It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical or Mental health problems? READ THIS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I want to offer you some advice.
This is a very skeptical subject with no hard evidence.
You must make the evidence for yourself.

I am talking about Chi. Something that is often laughed about and ridiculed by people who have no experience of it. Well I DO have experience of it and whether or not you believe me is completely up to you. I am simply sharing this in the hopes that it will help someone overcome their health problems one day. With dedication and motivation chi cultivation CAN and WILL have very positive effects on your overall mental and physical health.

This requires meticulous routine and dedication to meditation and is not for everyone although everyone has the potential to do it!

I went through a very bad time in my life where I suffered with Psychosis, Insomnia and Agoraphobia. This obviously caused a lot of other problems in my life such as stress, depression and anxiety. Doctors wanted to prescribe me with all sorts of drugs but instead I got into meditation seriously. I had dibbled and dabbled in it before but never seriously.

The results were amazing. Very fast and very effective. Within 2 months of starting I had rid myself of the psychosis and agoraphobia and had developed a healthy sleeping pattern.

Now whenever I have any physical problems I meditate and it always helps. It sounds crazy but I actually heal a lot faster than I used to. I mean I literally heal faster. Cuts, sprains, breaks etc heal a lot faster than before. My immune system is a lot more effective. I am generally a lot happier in myself and my creativity has boosted a lot.

Physical or Mental health problems? Try meditating.

Just a normal healthy human being? Try meditating.

In any circumstance just at least try it!! There are many ways to go about it you just have to find the way that's right for you. I found my own way through self exploration and self developed meditation techniques that felt right and comfortable to me. I only found out later on that what I was experiencing was commonly known as 'Chi'.

Here are some sources I found in regards to Chi cultivation. I'm not sure how good they are as I found my own techniques. I will share my techniques in a thread if this thread gains enough interest.

Source Source Source

There is plenty of circumstantial/debatable evidence on the internet in regards to the power we possess in all of us but like I said.. the real proof is in yourself. It is in all of us. You just have to find it.

Western cultures have grown so far from our natural origins and practises. Its no wonder people laugh when they are told they can heal themselves and perform 'Supernatural feats' through the use of this mysterious power they have never heard of.

Its worth a go.. right?
I mean what have you got to lose?.. possibly your health problems.. for free?
Peace!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
meditation is a good practice at any time, but especially when one is feeling stressed. i just had a little session myself
i love that euphoric, light-headed feeling!

god is love. and love is truth.
truth is love

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I repeat... Western cultures have grown so far from our natural origins and practises. Its no wonder people laugh when they are told they can heal themselves and perform 'Supernatural feats' through the use of this mysterious power they have never heard of.

Just for reiterated clarity.

Originally posted by Youji69
meditation is a good practice at any time, but especially when one is feeling stressed. i just had a little session myself
i love that euphoric, light-headed feeling!

god is love. and love is truth.
truth is love

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the endless levels of ecstasy that can be achieved! There is no need for illegal drugs when you can get as high as a kite on crack with just your own mind, body and soul.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thank you so much for this. I think I was supposed to see this today.

I'm lazy. But it's time to change my ways.

A question:

Is it okay to do guided meditations? I seem to be able to focus better when I'm doing a guided meditation on my Ipod or on a tape....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

anything that helps you meditate is good. there is no particular style of meditation that is the best, or the correct way. if you can achieve what you want by sitting lotus style with an erect posture, then do that. if you feel more comfortable sitting on a chair or even laying down, with music or without, then do that.

meditation is a very personal experience

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
How long do you meditate?

How hard was it to get centered when you first started?

How long have you been meditating for?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

i didn't really start meditating until earlier this year. i usually do it for short periods of time, no longer than 30 minutes. basically i meditate on a phrase or "mantra" that has a deep significance for me, usually relating to the feelings of love and god.

i envision the universe on the outside of my body, as well as on the inside of my body, and think about how the universe above us is so similar to the universe below us, from the microcosm to the macrocosm, and how infinite everything is.

but you can meditate for much longer if you want, and you can meditate about anything you want. there is no right or wrong way to meditate, just do what feels right.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youji69
reply to post by MRuss

i didn't really start meditating until earlier this year. i usually do it for short periods of time, no longer than 30 minutes. basically i meditate on a phrase or "mantra" that has a deep significance for me, usually relating to the feelings of love and god.

i envision the universe on the outside of my body, as well as on the inside of my body, and think about how the universe above us is so similar to the universe below us, from the microcosm to the macrocosm, and how infinite everything is.

but you can meditate for much longer if you want, and you can meditate about anything you want. there is no right or wrong way to meditate, just do what feels right.

Exactly what he said!
Just go with the flow.

Personally I find laying down with my hands behind my head and my feet straight but comfortable the best position. I then follow that on with breathing exercises. I focus on feeling and pushing the energy around my body for a while and then I just let it consume me.

Its hard to explain but when you have found your own way you will know it because it feels right.

More right than anything else you'll ever feel.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have learned to meditate on my own. It does benefit me. I often wonder how I would do if I saw a yoga practitioner or other type of person to help guide my efforts. Just when I start thinking that, I say forget it because the logical part of me says it is just a waste of time. Thanks for your post. Maybe I will just go do something crazy and visit the local Yoga studio. Couldn't hurt?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

You should post a video of you using chi to hold your hand over a candle for 10 minutes sifu techunique....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

top topics

join