It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riverside, Orange County Residents Reporting Strange Lights In The Night Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hi Gang -
Didn't see this posted yet, so if it has, I was three minutes late and this can be removed.

Tonight at about 8pm reports were flying all over the phone lines of orange, green and blue ufo sightings all over the West Riverside area of California.

Viewers described shooting lights, with multi-colors, including many reports saying the object or objects “had a tail.”

Now reports are coming in from Arizona.

Most say the lights are “blue and green” CBS2 and KCAL9 received emails and phone calls from Murrieta, Perris, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Lake Forest, Corona and San Clemente. Additionally, police also report they have gotten many calls wondering what the lights are. Update: (8:30 p.m.): Some residents of Arizona have reported seeing the lights as well.

Is it the satellite that Nasa is saying will fall on earth? Would it break up into pieces upon re-entry?
Also, I am trying to find the link where a witness said it turned quickly as if it was under control.

UFO’s? Several days ago, NASA announced a dead satellite would fall to Earth by “September’s end” but so far, no official confirmation if the lights and satellite are linked.

Link here - CBS Los Angeles

Also all over Twitter - Twitter/Meteor

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

all of these people saw and there is no video? I think we should go and scan YT for some thing. Ill be back.

Edit: Cannot find one. Maybe some one else will have better luck...
edit on 14-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

I just dont know how many times it must be said: UFO's "spaceships" would not have lights on them if they were trying to remain elusive and I think they are due to the fact that not 1 single grey has ever "officialy" been seen and or introduced to a human being,ever, not ever, ever! Point is LIGHTS=not an alien spacecraft

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

Interesting I would say...some really strange things happening.Let's all see how this one develop.
If of course its not simply some weather balloons chatting,or some Chinese lanterns or some swamp gas
you know the usual......

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
NBC Los Angeles has posted the story to there page as well.
LINK HERE

People are saying they watched these objects hit the ground. Some are saying they crashed.

Anyone find a video yet?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

A UFO by definition is an unidentified flying object, well these objects are unidentified and they are flying. That's all.

I personally didn't think alien, I was going more a Satellite falling on my head route.

But if you read more and more of the reports from the news stations, it seems this movement is growing. I will reserve my final judgement for now. Need more data and someone please find a video!

I'll keep looking.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by harlot7

A UFO by definition is an unidentified flying object, well these objects are unidentified and they are flying. That's all.

I personally didn't think alien, I was going more a Satellite falling on my head route.

But if you read more and more of the reports from the news stations, it seems this movement is growing. I will reserve my final judgement for now. Need more data and someone please find a video!

I'll keep looking.

Fair enough friend however a NASA sattelite would not have multi color lights "shooting" from it and be in the sky "flying" around as reported imo.
edit on 14-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
is it that rogue satellite nasa warned about?

edit:: doh...somebody already said it
edit on 14-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: apoligies

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Arizona news link - Phoenix Arizona News

The National Weather Service is saying it cannot be the Satellite but a Meteor.
Other than our good gal El, what other NEO were we expecting to see a light show from?

KFINEWS KFI NEWS Curt Kaplan with the National Weather Service says an anomoly seen in the sky is likely a meteor. FAA says it's not a plane. 7 minutes ago

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

a meteor apparently

don't know how to embed but there is already a thread about that meteor and some black choppers following...someone please link
edit on 14-9-2011 by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Thank you - That's what I was getting ready to ask. If it would glow different colors. Big help.

Different posters are saying on all sights that it is not UARS. I don't have access to validate this comment. This is not my comment to take credit for.

Space-track, the US Air Force's site for space surveillance data, reports that UARS entered the window for potential decay starting today at 15:52:00 GMT. Actual decay time was projected to be +/- 144 hours from then, quite a wide range. I hope that wasn't it, I was hoping to track it myself before it came down, but just to put that out there, it is in the realm of possibility.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by harlot7

I'll keep looking.

Perhaps the title is a wee bit misleading. 'Strange lights"? I read fire ball myself.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Topic already exists here

closing

top topics

join