It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

It seems you ruffled some feathers around here earlier in the week before ever making this thread.....maybe thumped a bible here or there?

I don't think this is helping your case any....How else could a reasonable question become so many pages of rubbish?

It's a very reasonable question, however not unique....this is THE question is it not?

Evolution is a theory, and a reasonable theory to boot....The problem is, Evolution is being pawned off as a set in stone FACT....

For anyone going to a public school (anywhere around the planet) from 1990 onwards was taught evolution as FACT backed up by irrefutable evidence when this is just not the case.....

I'd be welling to bet that most of the 'evolutionists' here would fall into this category....

The saddest thing is, we will never see another Newton, Einstein, Tesla or Darwin..

Today, as seen throughout this thread, questioning science and critical thought are discouraged through ridicule, when it was questioning science and critical thought which led us to these theories over 100 years ago...

How can we learn if we do NOT ask these questions.....Why are you smarter if you DON'T?

Its a sad reality....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
my personal favorite case for intelligent design is the honey bee.

they do this particular feat with a brain the size of grain of sand.
an interesting thought is, if they are a hive mind, which is what is said about all social insects, (and the excuse given for why they are so dang smart if all they have is a brain the size of a grain of sand)
why then do they have to explain anything, why don't the other bees already know the location of the flowers, because they saw the bee collect the pollen with their shared hive brain? this suggests that they are still independent from each other, mentally, and must explain things to each other.

also, and this one kinda perplexes me, why does the bee have to share bits of the nectar with the other bees, to let the other bees know its quality, do they have pollen on order, like a pollen restaurant ... like this part of the bee hive wants high grade super sweet pollen, this one wants lower grade strong flavored pollen? it's odd.

anyway, the gathering of pollen is only one job the honey bee does in its life span.
it starts off doing a completely different job, then changes from that after a few days, to another job, then finally to collecting pollen.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

years of reading natural history books mate. you might want to look at one or two.. there kinda square and flat with these floppy things inside called pages. but leave your crayons in the draw cos you might be tempted to do a picture for your mammy in one and there quite expensive.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think the OP is one of those Banana people, who argues that the Banana is proof of god cause it fits into your hand perfectly.

Macro Evolution: the large-scale pattern of change over time that has resulted from the operation of micro evolutionary mechanisms.
Here are a few examples of Human Evolution.

Plica semilunaris: your third eyelid, or maybe not, this organ in our bodies is just one of the many parts that we don’t need.

Wisdom Teeth: 35% of the worlds population is being born without their Wisdom teeth, richer foods(vitamins/Minerals).

Arrector Pili: The arrector pili are extremely small muscle fibers that are attached to each hair follicle on your body. It is known to make the hairs stand, which causes goose bumps.

Coccyx: The coccyx, more commonly known as the tailbone, is the last part of the human vertebrae. It consists of five separate or fused vertebrae and is the remnant of the vestigial tail.

Tonsils: Tonsils are lymphoid tissues that are prone to becoming infected and swelling.

Sinuses: Air pockets in your head, no known purpose, only speculation as to their purpose.

Adenoids: Adenoids are masses of lymphoid tissue that are located at the very back of the nose. These tissues are part of the immune system and trap bacteria that can cause viruses. However, they only provide a strong defense against bacteria that is inhaled. As you grow, your adenoids shrink, which makes them useless. They are only helpful when you are a child.

Male nipples.....

Vomeronasal Organ: A tiny pit on each side of the septum is lined with nonfunctioning chemoreceptors. They may be all that remains of a once extensive pheromone-detecting ability.

Extrinsic Ear Muscles
This trio of muscles most likely made it possible for prehominids to move their ears independently of their heads, as rabbits and dogs do. We still have them, which is why most people can learn to wiggle their ears

There's plenty more:

Useless Body Parts

If we were made by god who is supposed to be perfect, why do we keep dropping stuff on the way up the evolutionary ladder?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

MRSA

Second line.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

But not all species of bees do this, have you heard of solitary bees ?

Some bees evolved to be social where it benefited them while others didn't.

Evolution is mutation, a mutation that has benefits will stay.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Engafan

Thats all good but what about cross species evolution, tell me about all the mutations between different species.
Please tell me cos i am curious, and im not being my usual sarcastic self. its something iam interested in.
cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I went to the Zoo AGAIN *sigh* with the kids the other day. I have to say..... I called out for a Monkey to come see me and he is still as dumb as he was when I first met him years ago. I have no idea why he is ....maybe he is just still scratching his back on the tree and climbing around on the limbs because he likes it and refuses to "grow" up into an evolving smart "man".

I have always had trouble believing in it when I was in school....just seems really silly to teach us such BS. I mean...really?

There is no proof.

The Giants...we have proof of their skeletal remains. The Nemesis if you will.
Well.....where are they now? Oh yeah....they were gone once a "flood" came in to take them ALL away.

Nothing adds up looking out of my eyes....it really doesn't.

I am sitting in Bible class(the two years I was in a private school...church of christ...ugh) and I can honestly say my Bible teacher will remember my name as long as he lives
Anyways...I am sitting there asking all kinds of questions and wanting him to answer them so we can move right along...BUT...he can't. He always got frustrated with me and sent me out of the class packing.

Because I was never given answers from him, I would ask the same questions anytime I went to church. Never was satisfied with the answers..so....I went seeking for myself.

Turns out.....these people "teaching" are just like the teachers of evolution....MOST (not all) of these teachers have no clue what they are teaching. They are as goofy as that Monkey I always see when I go to the Zoo.

Look outside the box of this Plant and look into the stars. We have Astrology.....they seem to have all the answers too.

It is all theories without facts.

Only an individual can make the theories become facts within our own understanding and or perception. It is up to the one and only person to decide. At the end of the day all we have is what we personally believe out of hundreds of theories about where we came from and where we are going.
edit on 15-9-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

exactly.
It seems there are these competing ideas, creation, evolution, intelligent design. I just happen to belive they are all wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by boony
As hard to believe as evolution is, its only made impossible by the fact that a male and female evolve at the same time, and that their respective sperm and egg are in synch.
Only those with a faith far outstripping that of a creationist, could accept that happened.

You make it sound like male and female are two seperate species.

Here's a lesson for you. The one and only real difference biologically between a man and woman is a womb. Everything else we have is equal yet opposite but the same and that only happens due to chemical input at the time of gestation. What would be testes become Ovaries instead and so on. we are genderless at the start of gestation and chemical input makes us into male and female but everything we have starts off the same ends up with the same function just in a different way. A cell can become testes or ovaries its the chemical input at the time that tells it what to become.

So there was no parrallel evolution of both male and female, just evolution.

An egg is a sperm just in an opposite way.and it could have gone either way prior to the chemical input. We are the same species

You could just as easily been born a member of ther opposite sex

This is basic school level biology

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Question - where is the SCIENTIFIC evidence for one genus EVER becoming another genus? (Kind)

I don't mean your "stories" and "charts" in evilution textbooks, I mean Scientific Method science.

Thanks.
edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I haven't read more than a few posts and don't intend to read any more. Your question is absurd to the nth degree. How and the hell is anyone supposed to do a scientific method, double blind experiment that lasts millions of years? In case you missed the point of evolution it didn't take place in a test tube overnight. Its been a process that began in the beginning and is still going on. How the hell is anyone supposed to replicate that?

Nice stupid question. You fail.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix

years of reading natural history books mate. you might want to look at one or two.. there kinda square and flat with these floppy things inside called pages. but leave your crayons in the draw cos you might be tempted to do a picture for your mammy in one and there quite expensive.

Hey look everyone. A person evolved into a tool

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul

Apart from fossils, which is purely speculative at best. Is there actually any evidence of a mutation in an animal to cause it to become another genus of animal? Say a mouse for some reason has 3 legs, its still a mouse is it not? that would be considered a mutation according to you?

All we have to go by are fossils. As such, no there is no empirical evidence of one species or genus becoming another. From the available evidence all birds were always birds, all dogs were always dogs, etc, with minor, or sometimes major, anatomical differences.

It is the observable changes within species that leads one to make the logical jump from intraspecies natural selection to interspecies evolution. Though "evolution" can arguably be the incorrect word for some species as it denotes a change from weakness to strength. Humans today are much more fragile than our ancestors were.

TL;DR: Science has extrapolated its information from the available data and is working within the confines of it.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Smooth reply.
what an overwhelming intellect. you silver tongued genius.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have always found it EXTREMLY odd that we resemble Ape & Chimpanzees. Is this a Joke from our Creator, or a way for us to identify how we were created and for us to see our role in nature? To me the similarities are too striking (hands, eyes, facial features), to discredit Evolution! Why else would we have these similarities, why not create us so completely different it was obvious we were created. I can say without a doubt we have few things in common with Dolphins or squids are Elephants so it is very apparent we did not evolve from them. But our Chimp relatives we share too much in to be coincidence. So unless you tell me God is a cruel jokester I will never stop believing in Evolution!

The fear most people have is if there is no Magical God then the Bible is false, if God does not make thing POOF into existence then they must not be powerful enough. I disagree 100% with thinking and see that there is an order to things and a creationary design when I look at a distance star or galaxy or prehistoric fossil.

My creator is one who makes Galaxies, Stars, Planets and life forms that Evolve all of which happen in the laws of nature over thousands, or millions or Billions of years by DESIGN!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

reply to post by Nosred

And they will always be apart of the "Dog Kind".

No, they are currently evolving into entirely separate species. That's why dogs are a different species than wolves, because we bred wolves into dogs, we literally both watched and caused it to happen....

Are you trying to imply that wolves and dogs are the same species?
edit on 14-9-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

A species is defined by its ability to produce viable offspring. A horse and a donky can produce offpring (mule)but that offspring is born sterile so it's not viable which makes a horse and donky two seperate species.

A wolf and a dog can produce viable offspring ( the offspring can reproduce) so wolf and a dog are of the same species.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I like the Posters logic, I know someone who's 21 years old and someone whos 22 years old but if u dont introduce me to someone who's exactly 21.5 then i refuse to belive we grow up!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I am absolutely dumbfounded by the level of ignorance being represented here. So little understanding of science or methodology or even English.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
More questions. Explain where the sexes came from during evolution?

And for that matter, explain how TWO different "things" evolved from hot rocks, then to goo, then to sea creatures....and they managed to find a sexual partner too?

Explain why if only the strongest survive then why has EVERY CREATURE ON THIS PLANET never evolved to live forever? Every thing dies. So much for natural selection.

How come people are getting stupider instead of getting smarter?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

one of the biggest proofs of evolution is not well known and im having trouble finding it on the net as i heard about it on an anatomy documentary.
there are animals such as whales
that still have pre evolution features.
example: whales still have a breathing passage that goes to where the gills would have been and then back up to the mouth. it would be a pointless feature as it makes the passage much longer when it doesnt have to be.

if people have info on this stuff please tell me

Yes. Wales also have a pelvic bone and finger like claws under their flipper covering. A trait left over from when they walked on land.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join