It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How to handle this bad situation :@ im furious

page: 2
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Years ago, I was working for Marriot. I was told that I had an emergency call. As I walked to the office to pick it up, my manager was talking to the rest of the staff and laughing at me as I walked by.

The call was from the emergency room at the hospital about my 17 year old daughter. It seems her and her boyfriend were engaged in oral sex, when her jaw locked open. She couldn't close her mouth.

My boss had spoken with the nurse about the nature of the call, and set out to tell the story to my coworkers, who made no secret that they knew, and how funny it was. I felt very violated and lost all respect for my boss. I later successfully sued them for something unrelated, but felt I got even.




posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Your company may have a keylogger program installed which captured your passwords. The system administrator would then have access.

1st: if you have not already, chg. your passwords on every account you have.
2nd: in the future, do NOT use your work computer for anything other than work.
That is what your cellphone is for!

With regards to your situation with your boss and mgr: Does your company have Human Resources Dept.? If so, they are the first to be contacted. Speak with the HR mgr. and initiate a formal complaint. With regards to legal recourse, the laws in the UK will be different from the laws in the States so take these responses with a grain of salt. There may have been violations both of company policy and of the law, but you will have to talk to someone that knows Labor/Employment Law.

Is there a govt. body that ensures workplace compliance? If so, they may have advisers you can email. In the US, this is covered by the Dept. of Labor and in the UK there may be something similar. If there is nothing like this, then you may wish to contact a Labor/ Employment Law attorney. Up to you how far you want to take this... Good luck.
edit on 14-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry bud, hope you are well.

Don't ever post personal information to the internet you don't want the entire world to have access to....be it that day, week month, year or lifetime. You can never go back if you know what I mean.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Disclosing Information Federal law (Stored Communications Act, 18 U.S.C. § 2701 et seq.) prohibits Facebook from disclosing the contents of an account (such as messages, Wall posts, photos, etc.) except in response to a civil subpoena or court order. There are ways that we can provide a limited amount of information to help law enforcement officials do their jobs. For more information, please see the Law Enforcement and Legal Matters section of our Help Center.

I just can't see Facebook handing out passwords like that, it seems really unlikely.
Assuming you used a work computer, and not a personal laptop, your boss probably had a keylogger installed that captured your login information.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
That cannot be right, the person i told does not work with me, or even live in the same city as me, also my GF is very very private.

I am convinced they have accessed my login details, because, i remember 3 months back my boss came up to me and said "ive seen people having been trying to talk to you on fb during work time, make sure you dont reply in work time"

How would they possibly know that? Unless they logged in and read people trying to message me via live chat.


As previously mentioned, it would be illegal for FB to hand out your login details and also illegal if your boss has somehow managed to access your FB account.

Two tips; lay off FaceBook in work and go see a lawyer.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If it were me, I'd be bragging about the fact that I got laid. That should shut your co-workers up.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Your company may have a keylogger program installed which captured your passwords. The system administrator would then have access.

1st: if you have not already, chg. your passwords on every account you have.
2nd: in the future, do NOT use your work computer for anything other than work.
That is what your cellphone is for!

With regards to your situation with your boss and mgr: Does your company have Human Resources Dept.? If so, they are the first to be contacted. Speak with the HR mgr. and initiate a formal complaint. With regards to legal recourse, the laws in the UK will be different from the laws in the States so take these responses with a grain of salt. There may have been violations both of company policy and of the law, but you will have to talk to someone that knows Labor/Employment Law.

Is there a govt. body that ensures workplace compliance? If so, they may have advisers you can email. In the US, this is covered by the Dept. of Labor and in the UK there may be something similar. If there is nothing like this, then you may wish to contact a Labor/ Employment Law attorney. Up to you how far you want to take this... Good luck.
edit on 14-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)


LadySkadi hit it right on the head. there is no privacy in the work place expressed or implied, and you probably signed something telling you so the first week there.
every phone call you make or take, every web site you visit and what you do there, your log in and password, they know all this if you've done it on their computers or phones.
every second is monitored in the workplace. there is absolutely no privacy at work on their equipment.
business has you there to do work and nothing else. best of luck to you.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Since when did a bit of thrush become a big deal?.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Since when did a bit of thrush become a big deal?.


Well it's not very nice for all your colleagues to know that you have an STI, secondly more to the point it's not nice that they know because someone has been snooping into your private life.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by Suspiria
Since when did a bit of thrush become a big deal?.


Well it's not very nice for all your colleagues to know that you have an STI, secondly more to the point it's not nice that they know because someone has been snooping into your private life.


A naturally occurring yeast infection is hardly gossip worthy. The woman who spoke a little too loud in the office probably gets it 5 times a year purely from wearing nylon tights!. Oh the shame of buying some Canasten and yogurt from ASDA! Give me a break..

Don't use the computer for FB, MSN (Simplite use to work stopping employers snooping into MSN, don't know if it still works) and beware of company keyloggers...Other than that just tell silly beggars to get knotted and grow up.



edit on 15-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria
 


I agree in part, still can't be very nice though, no one likes being a laughing stock.

On a more positive note, something else will soon come about and become the office chatter; it's the way it is.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by Suspiria
 


I agree in part, still can't be very nice though, no one likes being a laughing stock.

On a more positive note, something else will soon come about and become the office chatter; it's the way it is.


Absolutely agree...I just have a problem with the notion of Thrush being an STI and people cringing about it being so..
Even on the NHS website it states..


Thrush and STIs It is possible for thrush to spread during sexual intercourse, but it should be stressed that not all cases of thrush are caused in this way. It is therefore inaccurate to define thrush as a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

www.nhs.uk...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Absolutely agree...I just have a problem with the notion of Thrush being an STI and people cringing about it being so..
Even on the NHS website it states..


Thrush and STIs It is possible for thrush to spread during sexual intercourse, but it should be stressed that not all cases of thrush are caused in this way. It is therefore inaccurate to define thrush as a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

www.nhs.uk...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)


Fair enough, but he did say he caught it from his Girlfriend



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I get thrush when I eat very spicy foods.




Candidiasis is the common name for a condition that results in the overproduction of a form of yeast normally found in the body at low levels.

Read more: www.disabled-world.com...



edit on 15-9-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Your employer has breached your confidentiality. As LadyScadi said, begin with filing a formal grievance. If you have a personnel/policy manual look up how to follow the procedure. The sooner the better.

This is a fire-able offense in many offices. (A supervisor discloses personal information regarding an employee).

Good luck. Sorry you're having to go through this - I know it's embarrassing, but remember, YOU didn't intend for it to become public knowledge....yet it is.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The action of telling the rest of the office is also in contradiction of the Data Protection Act.
I don't believe the information was gained legally in the first place, but the fact your manager shared the information without your consent is defenatly illegal and you should take it further.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join