It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question...Who were/are Osam B..and the Taliban previous employer's...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ok...let's have it....and you have two chances to get it right....I know all of us ATS posters should have the answer for that...then you can go and talk about 9-11..have fun..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by booky
Ok...let's have it....and you have two chances to get it right....I know all of us ATS posters should have the answer for that...then you can go and talk about 9-11..have fun..

Before I answer the title of this thread's question...I would like to know your answers...as the author of this thread....I am curious to know what you think.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
PC World.....
Merryhill ....
They were sales assistants ....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Are you an CIA assassin....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
OBL worked for Blockbuster Video

Taliban for Starbucks

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The answer you want is the good ole USA.

But it isnt the correct answer.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead

More specifically they want CIA but still...incorrect

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well,,tell us who you think...not who you don't think is was...was is the question..
edit on 14-9-2011 by booky because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by booky

My point was that you were going to lead us into the Taliban working for the US/CIA during the Cold War. Which I say is incorrect....we supplied them with arms against the Soviets in their own war. Granted it benifited us but I think saying they worked for us would be a stretch.

If that isnt what you are talking about then I have no idea.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrOysterhead
reply to post by booky

My point was that you were going to lead us into the Taliban working for the US/CIA during the Cold War. Which I say is incorrect....we supplied them with arms against the Soviets in their own war. Granted it benifited us but I think saying they worked for us would be a stretch.

If that isnt what you are talking about then I have no idea.

Very true. We also trained a number of their people in strategy and warfare in order to better fight the Soviets. Bin Laden naturally used these skills to his advantage against the US when we decided to go hunting for him.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrOysterhead
reply to post by booky

My point was that you were going to lead us into the Taliban working for the US/CIA during the Cold War. Which I say is incorrect....we supplied them with arms against the Soviets in their own war.

We didn't supply the Taliban with arms during the Cold War. One, there was no Taliban during the Cold War, and the Taliban never fought a war against the Soviets. Two, when there was a Taliban, it got its weapons from southern Afghanistan and Pakistani proxies therein, years after the US pulled out of Afghanistan. Three, after arming itself, the Taliban promptly went to war with our biggest ally in Afghanistan. Why would we arm a bunch of crazies who wanted to overthrow the guy we helped put into office? The guy considered so important to the US that Al Qaeda assassinated him on September 9, 2001? The US never had good relations with the Taliban, overtly or covertly, and we never armed them.l

We didn't supply Bin Laden with weapons, either.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Saddam Hussein was put in power by us too. Isn't it funny how we supply these 'evil people' with all the things they need when they are working in a way that benefits us, but then we destroy them as well as thousands of innocent people when they turn against us?

edit on 9/14/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Excuse me, Afganistan.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

We did help overthrow the Soviets in Afghanistan, and we helped give the precursors of the Taliban a way to rise to power. Also, there is plenty of evidence that the CIA actually trained OBL.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join