It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidences with words im reading being spoken to me from various sources around me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i hope this is the right place to post this, i cant explain what Ive been experiencing lately all i know is that it has been happening ALOT.

Throughout the day when I'm able to use the net or read the paper il also watch t.v or talk on the phone (im a typical multi-tasker) Anyway Ive noticed that if im reading something coincidentally when i read word's in front of me no matter what the source is, as im reading any random word somebody on the t.v will say that word or someone im talking to on the phone will say a word at the exact same time im reading it, without any knowledge im reading, its the randomness of this occurrence that seems to puzzle me because theirs no certain word's this seems to be happening with an example of this.

Yesterday im on an app store on my phone to look for a game to download and im scrolling the page and it feels like everything is normal and im doing this while the news is on and i come across a game with the word "Gib" in it and at that exact moment my eyes see the word "gib" theirs a news story on some guy who coincidentally has the surname "Gib" or "Gibs" their are other examples one of which happened this week also, im reading a text (with my phone you cant see a long text completely unless you scroll down) and im reading it unknown to whats written next and as my friend had wrote "take care" and as ive read it a t.v show im watching one of the characters said "take care".

This is occurring so much lately and sometimes it sends chills down my spine because it's not adding up, it felt like a coincidence the first 6-7 times but its happening so much lately ive lost count and now im feeling like theirs more to it. If anyone's had any kind of experience like ive been having please tell me your experience and also let me know if its stopped or does it continue. Im intrested in peoples interpretations and im an opened minded person so ive told myself "maybe im reading things and listening out for the word's" but its the same as my experience with the number 11, i look for it and its their.... i avoid it and its their. This is more then expecting something subliminally.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

I hate to make this short because when it comes down to it I really can't tell you why it happens; but it happens to me all the time.

Thanks for sharing as it is always good to hear from others that share an unusual experience and because I bet we are going to find out there are lots of us.

Sometimes the experience is so pronounced that it really makes me laugh, it's just so damn weird. When I was young I learned from someone that if I wanted it to happen more to just treat it as though it were normal. It works for me.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Thanks for a positive response, im glad theirs other's

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This happens to me quite a bit, too. Sometimes I will have it happen for days on end, and then it won't happen for a while.

One day stands out the most to me, though. I was riding along in a car as a passenger one time, and the car in front of us had a license plate that read Rihannon. Wouldn't ya know, the song by the same name started playing on the radio the same time I noticed the plate.

What are the chances of that?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Thats exactly the type of things happening with me, all i keep asking myself is "what are the chances of that happening" i just wish i had the luck of whats happening around me in other areas of my life, i wish i seen a picture of a million dollars in a magazine and it fell out the sky

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I hear ya. Wouldn't that be sweet!

What I do notice about when that happens though, is that it is sort of like a reminder to notice things more closely. Like the universe is telling me I am not paying attention. It's like being hyper aware.

I'm not quite sure what it means, but it can be fun at times.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
hey mate,

I've had similar occurances too, i take it as a 'sign' that whatever im doing is on 'the right path' for me.

For example, when i enrolled into University two years ago, i did it at a time when i was in a good place so-to-speak, things were going well. During this time i would notice SO MANY of these freaky kind of co-incidences (FTR, i dont think there is such a thing as a coincidence) and i took as an indicator that whatever i was doing, i was doing right. A kind of spiritual, maybe even multi-dimensional pat on the back from perhaps my higher-self or similar.

I would recommend analysing what you are doing/thinking when these coicindences occur, consider both the bigger picture and the smaller picture of the moment, see if there's a pattern in regards to that. Otherwise you may just be following the right 'apth' for your particular circumstance/experience and you should try to continue that thinking/action/reaction/whatever.

For the record, the sorts of things i would get is recurring themes (such as bout 4 people randomly one week saying i should become a school teacher right at the time i was contemplating a career change, tho no-one knew that when they told me bout teaching - i am now studying to become high school teacher), freaky repeated number occurances (eg: always seeing 33, 11, 22, 55, etc in numbers/times/scores, or even 14:14, 11:11 of course, 06:06, 11:22, 22:44, etc on clocks) and even things like having over 300 songs on random on shuffle and the song that i really wanted to hear next would always come on next, i think there's heaps of different ways it can manifest.

You're matching words thing is kinda freaky tho! Pretty cool, maybe the matching words are forming a sentence of some sort lol??

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
What I do notice about when that happens though, is that it is sort of like a reminder to notice things more closely. Like the universe is telling me I am not paying attention. It's like being hyper aware.

I'm not quite sure what it means, but it can be fun at times.

Well said

I think your spot on there, for sure there's gotta be some times when its exactly that - a kick in the pants to open our eyes lol!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
this is very interesting indeed. synchronicity has also happened to me on more than one occasion. i believe that we should pay attention to these signs, maybe there is a lesson that has to be learned, or a message that we are meant to receive.

this can be studied further as synchro-mysticism, which is the believe that these synchronous events actually have a meaning and can be deciphered with enough research and investigation.

sources of synchronicity can come from anywhere: tv, radio, literature, other people, movies, video games, in fact many people believe that even the more subtle occurrences have a deeper meaning if we take the time to really look into it. how deep does the rabbit hole really go?

if you have not checked out soundlessdawn's youtube videos, i highly recommend them. they are about synchronicity in the media (especially in Hollywood, the use of the same actors to play the same archetypes in most of their movies, synchronous dates, events, places, symbols, etc.; and also music, comic books, virtually any media)

here is one of his vids:

edit on 15-9-2011 by Youji69 because: embedding video

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have times when synchronicity just seems to abound at each corner. During those times, it seems like my mind is just flowing in sync with the universe or something.

It is a good time to pay attention to those synchroncities. One thing that is cool to do is to let this guide you and speak to you. Stand in front of a book shelf, close your eyes, ask in your mind what is "right" for you right now? What kinds of messages would aid you right now? -Then reach out and grab any book at random, (eyes still closed) open it at random and put your finger on a page. Then open your eyes and read the phrase or paragraph you have landed upon.

This always turns out to be spookily appropriate and relevant to my present circumstances!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

i totally did this with the bible about a year ago.. asking in my mind whether i should be a religious man or not. i open a random page and began reading from where my eyes landed.

it was a part of the bible that states that god was angry at israel, so he sent an army of their enemies to attack them. and then it says that because these enemies had attacked israel, god went on to punish these enemies.

he sent them. and punished them. i took this to be the sign of a psychotic god!

needless to say i am not a religious man. i am, however spiritual. and actually i respect the bible's deeper messages, that most people do not grasp since they take the bible at face value.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Youji69 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
So glad you started this thread.

THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALL OF THE TIME!!!

I just chalked it up as me being crazy so I didn't want to mention it.
GOD it is wierd and sends chills up my spine too.
I'll tell you another thing too,
it is happening more and more with more and more complex words/phrases.

It is seriously creepy and unless you've had it happen to you then you have no idea
how creepy it is.

It is thru recognosing patterns and "co-incidences" like this that we can see that our universe is trying to communicate with us. If only we knew how to hear.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

it was a part of the bible that states that god was angry at israel,

"God" was often angry at Israel. So you didn't get lucky finding a "God pissed at Israel" passage.
That is actually one of the most interesting features of the Bible. It's a pretty candid history of God vs Israel.
Our US "revised" History is no where near as honest in comparison.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

I would recommend analysing what you are doing/thinking when these coicindences occur, consider both the bigger picture and the smaller picture of the moment, see if there's a pattern in regards to that. Otherwise you may just be following the right 'apth' for your particular circumstance/experience and you should try to continue that thinking/action/reaction/whatever.

You made me think of another "thing" that happens to me when I am having a sychronicity.

In the last year or two, when I know I am in the right place, like at a job interview, or looking for a new place to live, the light around me changes. It takes on a sort of amber glow, is the only way I can describe it. Each and every time this has happened, I have been offered a job. I picked the place I now live in because I experienced this while touring the place, too.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

It is a good time to pay attention to those synchroncities. One thing that is cool to do is to let this guide you and speak to you. Stand in front of a book shelf, close your eyes, ask in your mind what is "right" for you right now? What kinds of messages would aid you right now? -Then reach out and grab any book at random, (eyes still closed) open it at random and put your finger on a page. Then open your eyes and read the phrase or paragraph you have landed upon.

Funny you mention this, as I thought I was the only person around who does this.

Boy, do I get the odd looks when I do it at the library!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage

it was a part of the bible that states that god was angry at israel,

"God" was often angry at Israel. So you didn't get lucky finding a "God pissed at Israel" passage.
That is actually one of the most interesting features of the Bible. It's a pretty candid history of God vs Israel.
Our US "revised" History is no where near as honest in comparison.

lmao you're probably right.

still, I DUN WANNAAAA GO TO CHURCH!

edit on 15-9-2011 by Youji69 because: quote

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This happens to me frequently. I also will be thinking about someone I haven't heard from in eons. Suddenly, they just call because they were thinking about me. Even weirder, when we compare what we were thinking it was along the same lines For example we both were thinking about a bike ride we did ten years ago, or when we went to lunch at the old restaurant. Realize I hadn't spoken to either of these people for well over a year and they call just at that moment. We must all be linked in ways we don't understand. I don't think it is magic but is probably governed by some law of nature we have yet to discover or understand. /rant

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Il definitely take your advice in looking deeper into everything, look for patterns and try to analyze what im doing at the time and what "words" are occurring and maybe write them down or remember them, maybe it is something trying to give me some kind of message, im experiencing an emotional time in my life. Ive also experienced the random music and time thing. Good luck with your study, a high school teacher is a tough job but rewarding.

reply to post by Youji69

i wish i could see he clip you posted, but i got limited bandwidth which sucks but i can check it out tomorrow "synchronicity" is a word that never came to mind, kind of like a group of musicians all playing the same song from one set of lyrics, i wish i could decipher my message. im going to travel down the rabbit hole for now on, im curious and who knows how deep it goes?

I have times when synchronicity just seems to abound at each corner. During those times, it seems like my mind is just flowing in sync with the universe or something.

This always turns out to be spookily appropriate and relevant to my present circumstances!

OMG i just tried this, and i am not kidding but i walked over to the book shelf (eyes closed) and grabbed any book, and strangely and unbelievably i grabbed the bible! i opened it up randomly and put my finger on Isaiah 40 27 "o israel, how can you say the lord does not see your troubles? How can you say god refuses to hear your case?" im not religious or anything but lately through my troubles Ive questioned god and i guess i got my answer from god. I think everyone should try this... not with the bible unless you grab it unexpectedly like i did but any book from the bookshelf! thank you for the advice.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
So glad you started this thread.

THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALL OF THE TIME!!!

I just chalked it up as me being crazy so I didn't want to mention it.
GOD it is wierd and sends chills up my spine too.
I'll tell you another thing too,
it is happening more and more with more and more complex words/phrases.

It is seriously creepy and unless you've had it happen to you then you have no idea
how creepy it is.

It is thru recognosing patterns and "co-incidences" like this that we can see that our universe is trying to communicate with us. If only we knew how to hear.

At first i was thinking twice about making a thread on this topic, because people who don't understand or haven't had this happen with think were crazy or its in your head but trust me its not, if you find out how to hear what the universe is saying please help me here because the message is getting louder and louder

Originally posted by applebaum
This happens to me frequently. I also will be thinking about someone I haven't heard from in eons. Suddenly, they just call because they were thinking about me. Even weirder, when we compare what we were thinking it was along the same lines For example we both were thinking about a bike ride we did ten years ago, or when we went to lunch at the old restaurant. Realize I hadn't spoken to either of these people for well over a year and they call just at that moment. We must all be linked in ways we don't understand. I don't think it is magic but is probably governed by some law of nature we have yet to discover or understand. /rant

I never thought of it being linked, i remember it used to happen all the time how i would think of someone randomly i haven't heard form and within the day or a few days after thinking of them my phone ring's, and thinking along the same lines as friends still happens lol sometimes il think of something and a friend would bring it up and its like my minds being read.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Funny you mention this, as I thought I was the only person around who does this.

Boy, do I get the odd looks when I do it at the library!

The few books I have that were really "life changing" I found this way, in a used book store that was just stuffed with all kinds of books. Each time I fell upon one that ended up being extremely important for me!

I keep a pile of books next to my bed, that grab from eyes closed whenever I have things I am questioning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join