It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You die, you see a beautiful white tunnel & dead relatives, and then....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have had an NDE....I was in labour at the time and I was not in need of any drugs...yet!!

Anyway, there was a flurry of activity with Midwives and Doctors, in and out, in and out all the time. My Auntie, who is a Nurse was with me, she was conversing medical jargon with the staff, I wasn't really taking much notice.

I remember a fair bit of commotion about a fan, not sure of how long I was waiting on one.

Now the year before, my Uncle was killed in a game that did not have the correct safety equipment. For some reason the last time I saw him, I wanted to tell him I loved him, it just popped in my head....but I never did say it, I laughed at myself and how random it was and thought there is always next time. Of course there wasn't a next time and I felt so guilty because I did not say it. Back to the story, I remember there being a bright white swirling tunnel, I felt like I was on the bed, but I don't 'think' I was on the bed? I was screaming what is this light (I know this through my Auntie) then at the foot of the bed, my Uncle who had passed was stood there (wearing the clothes he wore when he had his accident....I did not know this until later) he was smiling at me and said, I love you, don't feel bad...you wasn't to know. I started screaming that 'Our John' was there saying he loved me and my Auntie fainted...she got the fan that was meant for me! He started laughing and said it wasn't my time but 'they' were here to look after me? I asked him who 'they' were and he said My Nan, Auntie and Granddad, all had passed. I was too scared to look behind me, but he said it didn't matter, they were here to help me and that it wasn't my time as there is something important that I have to do. He said they were all proud of me?? My poor Auntie was white when she came to, I had just snapped out of whatever had happened. I remember being quizzed by my Mum and my Aunties and my Uncle's wife, but I didn't see it as a big deal...probably because labour had started!!

I believe that they were there to look out for me that day. I was so hysterical as it was happening because the day my Uncle died, he saw his Mum (my Nan) in his living room mirror. He spat his coffee out as she walked across his living room, his friend who is a chicken liver ran out of the house and vowed never to go in there again.

So there you go, that is mine....I suppose I am just a statistic to the non-believers, but there are an awful lot of 'statistics' who have a similar story. I don't think my mind was playing tricks on me, I was otherwise engaged so to speak. No Scientist can tell me that this did not happen...it did, I was there. They can give me their theory, but that is all it will be....nobody on this earth can tell you for fact that something does not happen, they can try, but when so many people talk of the same thing, their credibility, actually their reasoning bears no meaning for what all these people have actually experienced.

Sometimes the Great Unknown, should be left as it is, there will always be someone else who can disprove somebody else's theory.....does it matter to me...no, it does not. I know what happened to me, I know that I knew things that I could never had known because of it. I don't need it to be scientifically proven and I don't think anybody else who has had one does!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

I wish you all the best at this tough time. It is hard to watch a close relative pass. I had to with my Grandfather...and it still upsets me almost 8 years later. One day, we will meet again. Even if it is just for 30 seconds in my mind as my time comes. That will be a great 30 seconds

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the whole near death experiance is all biolagy, as your body shuts down it keeps your vital organs going untill the end, the last thing to go is the brain, so as you experiance death your mind still tries to make sence of what you hear, see, feel, smell ect the spiritual side of a near death experiance is down to how we interpret these sensations

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Indeed they have merit !!

I can understand the principles behind the brain interpreting its last moments, as the five senses abandon ship. But seeing oneself outside of the body, seeing everything that goes around...that's a little more than brain interpretations. For me anyhow. Our essence lives on. No doubt in my mind.

Thousands and thousands of testimonials.

Science hasn't explained death yet. And maybe never will.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I personally believe there is something after this life.....I feel it to my bones, and I really don't care if a scientist can explain it away. There is more to us humans than can be explained.

For example, and I'm pretty sure almost everyone has experienced this, have you ever "felt" someone staring at you? Have you ever thought of someone out of the blue that you hadn't thought of in many years, and then the next day you run into them? There is no scientific explanation for this, and yet it is something we all experience.

My point is that science cannot explain everything.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
the whole near death experiance is all biolagy, as your body shuts down it keeps your vital organs going untill the end, the last thing to go is the brain, so as you experiance death your mind still tries to make sence of what you hear, see, feel, smell ect the spiritual side of a near death experiance is down to how we interpret these sensations

I respect your opinion but it is important to remember that both sides offer an opinion/belief and nothing to do with this can be made as a statement of fact.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

If some People Choose to Believe there is NO Life After Physical Death , then how do they Explain how they came to be Born , and where did they exist BEFORE they were Born ? .....64,000 Dollar Question there People ..........Hmm....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well we all know that science can't explain everything and we'll never know the truth behind it all. That's the problem I have with death, I'll never know the whole picture, and I guess it wouldn't matter if I did, I'll be dead.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So, I take it that you are not a believer in anything hereafter?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
read a book by Dr. Raymond Moody, i forget the name but it was all about near death experiances. he gathered as many as he possibly could from all over the world and looked for similarities in each of them. thru this he comes up with a general description of what happens to most people during a near death experiance. now, some of these things dont happen to everyone having an NDE and they dont always happen in the same order but this is a rough outline of a near death experiance according to dr. moody's research

it usually begins with the person floating above their body, or becoming aware of their surroundings, seeing, hearing, smelling, etc, the scene immeditly around them. eventually "the walls come down, or something happens and the person is either voluntarily or involuntarily moving down a tunnel twords a light, which is getting bigger and and closer as the subject moves twords it. at this point they are either in the presance of a "being of light" "angel" "jesus" "god" etc, or basically consumed by this light, held by it, either way their life begins to play out in the presence of this very loving entity. every single thing you have every done is shown, good, bad and indifferent. most, if not all that remember this part, or have this part of an NDE report intense shame, almost disgust in the self, but the feeling of love and acceptance is unwavering from the godlike or heavenly creature. dr. moody's research suggests that any judgement that is passed, is self judgement, and regret that we didnt do as much as we could have done. after the playing out of their life, the person is lead, or shown, or the walls fall out again, etc, a "heavenly" scene. a beautiful place, often very simple, but very profound or nostalgic feeling. usually dead relatives are there to greet them, tell them everything is ok and what is going on at that moment, comforting them, catching up, etc, etc. however eventually the person is told, either by a family memeber, or the spiritual entity, that you must return, and usually it gives you something to do, even something simple like, live you life to its fullest, or learn kindness, or something along those lines. there may be farewells, but, soon enough, the subject is shoot like a cannon back down the tunnel and back into their body, usually waking up shortly after.

i have never had an NDE but i have had many OOBEs and many many other very strange experiances in my lifetime. again i would like to say that this outline is just that, an outline, not all of this happens during an NDE and it doesnt always happen in the same order. just thought this might be a nice little tid-bit, or refresher for any beginners researching the subject. i highly recommend dr raymond moodys work on near death experiances as a jumping off point, very easy to read, and very helpful

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

The hereafter is a very BROAD statement but, I do believe that I will exist in some form or another, when my physical body dies.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

True, it is a broad statement, but from the research I have done and the experiences that I have read, it seems to be a vast realm that we are headed to when we leave this one.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
intresting read, many believe its the brain dying that causes this to happen, guess we will all find out some day

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I died at age 8 and saw this spiral nebula with a bright center, several people were floating about at different distance from me, some had old fashioned clothing further back, the closest person to me introduced himself as my uncle, who I never met because he died before I was born.

He told me I had to go back and next thing I remember was a flash and waking up with severe chest pains.

I asked my mother who ******* was, and she said that was her brother's name, he died in 1967.
I told her I met him and described what he looked like. She dusted off a shoebox in her drawer full of pictures and sure enough, that was the guy I saw.

I don't need men in white coats to tell me what happens when you die, but I would like to know what happensafter all that bright light tunnel stuff.

You might like to read a couple of books.. Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton Ph.d, very interesting books and goes to explain what happens to souls once you "die"... I wont comment one way or the other but the make very interesting reading.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

A part of me wants it to be true. I want there to be an after-life.

I'd like to take a big gun and blow a big hole in Mr. Death. He deserves it for all the good people he has killed and then remorselessly thrown their corpse aside and move on to the next.

Would like to see Death experience itself. Like when Bugs Bunny would put his finger at the end of the barrel and Fudd would fire the gun and it would backfire and make a hole in Fudd.

Or even better:

edit on 17-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is a typical nonesense article premised on the axiom that conciousness is (and is only) a brain artifact, therfore any experience can be explained by brain activity.

So some prof messes with a patients brain, causing an OBE experience - the conclusion could be:

the experience was an artifact of brain malfunction.

Or that brain function disruption caused the conciousness to detach from the brain/body.

The article doesn't offer any evidence to discriminate between the two - just arrogantly assumes the first must be true.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by DaveNorris

I respect your opinion but it is important to remember that both sides offer an opinion/belief and nothing to do with this can be made as a statement of fact.

i wasnt discounting anything, peoples opinions and beleives are also down to how they interpret the things they observe around them

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

How do people know of relatives that they shouldn't have knowledge of?

That is almost impossible to know.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have started to read Journey of Souls and it is indeed a fascinating read. Even if it were not true, it gives me a sense of hope and comfort for my friends and relatives that have passed away, and some peace of mind for myself. It has also made me question myself over actions I have made in my life and is very thought provoking.

Thanks to the posters who brought this book to my attention.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I like science, I like it a lot. But science can't yet explain a whole lot of things. For example the specifics of personality. When we're born science doesn't know whether a person will prefer football to baseball; who will be an atheist, a Christian or a Buddhist; science can't explain precognitive dreams which occur to living people...there is much science doesn't know or can't predict yet science has to admit we are alive even if it can't figure everything out about being alive. If science can't predict personal experiences or consciousness of events outside the human body how can it decide the NDE question? It can't. It can't even find consciousness --where exactly it exists. It may never be able to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join