It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidences with words im reading being spoken to me from various sources around me

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird
I've only just came across the Mandela effect this week!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

This is occurring so much lately and sometimes it sends chills down my spine

Why? It sounds quite enjoyable. Embrace it, laugh a little, and relax. If the biggest problem in your life right now is a mild case of synchronicity, I and many others would gladly trade places.

I can't remember which notable clergyman said it, but he said: "When I pray, coincidences happen." Which suggests that not everyone perceives these things as ill omens. In fact, they probably aren't omens at all. They are just peculiarities of the universe, and should be appreciated whenever possible.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The subconscious or whatever correct technicality, trying to make connections through memories because it's that bored?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mellyd76
a reply to: QueenofWeird
I've only just came across the Mandela effect this week!

I have it with thinking not so much reading. And when flicking channels. Tv show about x on channel a, on a different channel somebody mentions x. This happens so much, I am expecting it

Don't be scared.
edit on 27-8-2017 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just found this discussion today. Have been experiencing the same phenomenon for around 2 years now. Mine is commonly related to me thinking or reading something and it lining up usually at the exact same time or within a second of something being said on TV or in the lyrics of a song I am listening to. Some days I will even have it happen 5 times or more and there are other days it doesn't happen at all. Occasionally I will get more significant real life coincidences as well. About a year ago I started documenting each occurrence but stopped after a while. I decided to start recording again after finding this forum and low and behold I even had an occurrence while writing this reply.

I am happy to have been able to find this forum and would be very interested in sharing more of my experiences with someone on the phone/skype because it is really hard to explain to others. If anyone else is interested in talking more about this please message me. Thanks!
edit on 23-10-2017 by Sam91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You are receiving HOLISTIC data that you are attracting,what do want to think of it?
Coincidences?
OK ,it means NOTHING then..but THAT wouldn't AT ALL explain YOU bringing it up,now would it?
So, I ask you that.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
You are receiving HOLISTIC data that you are attracting,what do want to think of it?
Coincidences?
OK ,it means NOTHING then..but THAT wouldn't AT ALL explain YOU bringing it up,now would it?
So, I ask you that.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sam91

WHAT it means to you, is it's value.
SO ,what does it mean in your idea?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is an answer I would like to know. I can't seem to put any meaning to it. It neither harms me or benefits me and I am unable to relate it to anything. The only thing I have noticed is that it seems to occur more frequently during high stress times.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sam91

If it HELPS ...I use THAT very thing to sort of check spiritual direction.
IF I like it I'm doing well ,IF NOT then I must pay better attention to my choices.
DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA if I'm right, I'm sure as hell not RICH, but I'm alive,out of jail and more like me than don't.
AND stress has dropped greatly.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well where do I begin.....first of all, Happy Halloween.

Since i began smoking weed in 2006 i began to notice things like this...precognition, thought form manifestation, telepathy, etc. Although i think it was occurring before then, i was just less attuned to the awareness aspect.

Then 2007. #ing hell.

My friend Chris died in a car crash and everything went #ING NUTS.

Endless paranormal experiences. I was experiencing everything anyone has s mentioned in this thread and much more...

So many bizarre and twisted happenings that have nearly ruined me.

A picture of my friend L and I on the beach with a very obvious grey alien looking head coming out of the top of my own head...It has been his facebook profile pic for 7 years now.

Endless coincidences exhausting my whole self. People around me becoming frightened or angry by my very presence, and its usually when i listen in a certain anxiety filled way to them speaking...like im mentally linking through some bizarte form of telepathy by listening to them speak, but only in a certain way.

And then theres October 2012...

The coincidences were becoming unbearable and i was starting to lose it.

I can still remember those days...people around me stopping dead in their tracks to snap a look at me and against their will theyd say "It's Satan" or "It's him" or "Its Lucian"

It all culminated in a late october 2012 night. My ex gf and i had moved to a forested mountain city north of the monterey bay...

That night...terror. Pure terror.

I felt something akin to a massive panic attack combined with extreme grief and dread. Our two cats were freaking out too, one was even throwing up uncontrollably.

Then it came...

Something inhuman. It was right outside our #ing house, speaking.

The most gutteral, harshest, angriest voice and it was speaking a language ive never heard...it didnt sound human. I was petrified and my gut told me to silence my mind. My ex gf and I both heard it...and she went outside to see it...i still dont know if she did.

We both moved away the next day, scarred by everything that had happened. That very next night, our next door neighbors house burned to the ground...nothing was left.

To this day i am plagued with dreams of my dead friend, flashbacks to the coincidences and horrific experiences. I sometimes even wonder if im in a coma or dead myself.

I cant hold a job despite being college educated and skilled because i honestly frighten or anger people with whatever the hell "gift" this is. Ive seen a psychiatrist for 5 years and what began as "these are all delusions and hallucintions" quickly evolved into him admitting he is full of # and now he is experiencing these things too...im not #ing JOKING. We have tried tons of medicines. Nothing "helps".

Im still often leary to even think around people or listen carefully out of concern that ill telepathically bother them. It often happens anyway and makes me feel incredible guilt.

Im a loveable social outcast now.

Ive gone through the delusions of grandeur, thinking im God's son or perhaps Lucifer, to thinking im an alien or an abductee, to thinking im possesed by interdimensional dick heads (some supposrd clairvoyant woman has been going around my home town telling people im possesed).

I have been searching for answers, and ive been here on ATS for a lot longer than this account's creation date.

And ill be honest, im kind of furious about a lot of this.

edit on 31-10-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
my second name is Gibb and my synchronicities have been going through the roof as of late, entering into this thread is just another one, it best be culminating in something worthwhile as i too am feeling annoyed...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

want to talk exchange stories on fb or something?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: camouflaged

You know, like...every time I hear the words 'cheese' and 'burger' in the same sentence I suddenly have an insatiable hankering for a cheeseburger, and...like, every time I see a Dominos I all of a sudden fancy a pizza. Coincidence?

Only joking, I have had this happen to me a lot, again - usually while reading with someone talking or some background noise from a tv or movie.

Most of the time you can chop it down to probability because the words are more common, but sometimes it's really odd phrases, words or combination of words and that's why it really stands out and seems so inexplicable. But, yeah...have experienced this on countless occasions.

Another thing I noticed happened a lot was I'd learn a totally new word, a word I'd never heard before...and I'm talking I'm an adult not like some 9 year old who's like - whoooa, learnt a new word, dog! And the word I learnt was something common like 'leg' or something.

Nah, I'm talkin rare words you don't hear so often...trying to think of a particular example but can't. The point I was making is that in my adult life I'll sometimes hear or read a word I'd never read or heard before then all of a sudden I hear that word everywhere. Like it didn't exist one minute, next minute everyone was using it - and it's like, immediately after you first learn that word....like some spirit dude was like...he's gonna need to know what word, let's slip it into the book he's readin' and prepare that dude.

I've over embellished...rapid imagination gone haywire. But still genuine experiences and odd they are.
edit on 6/11/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
80% of what we hear is 20% of what we say.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have the same things happen to me even people around me have noticed ive just googled it as its happened again just now im reading about a deer gets killed by a train and its happened now on horror ch in film howl. Last wk i was watching meet joe black and never seen it before and i had somewhere over the rainbow in my head and the exact same tune with the guy on ukele came on when writing going up at end of film. I can think of something and its on tv or i read about it. Its getting more and more frequent maybe everyday or every other day im glad others r experiencing it and im not a freak i feel little comfort knowing im not alone. a reply to: camouflaged

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It's because of social media.
People's minds are on the same subject from the same source(s) ..yes even anchor men and radio personalities.

So they're gonna discuss the same things.

Or you can go the superstitious route....

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hi, I just joined and would like to make my first post by replying to this thread.

A few years ago I had a dream about my dead father, in the dream there was a grey cloud of ash and I heard his voice say to me, "the number of significance is 333", when I woke I thought it must be something mystical in meaning and I thought of the trinity (family is not Catholic) However, my mother passed away on Jan 4 of this year and around the 6th of Jan I was getting drunk and looking at youtube videos about the afterlife, I was scanning the comments section of one of the videos and came across a particular comment from someone concerning the death of their father and 333 entered into it, I laughed out loud at this of course and it made me feel a little better, I searched for this comment since (I wished I had cut and pasted the comment for future reference) and could not find it. It was definitely a real comment and not a figment of my imagination.

Feel free anyone to interpet this.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Nothing paranormal or mysterious about this. It is called The Baader-Meinhof phenomenon or Frequency Illusion cognitive bias.

Go google it.
edit on 7-11-2018 by RedEyes619 because: s&g

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Synchronicity

Even thou this was posted 8 years ago, I’m still going to reply to this because it’s somethings that’s been happening quite often to me for about 5 years after semi-retiring as a children’s librarian from the Library District in 2014, where today, it happened again while I was was reading something on my iPad mini, I was also watching/listening to Two and a Half Men, as well.

As soon as I read the word “genius” it was drowned out by the exact same word being said by Ashton Kutcher. And yesterday while doing the same thing on my device, the phrase “on the other hand” was said at the exact same moment on “Kings of Queens” by one of Doug’s buddies, but this time having that happen with that many words gave me chill bumps this time. I’ve had it occur with 2 words, and mainly 1 word, but never 4 words?! And never on back to back days, for as an Autodidact, I’m always reading somethain’t from AM to late PM, but lately such occurrences are becoming more frequent now.

So after the “genius” moment today, it was time to research this somewhat magical occurrence now to see if this was a common occurrence for others, as well.

I’m relieved that it is, but as a Pantheist (spiritual atheist) Dawkins words, I’m not going to connect this with anything to do with a deity.

Thankfully, I did find this which totally resonated with me on the topic of synchronicity.

www.researchgate.net...
>>>Synchronicity explores the borderland between meaning and spacetime, where chance meets necessity, when external and internal circumstances align in meaningful coincidence. It links the observable and unknowable, the effect of the particular and specific with the universal. In this nonlocal effect, certain qualities manifest relatively simultaneously in different or proximate places. It is a parallelism that cannot be explained causally. Is it an invisible field effect linking multidimensional spaces?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join