It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican drug cartels killing people who denounce cartels on social networks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is pretty bad...

Bodies hanging from bridge in Mexico are warning to social media users

Social media users who denounce drug cartel activities along the Mexican border received a brutal warning this week: two mangled bodies hanging like cuts of meat from a pedestrian bridge.

A woman was hogtied and disemboweled, her intestines protruding from three deep cuts on her abdomen. Attackers left her topless, dangling by her feet and hands from a bridge in the border city of Nuevo Laredo. A bloodied man next to her was hanging by his hands, his right shoulder severed so deeply the bone was visible.

Signs left near the bodies declared the pair, both apparently in their early 20s, were killed for posting denouncements of drug cartel activities on a social network.

"This is going to happen to all of those posting funny things on the Internet," one sign said. "You better (expletive) pay attention. I'm about to get you."

The only way people in Mexico can talk about the cartels is on the internet... newpapers won't touch it or they'll get killed.

The gruesome scene sent a chilling message at a time when online posts have become some of the loudest voices reporting violence in Mexico. In some parts of the country, threats from cartels have silenced traditional media. Sometimes even local authorities fear speaking out.

The last corner of freedom in Mexico, the internet, just died.

This is pretty nuts. Give guns to the Mexican people so they can kill some of these drug cartels scumbags if they try to kidnap them or kill them during the night...
edit on 14-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The only thing that will solve that countries problems is a lock down of the entire country into marshal law for a good 6 months while the army deals with the problem.

I understand this is being done but the scale is not massive enough to make the dents necessary to over come the problem. A Swift Hanging for all those suspected and involved will do nicely to correct this problem they are having.

No jobs really exist for the youth in some places thus the only employment is the drug cartel gangs. That and its so bad they threaten your family if you do not comply. Its just a bad situation that I see no other option but Marshal Law in Mexico for at least 6 months..perhaps longer. The war is everywhere now.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
OMG, that is so horrible! What a bunch of animals!

I would really like to know what the U.S. is doing, exactly, to help the Mexican government with this violence other than arming the cartels with guns....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I for one welcome our Mexican overlords.

VIVA LA DRUG CARTELS!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

What? Why?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Umm, they're pretty much on the ground running the operations. They're doing a lot more than just supplying Guns.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Very frightening for the people of Mexico. I do not envy their position whatsoever. Maybe they really need to take things into their own hands, the way the Italian citizens took it into theirs to get rid of the Mafia. Reclaiming Sicily from the Mafia

For Rita Borsellino, a leading anti-Mafia activist, the path to civic leadership began in 1992 after her brother, Judge Paolo Borsellino, was killed in a car bombing orchestrated by the Sicilian Mafia. His murder forced Rita to take action.[5] Though Rita was nearly fifty and had been living in Mafia-dominated Palermo her entire life, her personal tragedy sparked the outrage that led to the creation of the anti-Mafia movement, LIBERA, meaning "free." Her example demonstrates that it is never too late to take up a cause to improve society.

I can't imagine being constantly afraid of a group of people who threaten to kill you and your family in a brutal and torturous way, but then again,..... what kind of a life is it when you must live in such fear? There comes a point when risking one's life to save one's life is something one must consider.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
mexican drug cartels censoring internet?

SOMEBODY TELL ANON

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
mexican drug cartels censoring internet?

SOMEBODY TELL ANON

Anon wouldn’t touch the cartels with a 10 foot pole. The people they would be messing with will actually kill them. No fun and games stuff like making sure soldiers get killed.

When the tables are turned, then anon loses all it’s gusto.... typical.........

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

i really think the cartels are out of there league with this one.

not with anon (i was kidding), but the internet in general.

pretty soon they are going to realize that the internet is one thing you cant simply pay off or threaten.

just wait until they get their first real troll....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
My guess is that they were already known to the group.

How does a criminal organization track down people via the internet.

Actually.. nevermind

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Burnerz

isnt the function of many social networks to find people?

forgive my ignorance as i do not participate in tweeter or faceborg but dont you just type the persons name and click "search"?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Thats correct to an extent however you will not find people listing their actual address.

Obviously from personal experience only and i do spend a lot of time on facebook i have never come across someone with their address listed. That isnt to say these people didnt.

But when you think about it, if these people had their suburb listed there are a number of ways they could have found these people. That being said im glad these will force people to reconsider what they say behind a keyboard. That is of course probably what the article is trying to express.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This regions inhabitant dark lucientaz shall experience the MIRRORS they projected onto. Its amazing how many in these powerfull positions will kill anothers kids families ect. and try to retreat to a location or locations to FIND HAPPINESS with their kids and family AMAZING. WHAT TYPE OF ARTIFICIAL DARKNESS IS THIS--EVOL IS EVOL AS THEY WILL FIND. How sad
Quetz / Khul Kul Khan hmmm wonder their request for this region. RIP to ALL SENT. Its just gonna hurt feelings when all CONNECTIONS/ACTIONS are GREETED/MIRRORED.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 9/15/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnerz
My guess is that they were already known to the group.

How does a criminal organization track down people via the internet.

Actually.. nevermind

... they track down the IP and the internet service provider of the guy making the comments... then go there for a little visit... bribe/threaten them to get the name of the client and his address... drop by it's house... kaboooooom.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We need to seal off the Mexican border immediately. I don't care how much taxes would need to be raised, I don't care how many troops it would take, just seal it off Obama!

I have also heard reports that the cartels are threatening the media on both sides of the border, and that several reporters and editors at Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California local newspapers such as the El Paso Times have been 'advised' by the cartels not to publish any articles that could be harmful to their activities which is part of the reason why much of what happens in Mexico and especially along the border is not reported on here in the US.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Rather live one day as a lion then a lifetime as a worm..

THESE ARE NOT INTERNET TROLLS..

They are reporting the DRUG CARTELS, ACTIVITY, Whereabouts, movements of them.
Very well could be some people IN THE DRUG CARTELS themselves that know
and are posting it online. OUT OF THE THOUSANDS of them in the cartels, there is bound to
be a few that are actually against them....
edit on 15-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I wasn't aware that ones ip could be obtained via a social networking webpage, without the resources that a government agency has that is.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnerz

I wasn't aware that ones ip could be obtained via a social networking webpage, without the resources that a government agency has that is.

If you chat with them through facebooks instant messenger or any instant messenger you could
get the IP in msdos.

Also if you have any visible pictures taken with a modern digital camera
you can pull the geotag and get the long/lat corrispondents of where the picture was taken.
Pin point accuracy.
edit on 15-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join