It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidences with words im reading being spoken to me from various sources around me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

Finally!! I've been searching the net for over 2 years to see if anyone else is going through this same experience with random words been repeated on the telly or the radio or by someone walking by! I thought I was going mad! It's the strangest thing! I could be reading a paper or book and the same word I've just read would be said on the radio or telly or by someone in the room or by a stranger walking by. Yes its a coincidence at first but when it reoccurs at random times over and over again you cannot ignore it. It got to the stage where I would laugh but it doesn't explain anything Telling someone else and proving it to them doesn't give me the answers either. Maybe a month goes by and it doesn't happen but when it happens again you say wow, here we go again! You can't make it happen if you wanted. There has got to be an explanation!! Its freaky for sure! If its a gift of some kind then what does it mean? The words don't mean anything as they are just completely random. I live a very busy lifestyle and don't have time to waste but I just cannot ignore something that seems to be unexplainable. Now I'm getting frustrated looking for the answer or just wanting it to stop. I have no control over it. Do you have the answer? I would love to discuss this further.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

i also have these experiences frequently , when i think of something and then something happens related to that thought , especially the random song shuffle , also phonecalls occuring during conversations related to certain topics . at this point i dont believe in "coincidence" any more , in my opinion there could be a figurative "spider web" woven either by "brown recluse spiders" or "other arachnids" , but i can never know which kind of spiders live there , if they are like metapod or cacuna , caterpie or weedle or porygon or whatever .

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yep, happens to me too, very very often.

I would tell my wife about it -- but I was frustrated that always when it happened she would not witness it - until one time, when it happened in front of her.

I was talking to her about something, and mentioned a place. In that exact moment she zapped the TV and in the news that exact place was mentioned.

We laughed, because she remembered how often I spoke about this happening to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yeah, this has been happening to me a lot too. Total weirdness.

It can be bothersome at times and very freaky. But I'm learning to just lighten up and accept it.

It'll be interesting to see how many others chime in to this thread. This is one of the reasons why I like ATS!

edit on 15-1-2012 by Feverindafunkhousenow because: added sentence

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
when i first wrote this topic i couldn't put a name to my experience, im pretty sure its synchronicity ...as in synchronized (as in too moments occurring at the same time) lol if i had gave it that name from the beginning then the topic name wouldn't have been so long.

Originally posted by Feverindafunkhousenow

Yeah, this has been happening to me a lot too. Total weirdness.

It can be bothersome at times and very freaky. But I'm learning to just lighten up and accept it.

It'll be interesting to see how many others chime in to this thread. This is one of the reasons why I like ATS!

edit on 15-1-2012 by Feverindafunkhousenow because: added sentence

Ive started to accept it also, it still at times doesn't answer any questions as to why its happening so frequent, i am glad i am not the only one who is having these experiences because if i was alone and telling people about it, then i would probably be considered crazy, but like sHuRuLuNi said in the above post Ive had people who Ive told and have been around me witness it firsthand. I am glad you liked my topic and if you find any answers be sure to let me know what is going on, because its still happening frequently with all types of media and communication, start to write down the words you experience and see if they make sense to you, with me its just random words but i am sure their is a meaning behind them, i guess in time what might not make sense now might later.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Yeah, synchronicity would be the apporopriate term. I agree.

I am beginning to see "patterns" to it all - but I cannot (in any way) figure out why it's happening.

And it's happening a lot...lol

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
you are not alone...thanks for sharingreply to post by camouflaged

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Whoa...it's weird seeing this here, because this has been happening like crazy with me for about the past two months! A friend and I have even been talking about it.
For me, it seems to happen the most when I am typing on my computer with the tv on. It used to happen maybe once or twice every few months when the word I was typing would be said on the television at the same exact time, but lately, it's happening at least once a day, sometimes 2, 3, or 4 times. And it's not like it's always a common word...it can be a really different word and it still happens.
But synchronicities have been happening left and right for me lately, so this is all probably just part of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I am so glad I found this forum, it took a few googles till I got the right combination of words to describe what I experience!

The original post is absolutely spot on, exactly the same as me and is what I am always telling people in my life but no one ever seems to react with any great enthusiasm. The words or phrases are so widespread it is untrue!

Here's a couple of recent examples:

1. Sitting watching football/soccer highlights whilst browsing a list of names on my laptop, get to the name 'Daniel Drinkwater' an at that exact moment, the highlights show a clip of the England manager on the bench, drinking a bottle of water and the commentator says 'a drink, for the England manager'. I just can't believe it when it happens.

2. Typing the word 'chairman' in a text and the tv says chair right as I typed the 'r'.

3. Walking past building that always reminds me of an old friend, his name is Daniel, so I'm thinking 'Daniel Daniel Daniel' and a woman who is picking her son up at the school across the street shouts 'Daniel, DANIEL' it's totally baffling.

4. Driving in the car with my girlfriend and she says the word 'dad' and surprise surprise at that very second a car pulls out of a junction and in front of us, the last 3 letters of the number plate? DAD!!!

Anyway, I'm starting to write down the words and numbers it happens with since it is now a multiple daily occurrence, see if I notice any patterns!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Holy cow, this just happened to me for the first time tonight! I thought it was really strange but eventually just chalked it up as one of those oddities... I never imagined that this is happening to others too!

Tonight I was driving back to the garage and was approaching a stop light. There was one car in front of me and the license plate was VIP xxx (which is our local area code). Anyway, just as I came up on this car my eyes read the plate exactly as the announcer on the radio was talking about VIP passes to a club. Every time my eyes re-traced the plate to make sure I was reading that, the announcer was repeating the word. It was so strange feeling!

Incidentally, several years ago I went through a phase where I saw 11:11 everywhere - and I mean EVERYWHERE. I know there are others that had this too so I figured I would mention it in case there is some link. It has not been nearly as intense for over a year now - in fact, it hardly ever happens anymore - but tonight I had it happen which is interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
i hope this is the right place to post this, i cant explain what Ive been experiencing lately all i know is that it has been happening ALOT.

Throughout the day when I'm able to use the net or read the paper il also watch t.v or talk on the phone (im a typical multi-tasker) Anyway Ive noticed that if im reading something coincidentally when i read word's in front of me no matter what the source is, as im reading any random word somebody on the t.v will say that word or someone im talking to on the phone will say a word at the exact same time im reading it, without any knowledge im reading, its the randomness of this occurrence that seems to puzzle me because theirs no certain word's this seems to be happening with an example of this.

Yesterday im on an app store on my phone to look for a game to download and im scrolling the page and it feels like everything is normal and im doing this while the news is on and i come across a game with the word "Gib" in it and at that exact moment my eyes see the word "gib" theirs a news story on some guy who coincidentally has the surname "Gib" or "Gibs" their are other examples one of which happened this week also, im reading a text (with my phone you cant see a long text completely unless you scroll down) and im reading it unknown to whats written next and as my friend had wrote "take care" and as ive read it a t.v show im watching one of the characters said "take care".

This is occurring so much lately and sometimes it sends chills down my spine because it's not adding up, it felt like a coincidence the first 6-7 times but its happening so much lately ive lost count and now im feeling like theirs more to it. If anyone's had any kind of experience like ive been having please tell me your experience and also let me know if its stopped or does it continue. Im intrested in peoples interpretations and im an opened minded person so ive told myself "maybe im reading things and listening out for the word's" but its the same as my experience with the number 11, i look for it and its their.... i avoid it and its their. This is more then expecting something subliminally.

God has an interesting way of "tapping you on the shoulder"... eh?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
hello alll

im a long time fan and lurker of this site since 2003. I can confirm with yall that there really seems to be some connection between the conscious coincidence of you doing something and another internal or external force or presence or whatever you call it, it is sort of telekinetic in some way, that "thing" knew what we were doing at a certain time, or what we felt. It is unreal quite inexplicable. call me crazy its feels like that thing was really reaching out to me, even talking to me!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4fourths
hello alll

im a long time fan and lurker of this site since 2003. I can confirm with yall that there really seems to be some connection between the conscious coincidence of you doing something and another internal or external force or presence or whatever you call it, it is sort of telekinetic in some way, that "thing" knew what we were doing at a certain time, or what we felt. It is unreal quite inexplicable. call me crazy its feels like that thing was really reaching out to me, even talking to me!

Yeah, to me it was so bizarre that it indeed felt like something external. Not sure what that means, but it is the best way for me to describe it.

Maybe it is our natural inclination to feel this way when something happens that our minds want to describe as having a pattern in randomness. We have to rationalize it by saying that there must be something sentient behind it ergo we think something is trying to communicate with us.

Who knows, maybe it is just patterns naturally occurring in the chaos of rapidly increasing human novelty? I'm going out on a bit of a Ray Kurzweil limb here but one would think as a singularity is approached, certain "ripples" in the fabric of our existence would cause these synchronicities. That would assume that the concept that humans create reality through observation is valid.

Or we are interfacing with the universal consciousness (or akashic record or collective consciousness or whatever) or it is just simple little patterns in the chaos? Fun food for thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

WOW this happened to me about 30 minutes ago on ATS, I read a name and at the exact same time the full name was said on the TV. I experience this a lot and have done for as long as I can remember, I also experience loads of "coincidences" in fact it was one of these "coincidences" that made me stumble upon this thread

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freyapele

i started writing down these words lately.. heres what i got so far in the last few days they may not make sense but im sure its something

insult
beautiful
vision
Mayan
earth
point
life
turn
good
something
civilization

I am not kidding either i swear on my life these are the words sync'd as an example i was scrolling the web as i do ans watching t.v and i randomly clicked on something which brought m,e to a page which was coincidental that said "mayan" and then on the t.v someone said "mayan" in reference to 2012.. i in no way was researching anything mayan at the time when i clicked the page which lead into the Mayan page.
Im going to continue to write down my messages i receive, i haven't experienced any sync today its not an everyday thing but when it happens it can happen upto 4 or 5 times a day.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by camouflaged
i hope this is the right place to post this, i cant explain what Ive been experiencing lately all i know is that it has been happening ALOT.

Throughout the day when I'm able to use the net or read the paper il also watch t.v or talk on the phone (im a typical multi-tasker) Anyway Ive noticed that if im reading something coincidentally when i read word's in front of me no matter what the source is, as im reading any random word somebody on the t.v will say that word or someone im talking to on the phone will say a word at the exact same time im reading it, without any knowledge im reading, its the randomness of this occurrence that seems to puzzle me because theirs no certain word's this seems to be happening with an example of this.

Yesterday im on an app store on my phone to look for a game to download and im scrolling the page and it feels like everything is normal and im doing this while the news is on and i come across a game with the word "Gib" in it and at that exact moment my eyes see the word "gib" theirs a news story on some guy who coincidentally has the surname "Gib" or "Gibs" their are other examples one of which happened this week also, im reading a text (with my phone you cant see a long text completely unless you scroll down) and im reading it unknown to whats written next and as my friend had wrote "take care" and as ive read it a t.v show im watching one of the characters said "take care".

This is occurring so much lately and sometimes it sends chills down my spine because it's not adding up, it felt like a coincidence the first 6-7 times but its happening so much lately ive lost count and now im feeling like theirs more to it. If anyone's had any kind of experience like ive been having please tell me your experience and also let me know if its stopped or does it continue. Im intrested in peoples interpretations and im an opened minded person so ive told myself "maybe im reading things and listening out for the word's" but its the same as my experience with the number 11, i look for it and its their.... i avoid it and its their. This is more then expecting something subliminally.

God has an interesting way of "tapping you on the shoulder"... eh?

Do you think its god? i wish i knew what it was, it is an eerie feeling when it occurs i cant even avoid it if i tried.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4fourths
hello alll

It is an unreal experience, and i wouldn't call you crazy because then i would be and i know for a fact im not lol

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Holy cow, this just happened to me for the first time tonight! I thought it was really strange but eventually just chalked it up as one of those oddities... I never imagined that this is happening to others too!

Tonight I was driving back to the garage and was approaching a stop light. There was one car in front of me and the license plate was VIP xxx (which is our local area code). Anyway, just as I came up on this car my eyes read the plate exactly as the announcer on the radio was talking about VIP passes to a club. Every time my eyes re-traced the plate to make sure I was reading that, the announcer was repeating the word. It was so strange feeling!

Incidentally, several years ago I went through a phase where I saw 11:11 everywhere - and I mean EVERYWHERE. I know there are others that had this too so I figured I would mention it in case there is some link. It has not been nearly as intense for over a year now - in fact, it hardly ever happens anymore - but tonight I had it happen which is interesting.

I also experience the 11:11, it is weird though because lately its like its taken a break but im sure it will reappear that "VIP" sync you experienced is the exact type of thing i get all the time. Thanks for posting your experience.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theclassact

I am so glad I found this forum, it took a few googles till I got the right combination of words to describe what I experience!

The original post is absolutely spot on, exactly the same as me and is what I am always telling people in my life but no one ever seems to react with any great enthusiasm. The words or phrases are so widespread it is untrue!

Here's a couple of recent examples:

1. Sitting watching football/soccer highlights whilst browsing a list of names on my laptop, get to the name 'Daniel Drinkwater' an at that exact moment, the highlights show a clip of the England manager on the bench, drinking a bottle of water and the commentator says 'a drink, for the England manager'. I just can't believe it when it happens.

2. Typing the word 'chairman' in a text and the tv says chair right as I typed the 'r'.

3. Walking past building that always reminds me of an old friend, his name is Daniel, so I'm thinking 'Daniel Daniel Daniel' and a woman who is picking her son up at the school across the street shouts 'Daniel, DANIEL' it's totally baffling.

4. Driving in the car with my girlfriend and she says the word 'dad' and surprise surprise at that very second a car pulls out of a junction and in front of us, the last 3 letters of the number plate? DAD!!!

Anyway, I'm starting to write down the words and numbers it happens with since it is now a multiple daily occurrence, see if I notice any patterns!

how is your writing of the words going? you should post them and see if any are similar to mine, even if one or two are alike that would be eerie and could help find a deeper meaning to this phenomenon

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just goes to show how limited our language really is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join