It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu orders evacuation of Jordan embassy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good thinking Netanyahu... for once.

Netanyahu orders evacuation of Israel embassy in Jordan, fearing violent protests

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman ordered the early evacuation of Israel's embassy in Jordan on Wednesday, over fears of violent anti-Israel protests similar to those which erupted in Cairo last week.

On Wednesday, however, it was affirmed that Israel had decided to vacate its Jordanian embassy a day earlier than schedule, following fears of violent protests outside the embassy building, expected to take place on Thursday and throughout the weekend.

I'm sure Netanyahu didn't want to have to do that again...
U .S. told Egypt it must rescue Israeli embassy workers or suffer 'consequences,' sources say

According to the Israeli source, the "Egyptians said every time that they were not able to track him down in order to connect the call." After failing to locate Tantawi himself, Netanyahu called head of Egyptian intelligence, Gen. Murad Muwafi.

Barak, in turn, called U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, asking him to discuss the issue with Tantawi, which Panetta was able to do shortly after.

Jordan was left ``unscatted`` or almost... for now to the ``Arab Spring``... we shall see.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i hope that no more people are hurt due to this, although i know that it may be wishful thinking. i like obama's contribution though
get them or else!

i hope that this isn't simply propaganda to use against jordan, but i wouldn't put it past israel and the u.s. to do so...

the real victims here are the people who have to live through these events. innocent people who did nothing wrong other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I guess I don't understand why the USA thinks it has the authority to order another power to take action or suffer the consequences. Isn't Egypt its own sovereign country? Why does the USA keep getting involved in this stuff in this fashion? There may be a good reason to do it....I just don't like how sometimes it seems the USA is the world dictator in many ways than one. I love the USA but don't get this type of behavior.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

OP, with all due respect, I think this being played waaaaayyyy out of proportion from your standpoint. After reading the article carefully.

Long weekends are not uncommon in the Mid-East, and particularly in Jordan, with weekends consisting often of Thursday evenings, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays for Christians/Jews (lucky them
)

At least I hope that I am correct and you are incorrect on relations between Jordan and Israel. It's about the only token of peace left to stand on in the area as of late.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

The article speaks about it...

Protocol stipulates that all employees return to Israel every weekend, with the exclusion of one diplomatic representative as well as a security team.

On Wednesday, however, it was affirmed that Israel had decided to vacate its Jordanian embassy a day earlier than schedule, following fears of violent protests outside the embassy building, expected to take place on Thursday and throughout the weekend.

So yeah usually they get people out during the week-end... but they keep a few people in just in case... This time, they get everyone out... and they come back a day earlier.

And yeah if Jordan fall, the only ones left will be Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.... that's a lot of people.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So yeah usually they get people out during the week-end... but they keep a few people in just in case... This time, they get everyone out... and they come back a day earlier.

Yes, true, but no mention of not returning on Monday.

Just seems like it's Israeli MSM speeling out propaganda to the Israelis.

Knowing the Jordanians, any protest would be fewer than a score (unless you count the Palestinian camps).

And yeah if Jordan fall, the only ones left will be Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.... that's a lot of people.

Ah, but the difference is these are pseudo-countries (i.e.,Iraq, oops
_) or Iranian-populated countries, ie, Kuwait, or fake-agenda/rich countries (ie al-arabia saudia, UAE) which differ from the true Mid-East. We are getting into Persian territory, gulf arab states which differ from the Arab Springers, no?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Hundreds protest outside Israeli embassy in Jordan (Ch. 2)

Well it seems it was worth it.

new topics

top topics

join