It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Introduction - Scary Prospect!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hello to all ATS members and staff. First off, on every site on which I use the nick "halffinger4", people ask me its meaning so let me get the explanation of my nick out of the way. My primary trade is master cabient maker, and so I am constantly working with machines, fast spinning blades, and sharp tools. (anyone see where this is going?) Long story short, I lost the top knuckle on all four fingers of my left hand. Ok, so now onto the borng stuff. From a very young age I have sought to obtain knowledge and experience from any source or subject that generated the slightest bit of interest within me. Taking apart tv's or stereo's as a kid and putting them back together. First computer, staying up till 3am on a schoolnight just to practice programming basic. Buy a car, learn how to fix it. Book's ,documentaries, (anyone remember the program In Search of with Leonard Nimoy? My favorite as a kid) and so on and so forth. To list them all would take too long. Suffice it to say that Conspiracies and theories are just something else to take apart, see what they're made of, and after putting them back together, see if they work. After reading so many threads and posts I am sure to have plenty of material to work with and to learn from. Looking forward to all this site and it's members have to offer, both good and bad.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Halffinger4

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Welcome to jungle that is ATS, half-fingers!

Your accident sounds pretty nasty...I hope you've recovered well from it, & it doesn't affect your craft in any way.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by halffinger4

Hi halffinger4, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Welcome halffinger4, as Mr. Haze has said, remember, majority of the craft you do with with your hands is mostly based on the great intelligence that the mind has provided you, so I hope you have had a good recovery from this accident. All in all, I really hope what you find what you are looking for on this website. ATS will definitely look forward to your contributions my friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Wow, I am amazed at how much we have in common. Except that I still have all my fingers, well, some tips are missing/replaced with scar tissue. I used to be a cabinetmaker since the '80's and went to work for myself in the early 2000's in the trade. I wasn't as good a businessman as I was a woodworker and I went back to school and earned my B.S. in electrical engineering in 2007. Now I sit at a desk all day and wish I had time for running those machines. The real world didn't have the kind of jobs available that I dreamed about when I first started studying. Well, at least I make a steady income now.

Anyway, have a great time here and I hope to see more from you.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thank you for the welcome's. The accident was a long time ago, recovery went well and with hard work and some adjustment, loss of function in my craft or any other activity is kept to a mininmum. Thanks for the concern though. I look forward to further discussions within the many threads I am sure to read.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Nice to mee you wtbengineer. I studied cabinetmaking in the early 80's , then alternated mostly between that and construction until 1996 when I started my own shop. I know what you mean about the steady income and bad businessman part. Look forward to talking to you more.
edit on 14-9-2011 by halffinger4 because: spelling correction

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Have Fun and enjoy ATS
lots of topics to take apart ..
Again Welcome to the Jungle

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Welcome To ATS. It is nice to meet you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Again, Thank you all for the warm welcome. Starting to feel like home already