It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Because its a total crock of lies. And i think its wrong that pseudoscience is passed off as FACT.

evolution exposed

And not once has it been observed, yet you say people who believe in a creator are some how irrational.
edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Archaeopteryx lived in the Late Jurassic Period around 150 million years ago, in what is now southern Germany during a time when Europe was an archipelago of islands in a shallow warm tropical sea, much closer to the equator than it is now. Similar in shape to a European Magpie, with the largest individuals possibly attaining the size of a raven,[2] Archaeopteryx could grow to about 0.5 metres (1.6 ft) in length. Despite its small size, broad wings, and inferred ability to fly or glide, Archaeopteryx has more in common with other small Mesozoic dinosaurs than it does with modern birds. In particular, it shares the following features with the deinonychosaurs (dromaeosaurs and troodontids): jaws with sharp teeth, three fingers with claws, a long bony tail, hyperextensible second toes ("killing claw"), feathers (which also suggest homeothermy), and various skeletal features.[3][4]

The features above make Archaeopteryx a clear candidate for a transitional fossil between dinosaurs and birds.[5][6] Thus, Archaeopteryx plays an important role not only in the study of the origin of birds but in the study of dinosaurs

I still think its funny you say it's "speculative"..what can be MORE evidence - i mean it's right there in front of your eyes.

link   
Seeing how this thread has gone and not to waste my time I will just give the thread starter this link:

www.talkorigins.org...

It has ALL the information you will ever need to know about the evolution/creationism debate.

If you really want to find the answers you seek you can use their usenet forum to ask real biologist and get real informed answers. Plus they will welcome you with open arms if you don't troll.

groups.google.com...

link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Chrysalis

Awesome, luckily the pope isn't apart of my faith.

If the pope isn't apart of (sic) your faith, that means he is a part of your faith!

It may seem like a small detail, but it is important.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

one of the biggest proofs of evolution is not well known and im having trouble finding it on the net as i heard about it on an anatomy documentary.
there are animals such as whales
that still have pre evolution features.
example: whales still have a breathing passage that goes to where the gills would have been and then back up to the mouth. it would be a pointless feature as it makes the passage much longer when it doesnt have to be.

if people have info on this stuff please tell me

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It's irrationnal because you just said you can't believe in something if you haven't seen it with your own eyes.
See the irony there ?
edit on 14-9-2011 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Because its a total crock of lies. And i think its wrong that pseudoscience is passed off as FACT.

evolution exposed

And not once has it been observed, yet you say people who believe in a creator are some how irrational.

well i wouldn't say that. there is plenty of supporting evidence for evolution in the form of fossils and dna mapping/sequencing, but you are right in that we can't actively observe evolution. we as humans simply do not live long enough to actively observe the minute adaptations that animals go through over the span of thousands or millions of years.

but don't let this fluster you, again evolution is still a theory. some people will choose to believe it, while others will choose not to.

link   
reply to post by RCTD58

He refuses to read Talk Origins. I have provided him with their pages on observed instances of speciation numerous times and yet we still have this page. I also believe he's the one that tried to use Humphreys helium zircon argument against evolution and when I linked him to an essay on Talk Origins about why Humphreys was completely wrong he stated that he wouldn't read it because it was on Talk Origins.

link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09ebf080c6c5.jpg[/atsimg]

>This thread.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 14-9-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

link   

evolution exposed

Sigh. you didn't even have time to read the links I supplied let alone digest the information.
Oh dear.

Not necessarily totally irrational, but indeed misguided by their fellow snake oil salesmen regarding a creator..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Can you give a single example of a genetic mutation that results in an INCREASE in information to the genetic evolutionary process?

Didn't think so, check mate this thread can be closed.

Evil-lution has just been disproved.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A virus : it comes in, breaks into a cell, changes its genetic code and becomes part of a new whole, that is a virus no more.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well I've already reported him to the mods since he isn't here on ATS for discussing and denying ignorance but to preach, troll, and cause disruption within the ATS community. No one can force him to look over the evidence or accept it but we can certainly put a stop to his threads and posts that do nothing for this board and community.
edit on 14-9-2011 by RCTD58 because: brain fart

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Can you give a single example of a genetic mutation that results in an INCREASE in information to the genetic evolutionary process?

Check mate.

humans
full stop

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Incorrect not even your hero doc richard dickins could provide an answer to that question.

Just watch this video to see how stumped he is.

link   
reply to post by RCTD58

I second that, before he pulls the micro evolution card on me for a second time.

/facepalm

link   

Not really. Some of the most basic forms of mutation have names like Amplification (also known as Duplication) and Insertion. In both of these cases new nucleotides are added to an individual's DNA.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

i dont get what your asking because any mutation is an increase, unless it takes something away which is probably a deformity

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There is a constant pursuit to prove abiogenesis. Lee Cronin may be on his way into introducing some new evidence.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join