It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Resigns Over Global Warming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Resigns Over Global Warming

www.foxnews.com

Dr. Ivar Giaever, a former professor with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the 1973 winner of the Nobel Prize in physics, abruptly announced his resignation Tuesday, Sept. 13, from the premier physics society in disgust over its officially stated policy that "global warming is occurring."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
1000 Scientists Speak Out Against IPCC & Al Gore
Climate Depot

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

The Powerful Coalition That Wants To Engineer The World's Climate

The Holy Land: The Ecological Turning Point Of The Three Religions

Geoengineering Trials Get Under Way

The Climate Cash Cow
edit on 15-9-2011 by burntheships because: format, spelling, links

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I wonder...how many more outstanding scientists will it take to speak out in truth
to overcome the crooked politicians and religious fanatics that comprise the movement of
The Manmade Global Warming Crowd?

Another domino falls...Giaever has taked permanent objection to the statement on warming theory claiming that "the evidence is inconvertible."

The American Physical Society (APS) supports the theory that man's actions have inexorably led to the warming of the planet, through increased emissions of carbon dioxide, and even as the controversy continues, the APS has no plans to revise its official position.

"In the APS it is ok to discuss whether the mass of the proton changes over time and how a multi-universe behaves, but the evidence of global warming is incontrovertible?"

Use of the term "incontrovertible" had already caused debate within the society of which has no plans
to revise its statement.

Giaever contends the term 'incontrovertible' is rarely used in science because by its very nature...science questions prevailing ideas.

Giaver's Nobel Prize winning experimental discoveries were regarding tunneling phenomena in
superconductors...he has since become a vocal dissenter from the alleged “consensus” regarding
man-made climate fears.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-9-2011 by burntheships because: format

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't understand why you wont believe scientist when they say global warming is true. But instantly accept it as truth when one says it might not be.

Sounds like a strange double standard to me...

edit on 15-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I must say I give credence to 1000 and counting scientists who speak out with supporting evidence.

More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims
Scientists Continue to Debunk Fading “Consensus”

Another Prominent Physicist Resigns:

'Climategate was a fraud on a scale I have never seen...Effect on APS position: None. None at all. This is not science' www.climatedepot.com... ct-on-APS-position-none-None-at-all-This-is-not-science

www.climatedepot.com... C--Gore

hw.libsyn.com...

www.climatedepot.com... ups-Promotion-of-ManMade-Global-Warming

The First Global Revolution
which is " A Report by The Club Of Rome" in which the quote is found...

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself."

page 84 of the PDF, page 75 of the actual document.
ia700408.us.archive.org...

edit on 15-9-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I don't believe it is about couldn't be. It is about they say the scientific proof that is isn't happening. According to them the evidence is that it is not occuring. They are one by one coming out and saying that they are no longer going to be part of a lie and fraud being perpetrated on the people for private gain and world domination.

link   
reply to post by burntheships

the media twisted the publics view on this so bad
its not about global warming
its about the fact were using a finite resource that doesnt do anyone or anything any good. there are so many natural alternatives that have been hidden because rich tycoons pull all the strings.

link   

its about the fact were using a finite resource that doesnt do anyone or anything any good. there are so many natural alternatives that have been hidden because rich tycoons pull all the strings.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I must say I give credence to 1000 and counting scientists who speak out with supporting evidence. More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims Scientists Continue to Debunk Fading “Consensus”

(i) 97–98% of the climate researchers most actively publishing in the field support the tenets of ACC (Anthropogenic Climate Change) outlined by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and (ii) the relative climate expertise and scientific prominence of the researchers unconvinced of ACC are substantially below that of the convinced researchers.[106]

en.wikipedia.org...

So, what now?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I think "man made" global warming hasn't been proven in anything, all science is basically just a bunch of guesses anyway..... who knows which "side" is right.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am glad to know that there are those who will take a stand for truth. Yes he is noble in my book. I wish more scientists and world leaders would fight so strongly to let us all know the truth of our situation.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

edit on 15-9-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: mistake

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

I think "man made" global warming hasn't been proven in anything, all science is basically just a bunch of guesses anyway..... who knows which "side" is right.

lol, no science is just not a bunch of 'guesses'. Computers don't work off 'guesses'. The guy giving open heart surgery is not 'guessing' where to cut. We did not 'guess' our way to the moon.

en.wikipedia.org...

Come back later, friend!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Looks like Wikipedia is not up to speed. Besides, Wikipedia is not
accurate even when its up to date, not always. Too much fraud.

Sound familiar?

www.foxnews.com...

mywikibiz.com...

You are aware of Climate Gate, yes?

Even the Royal Society, the mad scientists club has retreated from
its previous stance on Global Warming.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Looks like Wikepedia is not up to speed. Besides, Wikipedia is not accurate even when its up to date, not always. Too much fraud, sound familiar? www.foxnews.com...

That's weird coming from someone who links Fox News. Even though Wikipedias credentials have no bearing on whether the info is factual or not, i will play your game.

www.pnas.org...

You are aware of Climate Gate, yes?

* The messages, which span 13 years, show a few scientists in a bad light, being rude or dismissive. An investigation is underway, but there’s still plenty of evidence that the earth is getting warmer and that humans are largely responsible.
* Some critics say the e-mails negate the conclusions of a 2007 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, but the IPCC report relied on data from a large number of sources, of which CRU was only one.
* E-mails being cited as "smoking guns" have been misrepresented. For instance, one e-mail that refers to "hiding the decline" isn’t talking about a decline in actual temperatures as measured at weather stations. These have continued to rise, and 2009 may turn out to be the fifth warmest year ever recorded. The "decline" actually refers to a problem with recent data from tree rings.

www.factcheck.org...

Okay, is this gonna last another round?
edit on 15-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The whole man-made global warming scam is about resource control. YOU are one of those resources. The scamsters want to control you, your lifestyle, your energy use, your food intake, your consciousness and your reproduction.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

wiki, factcheck & an 18month old report ... these are your sources ???
no wonder you're confused and ill-informed.

edit to add: ooooops, sorry OP, almost forgot ... nice catch
... s&f for you.
yes, we need to reduce our consumption-ism, however, the human contribution is simply that, a contribution not a cause.

you want to negate your impact, plant some trees, foliage, a garden ... greeeeenery of all kinds is good.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

I'm sorry, where are your sources? Also, why am i the only one called into question. What about him linking fox news? He even linked Wikipedia itself in the thread he just linked.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Want the real story behind Ivar?

Here you go then:

www.desmogblog.com...

Big oil financed shill essentially...

No suprises then.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by Honor93

I'm sorry, where are your sources? Also, why am i the only one called into question. What about him linking fox news? He even linked Wikipedia itself in the thread he just linked.

if a breakdown is necessary ...
the OP linked a news story ... you, not so much
the OP used wiki as a secondary source ... you, not so much
most members here will balk at factcheck (unless you're one of the drones) ... that site and its info has been debunked numerous times
the news source (fox) is only one of many but happens to be telling the story ... are you implying they're lying?
wiki is a universal source, yes, just not necessarily a complete or correct one (also proven many times)
if you have 'other' more reliable sources, please share but if you intend to dismiss and argue based on those sources alone, please find another playground.

my sources can be found in previous posts on previous threads, feel free to look in profile.
as for listing them, i have before ... if you're interested, do you own homework.
besides, this isn't a thread about if GW is or is not, it is about the news story.
care to keep it on topic ??

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Want the real story behind Ivar?

Here you go then:

www.desmogblog.com...

Big oil financed shill essentially...

No suprises then.

not understanding your implication here ... all science is backed by industry schills ... what makes his stance, his studies or his opinion industry sponsored ??
according to your link, he hasn't wavered on his opinion regardless of the funding received.
please clarify your point. what exactly is 'no surprise' ??
that he left the fold or that he accepted the funds?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join