It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religon... Elanin....Toothfairy....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Right....

I Have an Issue.. First ATS why is there Allowed to be an open issue with non believers in GOD on this site??

I say this is every week or So some Religous nut whines about how bad life is online (on ATS) because someone says somthing against GOD or the Bible..

this Kills me inside! First of all the only Reference is points plucked out of Bibles or other relevant Sacred book, which has been translated or changed and we have PROOF to show this... so at this point anything that can be proven to be an new section of the Bible (like whats meant to occur during Rapture etc.) should be put in the HOAX bin as it can be proven to be made up and dates can be provided.

Next if you dont believe in GOD people get to say you are going to hell.. this is an outright thrert based on one persons belives being non soliciated and forced upon another user on the site.. im pretty certain i have seen people have there posts removed for similar as long as it doesnt have to do with GOD, can you clarify if that type of action is ok as it means i can up the nasty in my posts!

Next Lets Talk about proof and evidence, these things should be from more than one source.. just like you believe in Religous Teachings i belive in Scientific Method, if you would like me (and many others) to take part in an adult conversation and not just be horrible then you should be aware the scientific method involves taking a theory, providing evidence, proving the evidence is repeatable revising the theory relevant to the results... as you can imagine if somthing is real you can apply this to it, because.. it is there so it can be proven...

if someone has a theory or a belief present it as such... if you do not then stop wasting ATS server space showing the same bible passages, the same evidence to do with the end of times, myans, death comets, aliens that have created the human race or super underground alien science centers... either serach and add to an exsisting post or..... dont say anything at all because anyone who cares has read through the thread you didnt already!!

So what im getting at here is research.. and provide proof, if you provide a video provide a sumary, if you think somthing is sooo relevent provide your thoughts and if you think one of us have ovver looked a passage in the bible (and you can provide evidence of it being wirtten in the origibnal txts and not like a 7th generation bible translated into its 16th language before release) then make sur eno one else has posted it already and point out it is your belief or though but not FACT.

Thats all

Just my thoughts

edit on 15-9-2011 by Gazrok because: All caps in thread title

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
was the ELENIN in your title some sort of subliminal trick to get people to read your rant?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

No No alot of my rant about proof/research etc. applies or actually came about with me ranting about Elenin, however i just got particularly p-eed off about Religon reading a post mid way through writing this...

Religon is what really gets me...
Elenin just annoys me because its like the ATS buzz word
and the tooth fairy was just a point that it could be about anything you cant prove but say you beleive in.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You forgot to post your proof and research ;p
Second line

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gravity215
You forgot to post your proof and research ;p
Second line

Haha i asked for that... i can forgive such things in Rant, introductions and Skunk Works... but on any other forum it should be enforced!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast when it comes to online forums. people will say whatever they feel they need to say, and there's not much we can do about it unless they directly violate the site's rules and regulations.

the next best thing is just to shrug it off and ignore it
don't let stuff stress you out, and know that for every ignorant poster out there, there is at least 2 educated posters.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, as I've said before, the staff on this site should be bored to tears because we as adults conduct ourselves as mature adults should. But instead, they must play babysitter so much that they need help from us to keep up with it. Hence, the Alert button. And over 70 moderators.

This all comes down to civility, manners, and expressing your points / counter points in an intelligible manner addressed toward content. Not the person. Still, ATS is heads and shoulders above the other wannabe sites.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
I Have an Issue.. First ATS why is there Allowed to be an open issue with non believers in GOD on this site??

The inverse it also true, I see a lot of outright hatred expressed on ATS towards belief in God in general and much of it is quite insulting, implying that only uninformed idiots would believe in God. Normally I keep my beliefs to myself, about the only time I tread into that water is after reading a thread loaded with rude posts targeting believers.

First of all the only Reference is points plucked out of Bibles or other relevant Sacred book, which has been translated or changed and we have PROOF to show this...

The fact that any religious document may have misinformed information in it does not mean that the overwhelming majority of it is not accurate. This is my personal stance on the Bible, that it was written by men and their biases crept into it in many places, but the overall message about Jesus and God is truth and is discernable for those who read it with an open mind.

so at this point anything that can be proven to be an new section of the Bible (like whats meant to occur during Rapture etc.) should be put in the HOAX bin as it can be proven to be made up and dates can be provided.

The Bible does not offer dates for the Rapture or any other event. Any dates you read were assigned erroneously by people. As misinformed as those date-setting efforts are, they aren't hoaxes in the sense that those people are deliberately trying to mislead others.

Next if you dont believe in GOD people get to say you are going to hell.. this is an outright thrert based on one persons belives being non soliciated and forced upon another user on the site...

I agree with you, even as a believer I am irked when I read such comments made towards unbelievers. The fact is that salvation is available to everyone right up to the point of death (thief on the cross), and perhaps even after that point (unknown). Personally I believe that those who are non-believers will at some point be made aware that God exists, and they will have the chance of redeeming themselves after they have that knowledge. Many will still choose hell I'm sure, but the bottom line is I believe that a pure and perfect God will not condemn people against their will, but will allow them the free will to choose their destiny. So in essence, those who go to Hell will be going because that's what they want. They'll still want separation from God even after they find out He exists.

Next Lets Talk about proof and evidence, these things should be from more than one source....

There's a tremendous amount of proof and evidence out there in the form of documentation of prophecy fulfillment and also archaological evidence proving events described in the Bible are factual, but the bottom line is while these things prove events, belief is spiritual, not about events. And each of us must pursue this spiritual journey alone, evaluate the evidence and decide for ourselves.

edit on 14-9-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's the same on both sides, that is creationists know that it takes faith to believe in things like evolution in it's entirity, but all the atheists pass it off as total fact, and one can also prove that there has been many a lie told within evolution over the years too, like Nebraska man, Java man, Orce man, Lucy, Ota Benga(this one sickens me), the list goes on, and yes then it's changed by man, so why cant we put that in the hoax bin too.

Honestly all I see is an atheist crying for his Mommy and preaching harder than the creationists, just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
It's the same on both sides, that is creationists know that it takes faith to believe in things like evolution in it's entirity, but all the atheists pass it off as total fact, and one can also prove that there has been many a lie told within evolution over the years too, like Nebraska man, Java man, Orce man, Lucy, Ota Benga(this one sickens me), the list goes on, and yes then it's changed by man, so why cant we put that in the hoax bin too.

Honestly all I see is an atheist crying for his Mommy and preaching harder than the creationists, just my 2 cents.

Far From it.. I just dont beleive in God at no point however did i say i think evolution has all the answers..

my point is proven from you posts... i said these are my thoughts based on what i think i clearly pointed out at the end these were my thoughts, didnt at any point mention my views on creationism or evolution other than i dont believe in God or Hell... but Damn jump to conclusions if you want...

I am not really basing this on other morons on here but me.. the way i feel when some points out what will or will not happen based on there beliefs as fact... i only ever impose my beliefs asa counter argument when it comes to religon or evolution.. never on the offensive... and further more i have never said i do not think people should follow religon, i just dont think they should impose it!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Most posters here are not paid, except by stars and flags. If one of them had anything good they might take it somewhere else. I would and I have. BTW GLP is a funnier site and what a collection of smiles!-------------------

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I missed the part about the Toothfairy. Your title is misleading and needs revision.
Other than that, great post. How much does the toothfairy pay for a molar?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I love this rant and it has a very valid point.

It does seem that those who are taught from the book that says “Judge not” judge most.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone that wants to believe in God. I do not pass judgment on them for it. They can believe how they want to believe.

But it seems when someone comes along with a thread or post that offers a different point of view or a view that challenges their way of thinking, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is “YOUR GOING TO HELL!”. It’s almost like their belief in God has totally taken away their ability to think for themselves and has closed their minds to other points of view.

In my opinion, that is a very dangerous way to think.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The questions of theism are questions of metaphysics - metaphysics preceding the possibility of any interpretation of science - which cannot even be meaningfully posed within an empirical framework. Your faith in "scientific method", not to speak of your interpretation of its results, presupposes endless metaphysical and epistemological assumptions of which neither you, I am certain, nor most scientists are even aware. Now it must be said that I am by no means a theist, but the jejune ramblings of persons of your kind, who actually have the gall to presume that they understand a thing about this world, are really beginning to get me down.

top topics

join