It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Emails Reveal Direct White House Tie to Solyndra Scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This case is certainly stacking up quickly as the roaches begin to scramble away from the light. The blame game is in full swing and our POTUS is right in the middle of it. This is criminal folks

Backstory

Pay attention, folks -- this is getting big. For months, Katie has been faithfully covering another simmering White House scandal that has slowly intensified with each passing revelation. The Solyndra case, by contrast, has blown up in less than a week. Here's the cliffsnotes version: A solar panel manufacturing company that received over half-a-billion taxpayer dollars in federal "stimulus" loan guarantees from the Obama administration in 2009 has filed for bankruptcy and laid off all of its employees. One of the principal investors in Solyndra was a major Obama donor. He and various Solyndra officials visited the White House repeatedly before and after the controversial loan was approved. The president toured the company's California headquarters in 2010, using the setting to tout his green energy agenda and the Recovery Act. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Solyndra imploded last month.

Those of you following this case already know that the FBI raided Solyndra HQ last week and also paid visits to the homes of Solyndra's execs. The WH already tried to fluff this off by passing the Buck back to Bush. Claiming that his admin. began the loan process with Solyndra. Now for the truth

That house of cards is now collapsing. Yesterday, ABC News dropped the bombshell that Bush era Energy auditors actually nixed the loan as unsound, and that Obama OMB staffers raised similar concerns upon their own evaluation. The White House's political team seemed to disagree, putting the deal on a "fast track." Mere days later, the massive government loan to the unstable "green" poster-child -- backed by major Obama donor cash -- was fortuitously approved.

I was surprised to see ABC break this story. Kudos to them for doing what journalists should be doing.

Pay special attention to the tail end of the clip, when Ross repeats the administration's assurances that no political pressure was brought to bear on behalf of this terrible deal, which may cost taxpayers hundreds of millions. All of the evidence suggests this is a lie.

key points from the ABC investigation

internal emails uncovered by investigators for the House Energy and Commerce Committee that were shared exclusively with ABC News show the Obama administration was keenly monitoring the progress of the loan, even as analysts were voicing serious concerns about the risk involved. "This deal is NOT ready for prime time," one White House budget analyst wrote in a March 10, 2009 email, nine days before the administration formally announced the loan.

Blame game

The White House also noted to ABC News that the Bush administration was the first to consider Solyndra's application and that some executives at the company have a history of donating to Republicans.

Facts

The results of the Congressional probe shared Tuesday with ABC News show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee had voted against offering a loan commitment to Solyndra. Even after Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, analysts in the Energy Department and in the Office of Management and Budget were repeatedly questioning the wisdom of the loan. In one exchange, an Energy official wrote of "a major outstanding issue" -- namely, that Solyndra's numbers showed it would run out of cash in September 2011. There was also concern about the high-risk nature of the project. Internally, the Office of Management and Budget wrote that "the risk rating for the project sponsor [Solyndra] … seems high." Outside analysts had warned for months that the company might not be a sound investment.

townhall.com...
abcnews.go.com...

How will this wash out in the end? The evidence made public is crystal clear so I can only imagine what was discovered in those FBI raids.

Keep tabs on this one before Eric Holder takes the lead in the investigation.

edit on 14-9-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I was surprised to see ABC break this story. Kudos to them for doing what journalists should be doing.

I don't know if kudos are in order.
I am guessing that they are just doing their job as they are told to do. Somebody pulled the strings and have had the news media begin to crumble the supporting base of the Obama regime. Maybe he crossed Soros? Or didn't call him 'exalted master' enough when he licked his boots the last time?

ETA: Whatever is behind it, it will be an interesting story to watch... see what pans out of this.
edit on 14-9-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Very good summary of the events so far. I'd been keeping a far eye on this but it definitely looks like this could be a problem for the Obama administration. The only concern I have with it is that it seems nice to have this break into the MSM at about the same time as Stimulus (I've lost track what number with all the goofy accounting going on, so insert a number here you feel is appropriate) is on the table in Congress.

It makes me wonder though how badly this could hurt Obama? Are we talking impeachment or just derailment of re-election efforts or something less?

Of course there also is the obvious question of: how many other instances of this happened under Obama's watch?

I did see one upside note to all of this: someone actually did the numbers right and predicted when the cash would run out.
That person should get a promotion or at least an atta-boy.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The tide is certainly changing across the nation. I am still expecting a push for a Democratic Primary election to oust Obama. With this story growing legs by the day and with the GOP upset in yesterdays special elections in MASS. and Nevada the Dems will be forced to regroup.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

Here is a list of 50 impeachable offenses committed by Obama. Its and old list so I would expect that it will just continue to grow.

www.canadafreepress.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by butcherguy

The tide is certainly changing across the nation. I am still expecting a push for a Democratic Primary election to oust Obama. With this story growing legs by the day and with the GOP upset in yesterdays special elections in MASS. and Nevada the Dems will be forced to regroup.

Maybe that is why the handlers cut ABC loose on the story. They see that the Dems are losing big time, could be that their next tack will be to have the Democrats go after Obama with a vengeance. Not just bail on him, go for blood and end up looking like they are cleaning up their party.... and Washington?
edit on 14-9-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I heard something about this the other day.....

another scandal for sure.....on top of the the MEXICAN drug ring and gun running sales saga to drug cartels........

what's next?????

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I watch a lot of new at night, and read the paper every morning. WHY HAVENT I HEARD ABOUT THIS?

I guess I already know the answer. Liberals and the media are in bed, and more crooked now than ever.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well just when I was starting to have hope someone would call him out. Nice to see a simple list of all of the crimes he's committed.

I was talking to a bunch of people and we agreed that the primaries should happen independent of who holds the office. This would mean each time the elections come around there would be primaries for all parties involved, and if only one person is running then it would be a vote of confidence. If they can't run unopposed and get 51% approval you know something is wrong with the person.

Personally I would like see Obama try to dodge the high school kid with the "How much of my dollar should you take?" question. Hopefully if we don't get a democratic primary someone will remember to ask that during the big game and tell me to tape it!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
S&F
I honestly thought Fast & Furious would have been the downfall.
Now this?
It just confirms what those of us have been saying all along.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

yes...and that is that the real power that is controlling global events is NOT elected....they work behind the curtains to do their dastardly and cowardly deeds....until these ruthless beasts are rooted out, we will still be flailing around over "distractions" that look like something to dig our teeth into....dig away...nothing will come of it...and, meanwhile a host of more unscrupulous and deadly stuff will go down...(shell game...watch this hand, while my other hand does the stealing)....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
if fast and furious and solynodra had happened under bush

you can bet he would be crucified and people would be talkign about it 24/7

im telling you all we are on the wrong side lets turn democrats so we can say and do whatever we want

and nobody will say crap and they will love us.

meh neverminds never been one to take the easy way.

bush turned it down obama approved it alright so who knows more about business and making money?

read the op then you have your answer.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Of course, Obama ("energy costs will absolutely be higher") and the DoE ("Americans should pay European prives for energy") are quick to point out that the Bush adminsitration created the loan-guarantee program.

What they leave out is that the Bush admin. DENIED Solyndra's application BEFORE Obama rammed it through for approval!

The White House noted ... that the Bush administration was the first to consider Solyndra's application and that some executives at the company have a history of donating to Republicans.

The ... Congressional probe ... show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee had voted against offering a loan commitment to Solyndra.

Bush Admin. Voted AGAINST Solyndra Loan

The hypocrisy of the left and of this administration grow bolder with each (MSM papered-over) scandal revelation.

snf
jw
edit on 14-9-2011 by jdub297 because: quote

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Here is a list of 50 impeachable offenses committed by Obama. Its and old list so I would expect that it will just continue to grow.

Can we start using the term "Solyndra-gate" yet?

If not, then soon. Very soon.

Also, it's becoming apparent that doing things in a "fast and furious" way is the trademark of the obama administration. Solyndra was approved in a very fast and furious manner only a couple weeks after the Bush administration had said no.

edit on 9/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have been watching this story unfold for the past few days, and this scandal may be the one that besieges the White House? Those emails about the loan being personally attended to by White House staffers is troubling. Then we also learn that this corporation was a major political donor to the Obama Presidential Campaign. It appears like buddies are hooking each other up at the expense of the American taxpayer and the Office of the President of the United States?

The Holder Justice Department will have to respond to this scandal. Even if it affects his apparent lock-step relationship with the White House. Those emails appear to be direct collusion between an apparent shake and bake company and the White House to defraud the taxpayer of nearly a billion dollars? I suppose the only "green," anyone ever saw from this was the color of money?

I would like to know if any money from this loan could be directly tied to the President's re-election campaign? Reporting of this scandal has been scant to say the least, and it should be covered by every major network and publication, but I have only really heard of it sparingly. As some have said, if this was the past administration the media would have been in a frenzy to cover it and the former President would have been crucified without batting an eye. Hopefully, this scandal does not get swept under the rug like alleged scandals from the past?
edit on 14-9-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

What's the green, 21st century version of Water-gate?

Solar-gate.

jw

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sorry OP not buying the right-wing media spin. The Solyndra loan has been in the works since 2007 through a loan-guarantee program started by Bush in 2006, and investors in the groups came from both political affiliations.

It’s often claimed that the Solyndra loan guarantee was “rushed through” by the Obama Administration for political reasons. In fact, the Solyndra loan guarantee was a multi-year process that the Bush Administration launched in 2007.

You’d never know from the media coverage that:

• The Bush team tried to conditionally approve the Solyndra loan just before President Obama took office.
  • The company’s backers included private investors who had diverse political interests.
  • The loan comprises just 1.3% of DOE’s overall loan portfolio. To date, Solyndra is the only loan that’s known to be troubled.

Because one of the Solyndra investors, Argonaut Venture Capital, is funded by George Kaiser — a man who donated money to the Obama campaign — the loan guarantee has been attacked as being political in nature. What critics don’t mention is that one of the earliest and largest investors, Madrone Capital Partners, is funded by the family that started Wal-Mart, the Waltons. The Waltons have donated millions of dollars to Republican candidates over the years.

source

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Keep tabs on this one before Eric Holder takes the lead in the investigation.

HAHAHAHA! Eric Holder.....that "poor" s.o.b..... he's dodging bullets himself from "Operation Fast and Furious." Jesus, how many more scandals does an administration have to have before someone starts impeachment proceedings?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I can't find one item on that list that's actually an impeachable offense, or even anywhere close, this stuff is all completely ridiculous. Have you even read that list?!

I mean really, let's impeach Obama because he didn't start a war with Mexico? Or impeach Obama because he bought a 10ft strip of land from his neighbor, 6 years ago? Or better yet, impeach Obama because the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Administrator David L. Strickland didn't release the results on an internal investigation in Toyata?

Somebody must be really desperate to get Obama out of office if they want him impeached for this crap.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You could tell that the scandals were set to come in when Rahm jumped ship.

Fast and furious and now this. Obama is toast.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join