It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Leno Joke, on Ron Paul 9/13/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Did anyone watch Leno last night (9/13/11)? In his opening act, he was preparing a joke on the Republican Debate, which would turn out to be focused on Rick Perry. However, he managed to get a shot in a Ron Paul too. Here is how is happened:

Jay was describing the candidates in the debate, and named them as (not verbatim as I cannot remember all the names used, but here is the gist) the pizza guy, the crazy lady, the crazy guy, and the even crazier guy (which was Ron Paul's picture), and others...

Now, as I said above, this joke was not even directed at Ron Paul...it turned out to be a joke on Perry stating that he could not be bought for $5000. So, why did the media feel the need to deem Ron as the even crazier guy?

It is truly unfortunate, the power that the media has over the people. I wonder how many Americans will that that 1 second jab at Ron Paul, internalize it, and make it their own view - without researching candidates on their own?

Speaking with first hand knowledge, I remember a few years back when I first heard of Ron Paul, and some people I knew where supporting him, I fell victim to this. I remember thinking that he had no shot and was, for lack of a better term, "crazy." So, I brushed him off. Being on ATS has made me realize the way things work, in terms of the media, and I am happy to say that I have done my homework and do not trust 1% of what the media tells me.

Let's just hope that one day, every American Citizen can say that too.

EDIT - MODS, please move if this is not the correct category. Thanks!
edit on 14-9-2011 by MarshMallow_Snake because: Added last line.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Crazy, Ron Paul is crazy ? I'd take him over Obama any day, crazy just might be our candidate.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
By the standards of Washington, he is crazy. He believes in small government and keeping out of peoples private affairs. Not to mention that wacky idea of abiding by the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Two things. First any press is good press. The more Ron Paul's name gets out the better. Second, if we played monopoly with someone and they were the banker and got to loan money to the people we were playing against for zero interest we might get pissed off. If when he ran out of money to give away he started writing in a book IOU's and gave out more - doubling and tripling the supply of money we might walk away from the game completely. To think that was unfair and manipulative is what everyone is calling crazy. WE are crazy because supposedly that's the way the world works, its always worked that way. Without them giving money to people at no interest and 'inflating' the supply of money the world would come to a grinding halt - don't you know that?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

This merely exemplifies the motions of the system in demeaning and discrediting anyone who challenges/threatens the domain of the powers that be and their political status quo.

J. Leno most likely received a "Get out of Jail Free" card for creating this politically motivated spin.

But this all originates from the formation of the COINTELPRO directive directly from FBI Director, J. Edgar Hoover.

But first the definition of COINTELPRO.

COINTELPRO (an acronym for Counter Intelligence Program) was a series of covert, and often illegal,[2] projects conducted by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) aimed at surveilling, infiltrating, discrediting, and disrupting domestic political organizations.

FBI Director, J. Edgar Hoover issued directives governing COINTELPRO, ordering FBI agents to "expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize" the activities of these movements and their leaders.

Note the use of the word "Disrupt, Discredit" and there you have it....Your Govt. tax dollars and mine at work !!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

If we want him to be a mainstream candidate, we should be thrilled when he makes the radar of the talkshow hosts, pundits, and comedians. This is validation of sorts. He got made fun of in the same light as Bachmann and Perry. He is a true front-runner now.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First off the media is owned...and the people who own the media finance the Romney, Perry's who look well, speak well and distort the facts. Problem is the majority of Americans have fell for this trick many times over...Wolfy boy clearly controlled the (tea party) debate, boy was that weird, as usual ask planned questions for destruction. Now, Ron Paul was asked about 9-11 attack and Afghanistan..When he replied he should have said....."First, let me say this. Osama and the Taliban are former employee's of the American CIA. We funded them for our on purpose to push out Russia. After we where finished with them, we chose to place them on the side and took advantage of what they did for us..Now, they are defending what they died for and we(USA)want the ground/resources they have.
Now, while we (TPTB) are focused on world control, Rome (USA) is collapsing..by design....Get your food, bullets and shelter to defend yourself..it is just around the corner.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I could actually see such a label being used to his advantage. If you take the constant insanity of our current govenment and leaders as normal, then you would have to be crazy to consider alternative actions. He'd just need to bring up a few legitimate points of the current idiocy of our government, and follow it up with sarcastic confirmation of his "insanity". An easy hit would be to bring up the cost of the current wars in dollars and lives, followed by his sentiment on ending the wars as a debt crisis necessity. He'd really have unlimited ammo to work with by embracing the label and using it to his advantage. Three girls dead and others hospitalized by his competitions Gardasil legislature, now thats crazy!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ok, for the record, I am not saying that Ron Paul is crazy. I actually like his stance on things... I am saying that Leno got a jab in there, on a joke that was aimed at Rick Perry.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with the any press is good press...it just surprised me, even though it should not, that they took the time to throw a 2 second reminder that Ron Paul is crazy, so that the American Public would not forget it. God forbid anyone watching the show think on their own and make up their own mind on who to vote for. Keep the kool-aid flowing, I guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't watch Leno anymore, only Conan.. what I find odd is he almost never mentions Paul.. just Perry, and Bachman, sometimes Romney. Why? Conan is aimed at a younger audience, so why would he rarely mention Paul, while Jay who I think, has an older audience would make fun of him?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

I do not have cable...just free antenna TV for me. Saves me almost 1200 bucks a year, and I do not find myself sitting in front of the TV all night, which is good with a 2 year old in the house. I do miss the sports though.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

I think that the media just subtly puts it out there who they want us to support, and also blatantly too...and then hope that the seed plants itself. Most of the time, it does. Media, as we know, is a powerful tool against the mindless masses.

top topics

join