It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama once again puts immigrants before Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Misoir

Children of illegals born here are not illegal and hence not deportable, they are full citizens just like you.

That is one way you could interpret the 14th Amendment. Unless, of course, one actually reads the 14th Amendment. Not to mention one that also reads what the framers of it, one of whom was the author of the 13th Amendment, had to say about it when they introduced it to the legislature.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Originally posted by scapers2u
reply to post by AllUrChips

I was reffering to the latino illegal immigrants, Ive known we give aid to other countries for many many many years, I was just talking about latinos.

theres a reason whites are the minority now in the us, anchor babies.

Wow, do you really believe this rubbish spewing forth from your keyboard?
Sorry, but the latino population in the states is no where near overtaking the white population. Thats just your own xenophobia getting the best of you.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Yes I am aware of the controversy surrounding it, (not much of one) it was in acted so the children of slaves would be citizens.

How quickly do people forget we are a nation of immigrants, immigrants who came here and took the land from the rightful owners?

This nations was built on Immigrants and an anti immigrant stance is about as racist un-American hill billy as you can get.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

WE WANT the tired and weak, we want the people other countries don't, it was our strength, and it will be in the future.

Or was it we only want the white immigrants?

This is what goes on in my head every time I see an anti-brown people post on ats.

edit on 15-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

rightful owners?

racist un-American hill billy

anti-brown people

The leftist way of thinking can easily be described as this: agree with me or you are evil. No gray areas are allowed, the argument is one sided as there is only one legitimate side to any argument: the leftist side. Liberals enjoy saying that they like hearing other people’s opinion… until they hear other people have different opinions. Nazi, racist, bigot, nativist, xenophobe, redneck, reactionary, fascist, and on and on… whenever someone throws those terms out they pretty much lost all respect from me. And yes, I would respect your opinion of pro-immigration even though I would disagree with it. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about you and the millions like you.

Frankfurt School should be very proud.

WE

Who is “we”? Do you care to define who exactly you are speaking on behalf of?

You said our nation was built by immigrants yet you failed to mention where those immigrants were from. Why is that? Or do you believe that is not important? Sorry to burst your bubble with facts, we know how pesky those can be, but until 1965 we had an almost exclusive policy of only allowing in Europeans. Millions were angry that we even allowed in Southern and Eastern Europeans. But by 1965 when we ended the requirement of having someone sign on your behalf, guaranteeing to watch after you here and putting their name on the line, then allowing people to drag their families over here with them while also allowing them onto welfare programs, I think that pretty much screwed us.

And yes I do think immigration should be restricted greatly, God forbid Americans are given the first opportunity of employment, public benefits, and services.

edit on 9/15/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I was watching his speech live on CNN, and he said the NUMBER ONE priority in this country is education, yeah ok, then he said for latino english learners....then i started cursing at the monitor.

Are you freaking kidding me once again he doesnt mind and will probably let ANY illegal immigrants in the U.S. because all of them voted for him. the number one priority is education for immigrants that are illegal to the united states this pisses me off in so many ways.

Am i the only one, someone please say this is freaking bull#
edit on 14-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

To be absolutely fair so has every darn POTUS at least since Reagan. Here's a History lesson for ya:
A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants

George Bush

Bill Clinton

edit on 15-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: miscapitalized letter

edit on 15-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: add links

For George Bush look under "Take pressure off border with guest worker program"
edit on 15-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: to clarify

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

I honestly believe that he is deliberately hurting America. How can he possible believe that what he is doing/done is good for this Country?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
This is obviously a politically charged issue, but let's remember that at the core, all people deserve dignity and compassion. That is not to say that in this instance, we should necessarily be spending all of our money on illegal immigrants, but Obama was referring to legal immigrants who need to integrate with the culture so that they can function better. We yelled at him when he discussed all of us learning Spanish, but now that he is finally giving you what you want, which is for all people who come to this country to learn English instead of us pandering to their language, people are still complaining and putting down the Latino people. They deserve dignity and at the very least to be allowed to do what you are telling them to do, which is integrate with the American culture.

At the same time, we need to remember that a lot of people from a lot of different countries come to America to find a better life because their own countries are not safe for them. Whether they make it legally or illegally, we should pray for their well-being instead of insulting them and treating them as lesser beings. They are human too, and while politically we need to figure out a way to deal with immigration better and have less illegal immigrants coming into the country, we must also remember that everyone is a person and no one deserves to be told that they are worth less just because they are not born here.

I think economically we have...soon they'll be leavign in droves with the unemployment reaching critical mass I don't think we're going to be seen as "The land of opportunity" anymore.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yes I am aware of the controversy surrounding it, (not much of one) it was in acted so the children of slaves would be citizens.

How quickly do people forget we are a nation of immigrants, immigrants who came here and took the land from the rightful owners?

This nations was built on Immigrants and an anti immigrant stance is about as racist un-American hill billy as you can get.

WE WANT the tired and weak, we want the people other countries don't, it was our strength, and it will be in the future.

This is what goes on in my head every time I see an anti-brown people post on ats.

Not everyone bothers to look at the post history of who they are wrongly calling racist, or Nazi, or bigot. I understand that not everyone is accustomed to actually spending a joule of energy for the fruits of their own labor. However, you are calling the wrong person a bigot (didn't quite get that edit in there quick enough, did you?). I am pro immigration. "Welcome to America! Get your Visa and be a contributor!"

We have three types of people in America: citizens, visitors, and leeches. The first two I'm fine with. The last...not so much. And giving the leeches a free pass when the visitors have to work for it, and are willing to, is a load of crap. America is not laden with bags of cash.

When is it OK for America to take care of Americans that are starving, dying, sick, homeless? Why are you Progressives so against America and Americans? This is your home, too. But you can't be bothered to lift a finger for it. Such great humanitarians.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I think economically we have...soon they'll be leavign in droves with the unemployment reaching critical mass I don't think we're going to be seen as "The land of opportunity" anymore.

Many of them already want to leave and go back home, but your govt won't allow them.....

"I thought this is what Arizona wanted, for me to leave," Ms. Rios said. "And I have to worry about them catching me on the way out."

link
link

There are many other stories like this, that shows you who the real crooks are.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

edit on 15-9-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: my bad

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Yep, We all know the Government is a bunch of crooks, if they weren't they would not have raised the debt cieling twice, hmmm, now how much does that put every American citizen in the hole for now? Including our children and children's children?

Instead of spending, they need to learn some restraint and stop the madness...I am all for educating the masses if the money is there, right now it isn't and every American is gonna suffer for the spend, spend, spend mentality of these theives.
I agree 110%.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I live in Illinois. Save your jokes, where Obama was a Senator. He did absolutely nothing as Senator so I am not at all surprised at his ineptitude. Chicago considers itself a 'Sanctuary City' which means they won't round up illegals and send them back. Is it any surprise Obama calls Chicago home? How are illegals able to vote in the first place? If Obama does get elected a second time around it will be very hard for me to look my fellow Americans in the eye without laughing at their apathy. Whats the saying? 'People get the government they deserve., Well I personally believe I deserve better than the kind of crap is being served up these days as far as elected officials.
I have said it before and I will say it again. Its in the Declaration of Independence what we citizens need to do to get this once and still somewhat great country back on the right track. However all I see around me are apathetic sheeple!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not that I like the guy but to be fair he did not say Education in this country is number one for illegal immigrants. he said it was number one for Latino English learners. Being from Texas I have come across MANY legal citizens who are still learning English....

So it can be taken a couple different ways. Just trying to keep politics fair here.....

Yeah, I know. Not possible. But hey, SOME ONE has to try.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They are not immigrants.
They are colonists of a new era.

Europe is being colonized in much the same manner. Welcome to Eurabia. From the coining of the term in 1973 until now. What will become of the US?? Our nation is markedly different now than just 10 years ago. Go back 20 years and the difference is mind altering

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

dude i was thinking about that today they are here and europe in the millions however there is not one

westerner non muslim who has ever set foot in mecca and medina and lived to tell about it.

they kill us and them some people defend their right to do that and in the same breath demagague a certain 2 other religions which we all know.

and then they slap the labeling nazis.xenophobes,racist etc.

last page in this thread irks me.

and the last biggest reason those immigrants came here willing to conform to this society instead of the new "immigrants" and push us into theirs.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by userid1

I was watching his speech live on CNN, and he said the NUMBER ONE priority in this country is education, yeah ok, then he said for latino english learners....then i started cursing at the monitor.

Are you freaking kidding me once again he doesnt mind and will probably let ANY illegal immigrants in the U.S. because all of them voted for him. the number one priority is education for immigrants that are illegal to the united states this pisses me off in so many ways.

Am i the only one, someone please say this is freaking bull#
edit on 14-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

When did illegal aliens (or even legal resident aliens) get the right to vote in Presidential elections? How would they get past polling officials?

Let me think here,,,, Google Please,,,,
www.city-data.com...

Obama's 2008 campaign gave ACORN $800,000 to register dead people, illegal aliens, people who don't exist! Obama-backed ACORN even registered this one guy - the same person 73 times to vote.

www.alipac.us...

Obama Justice Department Decision Will Allow Non-Citizens to Register to Vote in Georgia

www.alipac.us...

When voters discover fraud by a candidate they react. For example, in a 2006 congressional race in southern California between Republican Brian Bilbray and Democrat Francine Busby, Busby told a room full of illegal aliens that they didn’t need “papers” — meaning identification — to vote. Thank goodness it was recorded and played on talk radio shows across the nation. Busby lost because she got caught saying what many other Democrats may tell illegal aliens.

Who Here Agrees With The Two Following Statements?

“While the liberal media and the liberal establishment ignore what is a huge scandal, American voters are having their rights violated. When an illegal alien or felon or other person prohibited by law to vote, their votes cancels out those of American citizens,” warns Baker.

AND

“Liberals want illegal aliens and felons to vote. They benefit from such rampant fraud.”

www.examiner.com...

ACORN set to steal elections again using aliases

ACORN--the 'Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now'--has reared its ugly head again.

This time, the organization, which has been officially dissolved, has re-emerged under different names across the country.

ACORN was implicated in voter intimidation, registering illegal aliens to vote, allowing the same person to register multiple times under various fictitious names, including the deceased, all with the goal of getting Obama elected.

This is Good.
www.democrats.com...

From the NewsMax Magazine article:

How was he able to obtain a D/Lic.

In her October 27 nationally syndicated column, conservative pundit Michelle Malkin erroneously claimed that The Columbus Dispatch reported that the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) registered illegal alien and accused terrorist Nuradin Abdi to vote in Ohio. While The Columbus Dispatch did report that Abdi was illegally registered to vote in Ohio, the paper never reported that ACORN registered Abdi. Rather, according to the Dispatch, Abdi appears to have registered to vote at the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

Or was it Really?

Nuradin Abdi, a Somali immigrant and admitted al-Qaida member who was indicted earlier this year as part of a conspiracy to blow up the Columbus Mall, was registered to vote by the left-wing group ACORN, according to the Columbus Dispatch and the Ohio News Now TV Network.

I'm Sorry, I For Got To Add Our POTUS Love For That Racist Group Called La Raza.
campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

"As I mentioned when I was at La Raza a few weeks back, I wish I had a magic wand and could make this all happen on my own," Obama told a meeting of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. "There are times where -- until Nancy Pelosi is speaker again -- I'd like to work my way around Congress."

Last month, the administration made a major, unilateral change in immigration law enforcement when it announced that the government will not initiate deportation proceedings against illegal immigrants unless they have committed serious crimes.

So Yes, illegals Vote!
edit on 15-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2011 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i love the comparison of the current illegal immigrant problem to when Europeans came here hundreds of years ago.

like its at all comparing apples to apples and has anything to do with anything NOW.

everyone at one time came from somewhere else. wow. thats so amazing. the mexicans werent always in mexico were they? they migrated there long ago too. why dont liberals blame them and call them xenophobic nazis too then? why is that so different?

immigration isnt even the enemy. it is in fact welcomed by most people. breaking the law isnt, and this forcing of others cultures on americans is. if you want to come here fine. but YOU adapt to US when you do.

and for a different spin on it. maybe you liberals should be more xenophobic. ask the native americans how well it went for them to not be so xenophobic. remember how awesome it is that WE ARE ALL immigrants (hurr hurr) right? how often liberals like to remind everyone of that? im willing to guess american indians would disagree with that statement.... but whatever, theres only one side to things so yay!

i for one like American culture. i dont want it to change. if you like mexican culture so much and want all of them bringing it here, THEN GO THERE and enjoy an abundance of it. mexican culture already exist somewhere else (same with islamic/whatever else people are constantly trying to force upon america). if you like it so much, go there and be part of it.

some of us like the american culture just the way it is (or was at least). but the liberals cry when americans want to keep our culture, but then they cry if we step foot anywhere else in the world and share our culture with them. it must be awesome having figured out how to have your cake and eat it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Geez you couldn't find any more bias resources to spread your propaganda...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by kerazeesicko

You know what, every single time someone cries, or pulls the RACIST card, that means thats their last defence, they have no idea what to say, they cant defend themselves, so they pull the race card, you were not listening to the speech...

Oh and its fine if it helps immigrants, but if my #ing tax money pays for it, no, i dont, but i do pay for illegal immigrants, and other bull# stuff the government does with my money.

It is not a last defense when it is the truth. At no time during this speech did he mention the support of illegal aliens...but apparently you all knew who and what he meant...wink wink.

It angers you because you hate being called on it...

I am surprised that you all have spent so much time with this president that you can read his body language and automatically know what he needs and wants.

Tell me does he like to be cuddled ...
because the only people that usually know what a persons thinking or doing without right saying or doing it are a partners ie..wife, husband, GF, BF etc.

edit on 15-9-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join