It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurozone crisis could rip EU apart: officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Eurozone crisis could rip EU apart: officials

www.france24.com

The eurozone crisis could wreck the European Union, top EU officials warned on Wednesday as the leaders of Germany and France held talks with Greece to avoid a default and widespread chaos.

The pressure rose on all fronts with United States again expressing great concern, with Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner saying European states "now recognise they are going to have to do more" to resolve to the crisis.

Highlighting the threat to the global economy, Geithner is to exceptionally attend talks between European Union finance ministers and central bankers in Poland on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

"Europe is in danger," Polish Finance Minister Jacek Rostowski, whose country currently chairs EU meetings, told the European Parliament in Strasbourg.

"If the eurozone breaks up, the European Union will not be able to survive," he added.

At his most dramatic, Rostowski even warned that "war" could return to Europe if the crisis fatally weakens the EU, founded amid the rubble of World War II.

His underlying message was backed up by European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso, who described the crisis as "the most serious challenge of a generation."

Barroso stressed: "This is a fight... for the economic and political future of Europe."

EU economic affairs commissioner Olli Rehn warned that "a default or exit of Greece from the eurozone would carry dramatic social, economic and political costs.

"Not only for Greece, but also for euro area member states, other EU states, as well as global partners."

He said what Europe needed was a moment of clarity leading towards a federal future, "and that moment must start today."

Think its overblown? Even if the Eurozone is breaking apart its not like Europe will be destroyed or they are going to war against each other. And I still think the European countries can still stick together united. This should be a good test to see how they resolve this situation.

www.france24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have been saying for a while that Greece will be the first domino to kick start the mayhem. I hate saying it but this coming crash is inevitable and it looks as if its going to be on a MASSIVE scale.

God help us.
(Or aliens/demons or w.e
)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I guess the half a Trillion that the foreign central banks received didn't make a difference.

But the feds don't know what banks got them?

Yepper's your tax dollars, and they say it's not costing us?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have been posting the warnings for a little while. Seems they are proving true.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on 7-8-2011 @ 06:45 PM
Heres what I hope there discussing.
Bank bailouts and failures.The EU is crashing.
France Societe Generale -commonly known as SocGen thats thier second largest bank.
SocGen owns 88 per cent of the Greek bank Geniki.
Italy, UniCredit Banca thats thier largest bank.

posted on 10-8-2011 @ 10:42 PM
I would say the EU could possibly go to war with each other if the bail outs and failures don't stop. Just think about any society right now. The rich seem to be getting richer and the poor seem to be getting poorer. The poor are begining to fight back and start riots. Now look at the EU in that picture France keeps doing good while other EU countries are failing and being bought out with bail outs from the EU. Now France and Germany are ready to say no more bail outs we might get hurt and the other EU countries needing bail outs might feel like the poor man being taken advantage of. Except when they riot it will be wars between countries.

posted on 10-8-2011 @ 07:05 PM
France Societe Generale -commonly known as SocGen thats thier second largest bank.
SocGen owns 88 per cent of the Greek bank Geniki.

The Greek bank has already been bailed out by ECB.
www.businessinsider.com...
Here Are The Details Of The Greek Bailout That Are Causing World Markets To Surge

www.zerohedge.com...
France and Germany: One more bailout away from fiscal crisis.

France and Germany decided to bailout Italy and Spain for 2.3 trillion through ECB.
uk.finance.yahoo.com...

Germany began to crash and backed out. I think France is still trying to do it.

On this chart CAC40 is France. DAX is Germany.
finance.yahoo.com...

Every body else was blaming the US debt ceiling for the markets. They just didn't notice the fog of war across the pond. WWIII could be NATO and the EU fighting itself.
edit on 14-9-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

"If the eurozone breaks up, the European Union will not be able to survive," he added.

At his most dramatic, Rostowski even warned that "war" could return to Europe if the crisis fatally weakens the EU, founded amid the rubble of World War II."

He appears to be a bit worried about his paycheck.

edit on 14-9-2011 by aaa2500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I sincerely hope the EU does break up. It will not mean that a war will break out though.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

soz this is fear mongering.. war is not going to break out in europe....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A breakup of the EU is probably the 1 thing that would most likely lead to war in Europe some time in, say, the next 20 years.

as it is the states are tied together, being closer and clsoer bound by ease of travel, business, and, until recently, prosperity.

What has happened is that these dodgy states like Greece have tried to cheat - they wanted the prosperity without having to so the solid work of earning it - so they made up stories about their spending, bought off the populace with fake jobs and pensions....getting into debt more and more to do so and deliberately keeping a blind eye to the necessity to pay for it all.

It's tough when your deception catches up with you and you actually ahve to pay your debts - as the Greeks are finding out!

Let it be a lesson to people every where - do NOT let your politicians spend money you do not have....because sooner or later you hav to pay for it!

USA.......take note!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
As much as I would like the EU to break apart, it probably wont. However, I think there is a distinct possibility of the Euro becoming a dinosaur and EU nations reverting back to National currencies again.

I shant say 'Never say Never' but a war amongst the current EU nations IF the EU broke up is very unlikely. If it did, remember that two of the EU nations have nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

2 do - but plenty do not - how about a conflict in Belgium if it splits appart? Or between 2 Balkan states? or involving Hungary and Romania over Transylvania, or something involving Transnistria that drags in other states, or Russian Nationalists trying it on in the Baltic states??

there are plenty of simmering tensions there that could trigger conflict that could drag in EU members.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Their solution to the problem apparently is "more federalism" , yeah right...We don't want it ask any Joe in any country.We don't have the same goals as nations except perhaps the banksters (getting richer).
The biggest mistake they're gonna do is bring us on a plate federalism soon enough without asking us (referundum) and some time after that tragic mistake, when the sheeples will wake up, it's gonna be ugly in the streets.
That's what is about to happen. Greece is a corrupted country i certainly don't want my money to go in their pocket.

And while they're at it they should rethink their master plan regarding global economy 'cause people swallowing the pill of relocations ain't gonna last forever i'm telling you.It's over-time since 15 years at least.

In any case i know what i'm gonna vote in the next presidential elections (and local elections, that's what count): Far right, yes i will.
Diplomacy time is over, i shoot in the bunch. The problem comes from the guy we elect and the banksters indeed, we have no control over banksters so i put all my money on this strategy, you all should do the same.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I have been saying for a while that Greece will be the first domino to kick start the mayhem. I hate saying it but this coming crash is inevitable and it looks as if its going to be on a MASSIVE scale.

God help us.
(Or aliens/demons or w.e
)

No offence, but you should put down the crack pipe or whatever you are taking.

There is not going to be mayhem or any major crash that will destroy the Euro or the EU it self.

This whole crisis has been manufactured from the start, from decades ago.
Do you honestly think Greek politicians and other European politicians did not know that Greece would not be able to pay back it's massive debts before they took on those debts?
Do you honestly think the lending was done carelessly without a second thought?
It's all been pre-planned.

And I'll tell you why.
Because the people of Europe, and especially in Greece, will never accept a single European super state, with one federal government, one flag, one anthem, one constitution, etc. Never.
In Greece alone there will be a massive uprising the likes of which the world has never seen before.
Therefore the only way to achieve a single European super state, is to manufacture a major crisis which weakens peoples resolve, and forces their acceptance of what ever "solution" they are given.
There will still be people who will resist, but they will not be the majority. They will be easily controlled.
Their actions will even be used to further the single European state agenda.

What do people actually think was the purpose of the EU and Euro? To create a lasting peace?
The whole purpose of it all was to bring all of Europe under one flag.

The Yugoslav wars tie into this as well. Yugoslavia as one entity was too strong to be brought under control. They didn't even align them selves with the Soviets, not really anyway.
But a Yugoslavia that has been broken up into several pieces based on ethnic divisions, is much easier to control and subdue. Bosnians, Croats, Albanians, they all love the EU, NATO, America..they'll bend over backwards to please them. In Albania they have giant posters of Bush on sides of buildings FFS!!

Divide and conquer.

The media is used though to distract people from what's really going on.

Do you see Greek politicians panicking? Do they seem worried to you? Because they don't look like that to me.
How are they able to stay so calm and collected in such difficult times?
Because they know the 'master plan'. They know what's going on. They know it's all a staged and manufactured crisis that THEY took part in creating, and they also know what the outcome will be.
It wont be a major crash, it wont be the end of the EURO currency or the EU.
But it will be the creation of a European super state governed by Brussels under one flag.

People need to wake up.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
newsok.com...

Finnish lawmaker suspended over Greece remarks

Associated Press 0
Published: September 15, 2011

HELSINKI (AP) — A Finnish opposition lawmaker has been suspended from his party's parliamentary group for suggesting that the Greek financial crisis should be solved with tanks.

Jussi Halla-aho from the Finns party — formerly known as the True Finns — was suspended for two weeks because of the inflammatory remarks he posted on Facebook.

In those comments, Halla-aho said a military junta was needed in Greece "to rein in the strikers and demonstrators ... with tanks."

The Finns parliamentary group leader Pirkko Ruohonen-Lerner said Halla-aho had accepted the punishment and pledged to change his ways.

Halla-aho, known for his controversial political blogs, was once charged but acquitted with incitement against an ethnic group for online comments about the Prophet Muhammad.

I would say things are heating up across the EU. The writtings on the wall MSM is just not showing it to you or they are in doubt that it could ever happen.

top topics

join