It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Question - where is the SCIENTIFIC evidence for one genus EVER becoming another genus? (Kind)

I don't mean your "stories" and "charts" in evilution textbooks, I mean Scientific Method science.

Thanks.
edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This does it for me.

anthro.palomar.edu...

+40 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Reallistically, are you actually going to change your opinion in light of compelling evidence? Probably not. Waste of time and bandwidth.

+56 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Question - where is the SCIENTIFIC evidence for one genus EVER becoming another genus? (Kind)

I don't mean your "stories" and "charts" in evolution textbooks, I mean Scientific Method science.

Thanks.

Question - where is the SCIENTIFIC evidence for the existence of the alleged creator, that being called GOD by creationists?
I don't mean your "stories" and "passages' from the the bible, I mean Scientific Method science.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Thanks but the Fossil Record is not scientific method science, it's purely speculative because its not observable, repeatable, or refutable and thus does not qualify as either a scientific fact or theory. Sounds like a faith to me?

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You do know that there is no such thing as an "evolutionist" -- other that exists in creationists heads.

Stories and charts in evolution textbooks -- they are not bibles.

Evolution is settled science - get over it.

We have fossils - sorry you lose
edit on 14-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Make your own topic in the religion forum for that. I'm here because i want to see the observable proof of one genus becoming another as evolutionists claim they are using science and not faith.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

link   

this is a good question. i hope an expert can answer your query, because i doubt most people on ATS can show you anything other than a chart or textbook passage to prove evolution between different genus forms.

but here is something on horse evolution and the transitional forms between older and newer genus types.

evolution.berkeley.edu...

i guess that the biggest problem with proving evolution is that it supposedly happens very very slowly, so we wouldn't actively be able to test it using the scientific method, unless we start now and then compare notes again in about a thousand years or so.

the only evidence that we have are fossils, but apparently fossils will not satisfy you

edit on 14-9-2011 by Youji69 because: added text

link   
I see the light now. Praise Jehova
Without this question being presented, I don't know if I ever would have seen the wholesome goodness in the holy spirt.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

its called mutation

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

its called mutation

We have a winner all ready

EVO head -- that is cute.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Youji69

So there's nothing actually observable? We have to just believe that one fossil became another without seeing it happen? I know its supposed to take "millions and millions of years" but if that's the case wouldn't we see animals even today evolving and becoming a knew kind? How come we never see this? I think it takes alot of faith to believe one animal genus became another with no one ever seeing it happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
You do know that there is no such thing as an "evolutionist" -- other that exists in creationists heads.

Spyder is absolutely right, it is not like evolution and "creationism" are two teams or political parties competing to find out which one is the real one, the good one. That happens only at the eyes of a creationist, because they would want it to be like that.
Truth is, creationism is just a story, and well, evolution is "only" part of how things evolve in our planet, and has been forever. As simple as that.

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

We have a case of Homo Sapien Sapien evolving into Trollus Ignoramous in this very thread right before our very eyes!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Apart from fossils, which is purely speculative at best. Is there actually any evidence of a mutation in an animal to cause it to become another genus of animal? Say a mouse for some reason has 3 legs, its still a mouse is it not? that would be considered a mutation according to you?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Sailor Sam

Make your own topic in the religion forum for that. I'm here because i want to see the observable proof of one genus becoming another as evolutionists claim they are using science and not faith.

I'm here because i want to see the observable proof of the creation of all matter and all life by one omnipotent being, and that it is not based on faith alone.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

So i ask a simple question, which should be easy for you to answer as many of you claim creation is just a myth and evolution is a fact, yet you cannot even provide one piece of proof that any genus has become a new kind of animal, then you expect me to believe we can from a fish, then an ape like ancestor etc...?

Incredible.

edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Youji69

So there's nothing actually observable? We have to just believe that one fossil became another without seeing it happen? I know its supposed to take "millions and millions of years" but if that's the case wouldn't we see animals even today evolving and becoming a knew kind? How come we never see this? I think it takes alot of faith to believe one animal genus became another with no one ever seeing it happen.

it is true that we are unable to see these minute changes, since our life is too limited for any of us to be proper observers of such slow minute changes in animals. even human history itself only goes back about 10,000 years. anything past that is purely theory and speculation.

perhaps these changes are happening right in front of our eyes, but since they are happening so slowly over thousands or even millions of years, we can't perceive them. it does take some faith to believe that it is happening, but again, evolution is only a theory. maybe later on, when we have more facts, we will be able to prove it true or false.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3
I see the light now. Praise Jehova
Without this question being presented, I don't know if I ever would have seen the wholesome goodness in the holy spirt.

I'm with you brother, the OP's incessant bible thumping here this week has me totally converted from the heathen athiest I was to a right and proper god-lovin' christian.

Just like these guys:

godhatesfags.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join