It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible 'Chameleon' Tank Finally Revealed (amazing stuff)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Thank you for your level headed response - I like the analogy walking down the street with some hotties...
No one seemed to take my previous post seriously, but I do find it ironic the NATO military is being defeated in Afghanistan by rc controllers...also, I recently read the story of the soldier who's bro sent him an RC car to help detect IED's...All our Armored Forces should replace their heavy out dated weapons with rc cars. Maybe we'd win.

CJ

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

oh yeah, cos the wars America fights it really needs more technology to take on mortars and suicide bombers, seriously what a bunch of cowards. Now the Taliban are going ot blow up yanks cars as well and say, oh well, I thought it was a tank in disguise, no big deal. America should buy a few thousands for sure, definitely needed and yeah a real life saver, lol, who cares aobut the jobless people in America, as long as you can kill more foreigners right

BAE and Swedish Defence Material Administration produced it. That doesn't mean Americans are going to buy it. You should take a reading comprehension course. You must be from the class of 2011.

This tech is pretty awesome though. I was beginning to believe the tank or armored vehicle was was becoming obsolete.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Thank you for your level headed response - I like the analogy walking down the street with some hotties...
No one seemed to take my previous post seriously, but I do find it ironic the NATO military is being defeated in Afghanistan by rc controllers...also, I recently read the story of the soldier who's bro sent him an RC car to help detect IED's...All our Armored Forces should replace their heavy out dated weapons with rc cars. Maybe we'd win.

CJ

Funny junk!!!! Yeah, the RC cars are a little light though, they don't trigger the IED's which if I remember right need about 20lbs on/off to let go. Would not be hard though to make an IED "finder" using say weights on chains rotating in a circular manner attached to a slightly heavier RC vehicle. Personally, I think we could use shriners in clown cars, put 'em to a real use ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Cool. thanks for sharing. I wish we would spend more money on trying to fix society rather than finding new and improved ways to kill our fellow humans. Sad that we spend money on this but can't help grandma purchase her medication in a more reasonable fashion. I want to cry for our world today. Not sure why but I do.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
here are 2 short videos of the Tank.

video.foxnews.com...
video.foxnews.com...
I have to think we-the public are only seeing a fraction of what this new tech can do.
edit on 9/15/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Back when I was but a young buck in the late 70's and early 80's, I used to play this game at the arcade that was a vector graphics based tank killer game. I keep thinking it was called Battlezone. This tank looks like one of those tanks in the game I use to blow the hell out of with 10 bucks worth of quarters a week lol!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Youji69
reply to post by Haxsaw

It's true, the u.s. spends way too much money on war. If our tax dollars went more towards education and job creation, we would be much better off as a country and society.

But alas, the war mongers need their tanks, the oil mongers need their petrol, and the cash mongers need their central banks.

Maybe this is a show of strength? China has been rising as an economic power, and with a population of over 1.25 billion, it's understandable for the u.s. and other western countries to feel somewhat intimidated, and thus feel the need to show off their military prowess.

Not American, but British and Swiss.

BAE= British Aerospace Electronic systems.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Am I missing something or has the turret dissapeared, on both the before and after picture. Also the turret does'nt seem to have the hexagonal tiles so how will that part of the tank become 'invisible'.

I'll be honest and say that I have'nt read the full article so if I have missed something I shall apologise.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
I keep thinking it was called Battlezone

If you recognize the image below, then it was.

I have many doubts about the use of such a system in practice. For example, what happens if the tank is covered in mud? And how much resistant is that active covert?

I wouldn't buy them.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
You can still see it visually and infrared it looks like a subaru station wagon, since you can still see it, it can be line of sight targeted. It doesn't change shape, it isn't some kind of "transformer" LOL. It just changes its heat signature shape.

What else is "IR mode" supposed to do?

I mean rather than making it look like a station wagon

That is just one template and you don't have to use any of them.

you think they would have the smarts to make it look like a little old lady with a cane at least. Of course that only works at night as well, but then why the hell would said little old lady be out in the forest at 2am?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thats the game! I swear to god if I ever find that cabinet used, Im going to get it!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I have to admit that it does kind of look Gamer Like.

I can't remember the exact game but I think the developers of this tank played that game.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join