It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My really rough Pink Floyd cover!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Been learning how to play and sing this song for about a week now. My singing is terrible and my singing whilst playing is even worse but I loved this song so much I had to try and do a cover.

This song is by Pink Floyd and it is called 'Time'.

I welcome any constructive criticism and if you wish to hear the proper version (With band possibly) when it is finished then let me know here and I will private message you once its done.

Don't expect anything special it really is horrible! If I only inspire someone to check out Pink Floyd for the first time I will be happy.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Its not too bad. Better than I can do

Pink Floyd has some of the best music of all time in my opinion. Its good to see others enjoying it too.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3

Its not too bad. Better than I can do

Pink Floyd has some of the best music of all time in my opinion. Its good to see others enjoying it too.

I honestly don't know where I would be without Pink Floyd!

Pink Floyd has some of the best music of all time

Couldn't have put it better myself!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Nice - I liked it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Good effort, you shouldn't rag on yourself - your singing matches up well with your playing.
Some hints (I've played this song in cover bands before on bass):
Learn the chords to the end of the verse, they're a bit odd as I remember. (the "every year is getting shorter part")
Your voice would sound better if you sat up straight and concentrated on projecting your voice.
When you lay back on the couch it compresses your diaphragm making it harder to breathe.

If you're not comfortable singing because some it's too high just tune your guitar down 1/2 or maybe even a whole step. That's a trick many bands use to bring songs with high range vocals down a bit.

Keep working on it, if your guitar player can pull off the lead then the skies the limit.
There's always folks here that want to hear people's efforts at songs,
by all means post it again if you'd like.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Good effort, you shouldn't rag on yourself - your singing matches up well with your playing.
Some hints (I've played this song in cover bands before on bass):
Learn the chords to the end of the verse, they're a bit odd as I remember. (the "every year is getting shorter part")
Your voice would sound better if you sat up straight and concentrated on projecting your voice.
When you lay back on the couch it compresses your diaphragm making it harder to breathe.

If you're not comfortable singing because some it's too high just tune your guitar down 1/2 or maybe even a whole step. That's a trick many bands use to bring songs with high range vocals down a bit.

Keep working on it, if your guitar player can pull off the lead then the skies the limit.
There's always folks here that want to hear people's efforts at songs,
by all means post it again if you'd like.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

Thanks a lot for the feedback mate!
Well appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join