It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post-September 11, NSA ‘enemies’ include us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The American people have crossed the Rubicon and nothing will ever be the same in this country as it once was.

We have no control over our government any more, it is creating it's own law to legalize itself which wouldn't be necessary if they weren't breaking the law in the first place. That should worry us all fundamentally that spying, torture, illegal wars, billion dollars loans all go on with zero accountability from anyone and now the economy is wobbling on it's last legs.

We've been getting screwed..

Check out this great article by James Bamford.

Post-September 11, NSA ‘enemies’ include us
www.politico.com...

When he looked into the NSA, he came away shocked by its potential for abuse. Without mentioning the agency’s name — almost forbidden at the time — he nonetheless offered an unsolicited but grave warning: Read more: www.politico.com...

I came across this quote about government spying from Senator Frank Church of Idaho that struck me as very prophetic. This is not a simple matter of the just the loss of our privacy - everything about who we are and what seek to be in life is now controlled in the very way he feared it would come to pass.

Frank Church:

“That capability at any time could be turned around on the American people and no American would have any privacy left, such [is] the capability to monitor everything: telephone conversations, telegrams, it doesn’t matter,” Church said. “There would be no place to hide. If this government ever became a tyrant, if a dictator ever took charge in this country, the technological capacity that the intelligence community has given the government could enable it to impose total tyranny, and there would be no way to fight back because the most careful effort to combine together in resistance to the government, no matter how privately it was done, is within the reach of the government to know. Such is the capability of this technology.

“I don’t want to see this country ever go across the bridge. I know the capacity that is there to make tyranny total in America, and we must see to it that this agency and all agencies that possess this technology operate within the law and under proper supervision so that we never cross over that abyss. That is the abyss from which there is no return.” Read more: www.politico.com...

They are also building a $2Billion complex in Idaho to store all the data they have been mining which will allow them to keep copies of everything we've ever done online or spoken on the phone.
www.deseretnews.com...

We have to face the fact that we no longer can control anything our government does. It is beginning to control everything we do with help from Wall street, Madison Avenue, and the Media. It controls what the public "consensus" is construed to mean.

Government control over our lives will only increase until the level of technological support can no longer be sustained by the National economy.
We are living on borrowed time as it is.

Love the artwork, so creepy but believable.

www.politico.com...
edit on 14-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: for spelling errors

edit on 14-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: for clarification

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

We have to face the fact that we no longer can control anything our government does.

I wonder why you think that we EVER had control over our government. At least as early as the 1812 War "our" Government wasn't very popular with a large segment of the population.

I would agree though, "our" Government is far closer today to that Government we violently left than the early Republic we so admire.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Interesting article. You can still organize yourself by snail-mail. If there is a delay in the delivery, you know it has been intercepted.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It controlled so many people to say "us" believing it stands for anything more than the U.S.
People say us like we are a legion in america,mindless and uncapable of individual state of affairs for ourselves.

Nothing irritates me more than when someone says "us" like they are speaking for everyone because they are so all knowing and righteous.

The reason im not complying with saying us,is. is=independent state of affairs formyself.

How long before their is one state that delivers food to all other 50 states and everyone is forced into compliance with that state.

Im not america bashing,just us bashing. For all ignorance out their,the U.S. is the only play people say us. Everywere else is independent. Illl probably be placed under arresst for speaking against the us minds.
edit on 25-9-2011 by gossipnancy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

liberty and INDEPENDENCE for all? or a bunch of US sayers? A contradiction cannot be the truth.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

Us= legion for they are many of one mind.

America is a better name.

top topics

join