It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visible Only From Above, Mystifying 'Nazca Lines' Discovered in Mideast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

that hardly is comparable to the nazca lines. I almost feel im looking at cancer cells.. Or freckles on skin..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

yep they are very natural arent they..also like ringworm and things like that

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I'm not sure about those 100,000 old dates for some of them, though. People haven't been around that long.

Yes, they have been around that long! geology.com...

January 27, 2011 | CNN

Researchers discovered small hand axes in the United Arab Emirates that are about 100,000 years old. These axes confirm that modern humans left Africa much earlier than previously believed

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Congratulations, you just found the foundation to someone's house that lived 2000 years ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here's an interesting take on this. They may very well be natural. They look like the patterns formed in sand by sound. It's called cymatics.

You get the idea. Basically, sound creates patterns in sand (I guess it could be any material really, if the sound and vibration was strong enough). So, say an earthquake happened somewhere deep deep below the surface causing some sort of harmonic resonance with the crust and surface. This may happen. I don't see why not.

If these are standing stones, that's a whole different story. If they're just lines in the sand, I present this as a plausible explanation.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
definitely not nazca lines, looks like old settlements of places to keep animals to me.

Either way it is amazing to me that after all these years they are not buried deep in the sand. I can only imagine what still is.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Excellent input.

reply to post by JBA2848

I would say its for animals. Its nothing more than a stone fence. I don't think people have noticed there four foot tall walls.

The image you linked to is from the supposed "Adam's Calender", in Africa, which has no bearing on these (Adam's Calender itself is a highly dubious claim). From the article there are no actual walls, only the indications left in the surface of where walls once stood, or in a few cases, minimal walls that don't bely their function. That's what makes these so mysterious, images like this one linked to below states there is a ring of cairns along the outside perimeter of the ring.

reply to post by MrsBlonde

Am I the only one who thinks if it is for animals where the hell are the entrances !?

I know a thing or two about animals corrals and I know that there has to be a way in and a way
out?

these aren't animal corrals it even says in the article they have no apparent purpose

It's only speculation by people in this thread (myself included) that these may have been corrals, but nothing found indicates what they were. In some of the photos they look like corrals or kralls, similar to those in Africa, but in some (like the photo linked above) the purpose looks completely unknown. Also, from the photos alone, it's impossible to say what sort of openings were present, I can discern a number of gaps in the ring or between various spokes, but that's hardly conclusive. It may be these served more than one purpose, somewhere between utilitarian (corrals) and religious or for burials on the other, or even as the article suggests, as geoglyphs.

It's a poorly titled article, comparing these to the Nazca lines isn't justified based on what they've discovered.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'd agree with Blackmarketeer

They are probably a mix of structures the one in the images look to be foundations for habitations - but lacking a size scale that may be incorrect. On a hard stony desert one way to allow tents to be set up is to set ribs into a stone ring. Especially if your rope and fabric making technology is weak.

As with some many other sites - a more detailed study is needed, rock rings survive very well in the desert but often don't give up there secret easily.
edit on 15/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
well the beauty of the internet is so many eyes seeing the same thing sooner or later someone is going to get an "i've seen this somewhere moment" here's mine

i can't embed a picture to save my life but here's a link ,i think these things resemble a Kiva

looks like a KIva

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Gotta be ALIENS!

Amiright?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan

Gotta be ALIENS!

Amiright?

Kivas are the worship centers of the American Southwest indigenous people ,so yeah
IT WAS DA ALIENS!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

okay you got me ..I was there when these things were built , so you have to believe whatever I say, they're corrals for humans built by ALIENS!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

why does it have to be aliens or humans
why cant it be a natural process or something caused by animals.

some of them have logical shapes for something such as a corral but many of them look random to me

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

why does it have to be aliens or humans
why cant it be a natural process or something caused by animals.

some of them have logical shapes for something such as a corral but many of them look random to me

I'm not the one saying it's Aliens ,Galacticuan and Shadow Herder are teasing me saying I said it's aliens. I do think some things are from aliens but not these.
so if I have to guess..and I do I'm going with the cymatics theory but with a twist ,I think some ancient people found some deposits that had this cymatics pattern and thought umm this looks important lets pile some rocks along these patterns . Maybe? I would really like to know more about this because they do have similarities with the ones in Africa.
i spent a lot of time poking around a Place called Montezuma's Well and other Indian ruins around it in Arizona ,they remind me of those.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
Are they certain on the age? These do look like they are for animals but they also look like they are ancient. I suspect are civilization goes back further than we known. Cool find.

Archeologists and anthropologists believe that humans have been involved in animal domestication for almost 11,000 years. I'd say these sites don't look older than that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1bf25f880fa.jpg[/atsimg]
Photo - "The giant stone structures form wheel shapes with spokes often radiating inside. Here a cluster of wheels in the Azraq Oasis."

these are some kind of ceremonial or shamanistic gathering places, note please for the love of god ,that the stone demarcations have no entrances!! animal corrals need these things! that there are stone "dots" in some of the areas. Just FYI when building animal enclosures one does not place random piles of stones in those areas . ??? Come on folks work with me here. the Mongolian nomads have had camels and horses for 7,000 years and they don't build
stone corrals with no entrances,go figure :@@
:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

First of all, a few of them appear to have visible openings. Secondly, the openings would probably not be very wide -- if the "doors" were made of wood, they would probably be relatively small so as animals wouldn't break through them. Therefore, there is a good chance that many of the openings would be too small to be very visible at this altitude (although, like I said, a few of the walls appear to have visible openings).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

First of all, a few of them appear to have visible openings.

to be animal handling systems they would all have to have openings! Secondly, the openings would probably not be very wide -- if the "doors" were made of wood, they would probably be relatively small so as animals wouldn't break through them.
narrow doors are not what you want if you are domesticating horses or any other livestock for that matter.That will only get you or your animal killed (old horse trainer talking)

Therefore, there is a good chance that many of the openings would be too small to be very visible at this altitude (although, like I said, a few of the walls appear to have visible openings).

okay balls in your court, Ive offered clear reasons why this set up has no practical value whatsover as an animal handling system and an example of a culture that has handled horses and camels and sheep for mulitple thousands of years WITHOUT corrals which is the best way. Now you give me some reason why this setup is advantageous over what i have offered

top topics

<< 1   >>

join