It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They don't make chocolate like they used to..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Two words:

Dairy Milk.

I have to stretch my pennies as far as possible too, but when it comes to chocolate for eating rather than baking, what my family call 'doggy chocolate' (cheap supermarkets own brand etc) isn't even considered.

It's a once a month treat - a big, fat bar of Dairy Milk - but it's worth every penny!

With that said I actually do use 'doggy cholcolate' for baking - specifically cookies - and I use it because it does stay slightly gooey.

It also works really well in a fudgey browney I make.

This thread has provoked an attack of the munchies

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I didn't buy it myself, it was a gift, so I couldn't say.

Though the little eggs that came with it were pretty good, nice fillings in them, just the main egg wasn't nice.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Not to sound cruel and heartless? Chocolate isn't a necessity it's a luxury. You're saying your desire for chocolate is more important to you than the health and well being of another human being. If that isn't cruel and heartless I'm not sure what is.

Yes your government gives billions in foreign aid. They Spend hundreds of billions on killing Machines. Maybe they can use some of those killing machines to ensure that more of that aid goes to the people who need it.

Your apathy and contempt for your fellow human is a sickening as it is astounding.

Buying unethical chocolate is to be complicit with slavery. If that doesn't bother you then munch away, but don't delude yourself it IS cruel and heartless.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join