It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen in custody after rocket launcher found in car.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A young boy was cruising along in a vehicle when he was pulled over by police for a routine traffic stop,after which the officer noticed the rocket launcher in the back seat.The RPG is now at Travis Air Force Base.
Source

NOVATO, Calif. -- What started with a simple traffic stop Tuesday morning ended with a teen under arrest after officers spotted a rocket-propelled grenade launcher in the back seat of his SUV.The big question that remained for police, the military, and many residents in Novato was how the teenager was able to get his hands on the destructive weaponPolice said the bizarre incident began when the 15-year-old boy driving a blue Dodge Burango down Novato Boulevard was blasting loud music at around 9:40 a.m. Tuesday morning, which led officers to pull him over.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

When I read the title to this thread.....

I almost peed myself...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The 15-year-old was booked into juvenile hall on felony charges including possession of a destructive device.

Jesus! where did he get that then? at least put it in the boot of the car not in the backseat

Got only knows what he was planning to do with it...

link   
If a teen can get his hands on a rocket launcher, what could a connected terrorist get his hands on?

link   
reply to post by Daedal

teen - 'ehhhhh yeah nah cant really think of an excuse for this'

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
How can they arrest this kid for a destructive weapon when its just an empty tube? He probably bought it off ebay. There is nothing illegal about it.
edit on 14-9-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My question is what the hey was he planning on doing with thing?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Fairly happy he was arrested if he had a rocket launcher in the back of his car...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I was not armed as someone above said you can buy these at army surplus stores.

A UC Berkeley bomb squad robot was put into action. Police said the RPG was fully functional, but the grenade itself wasn't found. Police are now trying to determine where that is as well as the bigger question: how did the teen get his hands on an RPG?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

you can make a projectile launcher with the power to kill someone for about 10 bucks

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
never mind the RPG where did he get the Dodge Burango? never heard of that car, any one know?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
never mind the RPG where did he get the Dodge Burango? never heard of that car, any one know?

ALSO, Hes 15... dont you have to be 16 to drive lol.

link   
I think the article is misleading. Here's a link to another aticle...

www.marinij.com...

The AT-4 is a one time use weapon that cannot be reloaded. It sounds like this kids brother, who is in the military, just gave his little brother the used tube of an old AT-4. No real harm, since I can buy one on ebay...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ebay.com...

link   
How much MORE is there where this one came from that this kid just casually had this one in the trunk?? I just looked up what an AT-4 is (what the article says it specifically was) and WOW.... What did he have in mind with that? I'm also wondering when this went missing and why someone didn't notice... It's not like it's a backyard bottle rocket! Who is minding the store??

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Calif has some strange laws.
A old fired empty laws rocket tube can get you arrested.
Old dummy hand grenades can get you arrested.
A rifle grenade attachment(not a dummy rifle grenade) for a M1 rifle can get you arrested.
A dummy or inert mortar round(with no mortar tube to fire it from) can get you arrested.

All these are legal in many other states.
All these are for sale at gun shows in Oregon,Nevada or Arizona.

A friend of mine had a empty MK81 bomb casing hanging at his ranch that they used for a gong.
The cops heard about it and had the military come and remove it.
They claimed someone could fill it with explosives.
Like someone could not fill a high pressure welding gas tank with explosives and have the same thing.

The leftist liberals in Kalif government don't want anyone in Calif to have any what they call war materials of any kind.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
OH SHIZAH

HOW DO I GET ONE?????

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Originally posted by NISMOALTI

ALSO, Hes 15... dont you have to be 16 to drive lol.

i didnt catch that one, lol. well in some states u can get a farmers DL at 14 and a restricted DL at 15 and like you said a regular DL at 16. in some other states u got to be 18 for the regular DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just fear-mongering sensationalist mainstream news to keep you living in fear of those "lone wolf" terrorists.
By reading some of the replies to this thread it appears their plan is working.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Calif has some strange laws.
A old fired empty laws rocket tube can get you arrested.
Old dummy hand grenades can get you arrested.
A rifle grenade attachment(not a dummy rifle grenade) for a M1 rifle can get you arrested.
A dummy or inert mortar round(with no mortar tube to fire it from) can get you arrested.

All these are legal in many other states.
All these are for sale at gun shows in Oregon,Nevada or Arizona.

A friend of mine had a empty MK81 bomb casing hanging at his ranch that they used for a gong.
The cops heard about it and had the military come and remove it.
They claimed someone could fill it with explosives.
Like someone could not fill a high pressure welding gas tank with explosives and have the same thing.

The leftist liberals in Kalif government don't want anyone in Calif to have any what they call war materials of any kind.

But in California we can ALL grow and enjoy cannabis under the full support of the state. Yayee!!! Prop 215 for the win.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

You can buy RPG's with dummy rounds at gun shows.. it's probably his dad's.
I'm more concerned with why cops pulled a kid over for playing music too loud.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join