It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy wall street. Huge Uprising on Sept. 17th!! Let's support this guys!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
www.adbusters.org...

Word on the internets is that there is a huge uprising set to happen on September 17th. It’s a mobilization against the Wall Street elites, but I just heard about it through a letter Lupe Fiasco penned to show his support.

LupE.N.D Blog
Occupy Wall Street is going down on Sept. 17th in New York. People will set up tents and occupy Wall Street for months. Lupe just posted something on his site for the Occupiers:

Hey Moneyman the crowd is outside. The past, the future and the now is outside. The teachers and cooks and the drop-outs too. Word on the street is they looking for you… Hey Moneyman they saying whats the score? And how much blood have you spilled on the butcher shop floor? Those number keeping running but what they running into? The crowd is outside and they asking of you… Hey Moneyman Moneyman the mayors' on the phone. He says he wants to know if all those people went home. Those momma's and poppa's and students and cooks. Those teachers and preachers, one second I'll look… Hey Moneyman Moneyman the tents are still up, the songs are still singing and the coffee's in cups. The nights due to fall and the sun's going down but its still a whole mess of good folks hanging round... They eyes are wide and their voices are loud. Its white and black and colorless proud. The signs are big and the smiles are bright. By heaven I reckon its gone be one hell of a night! Hey Moneyman poor Moneyman you should slip out the back. Cuz the forces of greed are under attack. No bombs or bullets or rocks or guns. Just hashtag's and voices at the tops of their lungs! And Moneyman Moneyman I wont need a ride. But if you need me… You can find me outside.

edit on 14-9-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm not so sure about those links,

how about a translation? What's going down?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm a little confused about what this occupation is to accomplish

What is the purpose?

What is the "One Demand"?

If someone could fill me in, I'd really appreciate it..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.
Flag

If I could get there from here, I would like to park my decrepid old behind in a tent with the rest.
Hippies used to do that...

Most likely everyone will be accused of being a vagrant and arrested. But I wish them luck and will be watching for the results.

Maybe we need to 'sympathy tent' or 'occupy' in every town and city.
... uh oh... am I on a list now for saying that?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If it is real, they would do well with a spell and grammar check before releasing anything to the public in order to be taken more seriously.

Either way, let's see what happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hope there is some action on the peoples behalf, enough is enough, nice poem too.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Itll take a hellova lot more than just a few attaboys to make this work.
If you caant go theres plenty you CAN do!
Time to STAND UP.Everyone......
This is the begining of the call to the revolution.
if you cannot come please try to find a way to help!
Sympathetic demos would be great!The City you live in has a financial sector.
It may be small or large, but the denisons of that place are a big part of what ails our world today.
They have to be put on notice by the PEOPLE>
Not the courts which they own, or the legislature which they largely control etc.
It is PEOPLE POWER that will ultimately change the system.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

brilliant. lets get this as much attention as possible
if i was in ny id be down for the cause
show these tyrants what for

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
OK, I get it. It's a protest against "the man". Yawn.
edit on 14-9-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Finally made sense of the ghetto speak...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
OK, I get it. It's a protest against "the man". Yawn.
edit on 14-9-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Finally made sense of the ghetto speak...

would you prefer it if we dont do anything and let the banks cripple the world?

edit on 14-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

YEAH! Go the Man! no black rights! no woman vote! those damn hippies all they did was smoke dope and laugh about wheres the beef ... like they ever achieved anything with their "Damn the Man" protests ... pffft stupid pot smoking hippies.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Since September 17 is a Saturday, may I suggest you move your protests to the golf courses. Wall Streeters manipulate the market, that's child's play - but mess with their golf games..........eewww hell to pay.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As i recall, i do believe there are several organizations that are going in on this.

I forget the names of them, but there will be thousands.

At least there are people out there who want change, and since wall street is one of those things that society doesn't need to function and has effectively decimated life as we know it, good on them.

If i could go, i would. If something more comes of it, i hope so. We have several different types of people when it comes to this. We have the activists, who are the first ones there, and stream in from all around the country to be there (which is happening, btw). You have the people who want to do something, but dont know how, or dont wan't to do it alone. There are a lot of those folks, and when they see people standing up and taking action, they'll be quick to join. And then you have the people who dont give a damn. aka the people who can afford everything they need with 6 hdtv's and a mercedes.

, good luck to all those participating. I offer my moral support from canada!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

You were on a list the moment you decided to register for this site. Not to worry though, as you are one name on a list of millions of names

You're a face in a sea of faces, and if you can't voice your own opinion on here then something is already wrong.

new topics

top topics

join