics society in disgust over its officially stated policy that "global warming is occurring."

He is 82. How do they pass this off as abrupt? At 82 you don't do anything abruptly.
This old coot was ready to go. If he was correct he would have a body of scientists who are sticking together and backing him up.

Where are they?

Instead I find this..

ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY

Climate change is a problem that is affecting people and the environment. Greater energy efficiency and new technologies hold promise for reducing greenhouse gases and solving this global challenge. EPA's website provides information on climate change for communities, individuals, businesses, states, localities and governments.epa.gov...

THE NEW YORK TIMES

The agreement fell well short of the broad changes scientists say are needed to avoid dangerous climate change in coming decades.topics.nytimes.com...

LIBRARY - THINK QUEST.ORG

Many things cause global warming. One thing that causes global warming is electrical pollution. Electricity causes pollution in many ways, some worse than others. In most cases, fossil fuels are burned to create electricity. Fossil fuels are made of dead plants and animals. Some examples of fossil fuels are oil and petroleum. Many pollutants (chemicals that pollute the air, water, and land) are sent into the air when fossil fuels are burned. Some of these chemicals are called greenhouse gasses.library.thinkquest.org...

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

Glaciers are melting, sea levels are rising, cloud forests are drying, and wildlife is scrambling to keep pace. It's becoming clear that humans have caused most of the past century's warming by releasing heat-trapping gases as we power our modern lives. Called greenhouse gases, their levels are higher now than in the last 650,000 years.environment.nationalgeographic.com... www.ucsusa.org...

UNION OF CONCERNED SCIENTISTS

The Earth is warming and human activity is the primary cause. Climate disruptions put our food and water supply at risk, endanger our health, jeopardize our national security, and threaten other basic human needs. Some impacts—such as record high temperatures, melting glaciers, and severe flooding and droughts—are already becoming increasingly common across the country and around the world. So far, our national leaders are failing to act quickly to reduce heat-trapping emissions. www.ucsusa.org...

ATTACK ON THE CLEAN AIR ACT

In 2009, the EPA released its scientific findings, concluding that global warming emissions presented a danger to public health (known as the “endangerment finding”). Citing extensive scientific research, the EPA found that global warming pollution is connected with:

hotter, longer heat waves that threaten the health of the sick, poor, and elderly;
increases in ground-level ozone pollution, linked to asthma and other respiratory illnesses; and
extreme weather events that can lead to deaths, injuries, and stress-related illnesses.

In January 2010, Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) along with 40 co-sponsors, proposed a resolution to reject this science-based endangerment finding. Specifically, the resolution would have stopped EPA from requiring that new coal-fired power plants and other large emitters use modern technology to reduce their global warming pollution. www.ucsusa.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by SilentNoise

It is natural for the Earth to have an ice age about every 10,000 years.
We are due for another ice age in about 1,500 years.
We do not have the technology or the means to slow it down or stop it.

-------------
Truth be told, it was never about Global Warming.
It was always about control over the general population through fear.

Truth be told the climate is heating up and burning fossil fuel is the primary cause.

It is like smoking with your kids in the car and the windows rolled up.

Nobody want to give up the butts. I think smoke and fire is my friend so it doesn't really bother me but small things are dying. This is a good way to divest ourselves of the weak and sickly and I think that is what they are trying to do. Cook us alive. And you believe them.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

------------

-----------

I know you anti liberals long for the days when your monarchy and royalty made all your big decisions for you but we like our liberty.

You are having a hard time with your freedom I see.
First thing you should do is stop believing their lies.

Trust science not politicians.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Fossil fuel is the - primary- cause???
------------
Still conveniently - ignoring - the sun i see.

Drinking the Al Gore cool aid?

----------
Eventually, you will discover that there is a direct relationship between the weather on the sun
and the weather on the Earth.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

------------

-----------

I take it you haven't bothered reading the actual scientific study proving that the sun causes climate change. If you had, you'd know that while the sun is a CONTRIBUTING FACTOR, it isn't the prime factor responsible. Go read the actual peer reviewed study. It sometimes helps to get the full amount of info instead of cherry-picked bits

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I am not a spokesperson for the energy companies doing the enslaving nor am I swindled into believing their convenient lie against my better judgement and all evidence to the contrary. You of course are free to believe what you are told. I believe the science that has been in place for 40 years and not the Johnny come lately climate change deniers.

The sun is hot all right and if you cut down every tree and level the rain forests see how much hotter that sun feels to you. How many people have to die before you realize it is all connected...one organism, one gasping planet?
edit on 16-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Thank you! Finally someone who is not willing to trust GE or any other "energy" company's advice on this. Climate deniers should be locked up as criminals if you ask me. They are flat out dangerous and unstable individuals willing to allow their political ambitions and hyperbole "to make unlivable" the only planet we have.

This isn't the first time someone posts an OPINION of some random scientist claiming climate change isn't largely influenced by humanity at this stage. Every single time, the first thing I do is google those scientists credentials. And guess what, every single time so far they're either former energy company employees now earning their retirement check by doing good PR for those companies, or they work in fields that have NOTHING to do with climate change. In this case, both is the case. He's been paid by energy companies all his life, and in addition, his main area of study doesn't even have anything to do with climate studies.

But who cares about facts, right?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Actual scientific study - wow! That sounds impressive.

-------------
You mean those liberal nuts over in England who are paid $$$ Billions $$$ to simply
add to the - Fear - that is already out there.

Didn't you read all of the emails in ClimateGate?
You have been had.

Eventually, you will be forced to face the truth. Al Gore is a politician who is slowly
becoming mentally unstable. He is not a scientist.

Truth be told , the - primary factors - of climate change are normal solar wind -
huge solar flares & geothermal energy.
The planet Earth is following it's own geological clock.
1,500 years to go until the next ice age.

Stop fear mongering with doomsday Climate Change BS.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ok I think we need to clarify something here.

Yes the corporate governments are using Climate Change as a way of taxing more and increasing fear and there by control over the public.
That does not mean though that man made climate change is a lie created by the elite for said above reasons. No they saw the scientific data and realised that yes We the fossil fuel using humans are the main (but not only) cause of climate change on the planet and that therefore they could use and exploit this scientific fact to push their own agenda.
The elite using this data and the fact that man made CC is happening are two seperate ideas and should not be muddied together as so often seems to be the case on this site.
The elite are benifiting from man made CC so man made CC must be a fraud is simply not true,
To those saying the sun is causing CC.....
No one is saying that the sun does not effect climate change, of course it does, but the point the majority of scientists are making is that on top of this normal cycle it is man and his industrial society that is speeding up that change and is the main factor in the excessive and never before seen rate of tempratue increase.

I would of thought the people of this site in particular could see the difference between a government making use of a disaster and being the actual cause of it.
Please dont jump to conclusions and be logical and together we can come to the truth. You should be mad at your governments for using this situation to their advantage not mad at the science and scientists behind it that are mearly trying to report their empirical findings.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Stop fear mongering with doomsday Climate Change BS.

It's not fear mongering if it's based on facts. And that sun study is based on facts, and going completely against what you're posting. Mhhhhhh, what should I go for...peer reviewed scientific studies or your word? Let me think

Look, the facts are pretty clear, and your anti-science rants are kinda comical, so how about you post some peer reviewed objective evidence to support your claims instead of parrotting stuff you heard on energy-company sponsored sources?
Man up or shut up!
edit on 16-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is an excellent article to show a number of things key to the whole global warming fiasco.

First off is that it takes guts and backbone to stand up to those that have used science and data to manipulate the premise that global warming is ongoing in the first place.

This recent gesture proves with great emphasis that the field of science has been co-opted by by those who pay for what results they seek to promote. Big money interests seeking out those that money can by to get them to provide the mass of false data and the deception that is currently ongoing.

With the clear and negative politicization of science data and or those that believe in telling the truth about the data, this recent gesture proves to me without a doubt that many scientist, or least those who take pride in the truth and in actual science fact, have been gaining the momentum to challenge the liars and the deceivers that are promoting lies and deception regarding global warming.

While this anti truth in science group is a mix of political interests aligned with carbon tax scams and means to rob the public and corporations, everyone to date knows that they would have no credibility or platform had not corrupt scientist provided the false data to these political liars and deceivers.

In my mind there should be a penalty among scientist, doctors, anyone of the professional PHD level and above for outright lying to the nation and assisting such vermin of deceit.

Not until some punishment for lying is placed on all scientist and not until the science community cleans up the internal reasons such a global warming scam that could not have existed without the lying scientist in the first place.

I believe firmly that any professional to include politicians that lie and perpetuate a deception by hiring corrupt scientist should be immediately prevented from continuing in whatever capacity they currently exist.

Fire them, brand them and prevent them from ever serving in the science field ever again.

Not until there is a price that matters to these corrupt scientist will such lying and deception cease.

It is a shame that it takes the notoriety of a Nobel Prize winning physicist to get attention to this fact and moreover, I ponder why those in science have not moved to censure and or identify all those that support lies because someone paid them to do so.

It is this systemic corruption of our sciences that we have seen in all areas of American society to include medicine and others fields of science.

It is long over due for a cleaning out of the liars and the corrupt practices that currently exist in this field of science and to ignore those that do the bribing, those huge corporations and private interests that stand much to gain if such a lie can be perpetuated are the reason we have such an abundance of corrupt scientist willing to do or say anything for the cash.

It is a dilemma we could fix, but to do so would require some harsh measures and in my opinion, the time is at hand to get rid of such lying scum. We don't need them, only big lying corporations need them and not until we stop any big corporations ability to bribe their way into what science is promoting for big dollars, will this madness ever cease or diminish.

Thanks for the thread and it did me good to see someone act out of conscious and what is right, for we need more of this type of scientist and not the type that can be bought for peanuts just so they can rubber stamp bogus data.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Well said. They rubber stamped the Climate Change BS for 1 reason. - Funding -
-------------
The good news is that the truth will be setting us all free.
I'm wondering how all this will look in the history books?

Chapter 1: How to create a HOAX.

Chapter 2: Attack those who bring forth the truth about the sun. Label them something catchy: Deniers!

Chapter 3: Use -FEAR- to keep the HOAX alive.

Chapter 4: Turn Global Warming into a liberal religion.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Or you could use your brain and figure out what brings corporations more profit...having to respect the environment, or not having to. Get that answer right, and check up on who advocates AGAINST climate change (aka corporate-sponsored sock puppets like the one in this thread), and you realize that climate change isn't a hoax...and the "hoax" accusation is a clever marketing campaign by big energy companies. Hell, even the scientist quoted in this thread is a clear sock puppet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join