It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole/Landslide in Virginia USA on Thursday, 15 September, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have lived in Va most of my life, and it has been said over the years that there are thousands of underground caverns that have not be discovered.

I know of a place up in the mountains, it's on my cousins land, way away from their house. A sink hole started opening up there, started as a little hole your leg could fall into, to the size of a house.( we used to throw stuff in the hole and try to hear it land) They used to keep horses and cows, and one day a couple horses and a cow went missing. Went up to "the hole" the hole had opened up and they had fallen in. That was years ago, since they have had to build a fence around it, but the hole keeps getting bigger and swallowing the fence. It's no where near new construction or any place they would have dug a whole to fill with junk. So I am pretty sure natural sink holes can occur anywhere that have nothing to do with man made holes.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Stafford is about 50 miles from the epicenter of the quake. I'm half way in between, a wee bit closer to Stafford though.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sorry to hijack but I can't start my own thread at the mo

Did anybody see this yet?

www.bbc.co.uk...

It happened last night at Barry Park in Wales. I was last there about 4 years ago at this very park. At the time, there was a 45ft gap between the last caravan and the barrier to the cliff (the cliff edge was another 10-15ft out)

A similar event was recorded in Cornwall a few weeks ago. I think the whole of Western UK is falling into the sea

<< 1   >>

join