It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Who Pray To God Worship Satan In Disguise

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactix

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by galactix

Judging by all the wars and disease and genocide and suffering and homelessness and pain and soiltude and drug addiction and lies and despair,we were hijacked by something that is most definitely evil...

i do not disagree with this sentiment. yet i hesitate to use the word 'evil'.

i see these things more of signs of imbalance, rather than actual 'evil'. this is cuz imbalance implies that all the forces at play are necessary, just existing in hurtful measures. The healing comes with acknowledgment and discipline, not denial and eradication, which is what we tend to do when 'evil' is involved.

i believe those that which we respond to as truly evil are those humans that are completely disconnected from the web of empathy: those humans science names "sociopaths", those for whom suffering (by an animal) means nothing. These are simply broken entities and the 'evil' response makes good sense here.. but so few of these actually exist.

we are sick. out of balance.

this will change.

Koyaanisqatsi...Hopi for "life out of balance"...Its most likely true...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It is wrong to blame God for the problems mankind has heaped upon itself. God says man governs man to his detriment. Adam rejected God's rulership, so man has been left to his own devices by his own choice, to follow in that rebellion. This is a very significant response to the challenge that man doesn't need God, & he we know better than he does... Clearly we don't. This world is what WE have allowed to happen. God is not involved because he is letting us see the damage we do under our own control. He will bring in his own kingdom when we have firmly established that life without God is not pleasant, & He is the only only one with the right to rule. Humans have ruined his planet, poisoned each other, killed his creatures. He is going to put a stop to it himself, but 1st he gives us the chance to get to know him by name. We cannot be friends with God if we don't know his name. Praying to 'God' is non-specific. He gave us his name, but a priest won't tell you what it is...It would be a sin to Gods face to lie about God,in God's name..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by honestyblaze
This world is what WE have allowed to happen. God is not involved

such pride.

do u really believe God is not involved?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

such pride.

Lets do a little reality math... God+Auschwitz = There is no God or a God that is evil....God+Children are murdered = There is no god or God is evil...
edit on 17-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i like ur sig:
"We must be strong enough to face The Truth no matter what it is and learn to accept it without fear and without denial"

tho i would have said it thusly:
"We must be strong enough to face The Truth no matter what it is and learn to accept it despite fear and without denial"

courage is not action without fear.
courage is action despite fear

no fear:no courage

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Lets do a little reality math... God+Auschwitz = There is no God or a God that is evil.

God + the Renaissance = there is no God or a God that is good.

tit for tat

look, Blocula, God is at play in everything, but 'everything' is very very big (defining big as earth not universe), and like us She is only marginally in control of Herself.

She can be deceived just as we can.... by compelling thoughts.

the conscious mind is a new thing. Lucifer just 'recently' thrown from the Kingdom of Heaven.

we have to CHOOSE to listen: many do not: pain ensues.

this is how i see it. this is what i observe in the world around me: we do not listen.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

we drift through this world of seven billion people,filled with hopelessness and despair and on a daily basis we are forced to face drug addiction,child abuse,hurricanes,theft,lies,car crashes,poisonous insects,starvation,wild animal attacks,thirst,murder,heat stroke,tornadoes,radioactive leaks,terrorist assaults,asteroid impacts,frost bite,rape,death,homelessness,abortion,disease,lightning strikes,nuclear disaster,mental retardation,war,earthquakes,genocide,arson,extortion,the grave,this sorry list goes on and on and on...

the countless flocks of blind faith sheeple in their hundreds of millions are all brainwashed followers.lonely people with lonely souls afraid of the dark.who are so easily misled and have been taken far astray from reality by evil and sinister powers,whom they unknowingly worship whenever they bow down and pray to this malevolent invisible being they call their god....

who i believe is actually satan in disguise.or the evil being that we have named satan and i believe that this evil unseen entity has hijacked the human race and feeds off of and grows stronger from the psychic energies that are produced within focal points whenever we gather inside our churches,mosques and temples.i cant think of anything more horrible than that and its all the more terrible when i look around at the sorry state of this world and then unfortunately realize that this is most likely the sad and dark truth,whats really going on and as this evil deceiver of our world,this invisible beast grows more and more powerful,the faster and faster we spin out of control as a society and race towards our doom,closer and closer to our final destination,dragged down into the abyss of fear and hate,hand in hand with this demonic monster and in denial we merrily stand at the gates of hell.
edit on 14-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

I can disprove your entire thread with 3 words. Faith, Hope and Love. The greatest of these is Love. I pray in the name of Yeshua ha Meshiach (who is called Jesus the Christ). If you follow anyone other than Yeshua then yes you follow Satan, because Yeshua is the prophecied Immanu'el, our God in person on earth and all you have to do is see his actions and teachings to know who he really is. Satan doesn't give any of these 3 things. He destroys, he takes your love and dashes your hopes and weakens your faith and in return he gives you hate, despair and religion.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

such pride.

Lets do a little reality math... God+Auschwitz = There is no God or a God that is evil....God+Children are murdered = There is no god or God is evil...

And where is the free will covenant in all this? In every damn bit of it down to the jews being shoved into ovens. God cannot step in and put a stop to any of this or he breaks the free will covenant which is why he came to earth in the form of a man, Yeshua ha Meshiach. You sit there and blame God for what man has done but it was men that were shoving jews into ovens and gaurding the Auschwitz internment camp. I didn't see God forcing any of them to do that, they were happy to do it on their own. Youre just another satanist looking to decieve people into turning their backs on God. If it wasn't for Yeshua this world would have torn itself apart by now, our God and his faithful are all that is keeping darkness from sweeping the world.

When WWII went down it was christian God fearing and God loving men from the U.S. and Russia who stepped up to the task and died stopping the anti-christ Hitler from sweeping the entire world and destroying what was left of God's people the jews. We lost millions of brothers in that war stopping one man who claimed to be one of us but by his actions was deemed the synagogue of satan. You want to see what Satan is capable of? All you have to do is look at what Hitler did.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by honestyblaze

He will bring in his own kingdom when we have firmly established that life without God is not pleasant, & He is the only only one with the right to rule. Humans have ruined his planet, poisoned each other, killed his creatures. He is going to put a stop to it himself, but 1st he gives us the chance to get to know him by name. We cannot be friends with God if we don't know his name.
I would suggest Jesus as an alternative to whatever religion you are going by now.
Jesus preached the Gospel which is the good news that the Kingdom of God has arrived. Isn't that great!
We don't have to wait for any future event. We can enjoy fellowship with God right now. Jesus paved the way for us by living a fully righteous life and he is like our elder brother who will help us to be like him. God is reigning right now in the hearts of those who believe in Jesus. The world does not have to experience some great cataclysmic event because Jesus did that for us, by experiencing the apocalypse in his own body. The world is saved and there is no need for a great slaughter or some diabolical oppressive government to force the people to be "good". The ability is by Grace, the gift of God of the spirit available to all men to be better persons with the spirit given through belief in the new name for God, which is Jesus Christ the Lord.
edit on 17-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Lets do a little reality math... God+Auschwitz = There is no God or a God that is evil.

God + the Renaissance = there is no God or a God that is good.

tit for tat

look, Blocula, God is at play in everything, but 'everything' is very very big (defining big as earth not universe), and like us She is only marginally in control of Herself.

She can be deceived just as we can.... by compelling thoughts.

the conscious mind is a new thing. Lucifer just 'recently' thrown from the Kingdom of Heaven.

we have to CHOOSE to listen: many do not: pain ensues.

this is how i see it. this is what i observe in the world around me: we do not listen.
During the Renaissance and in the very same areas,occurred also the "Burning Days" throughout which hundreds of thousands of innocent men,women and children were demonized,hunted,tracked down,captured,tortured,their property stolen and then murdered in the most horrible ways imaginable...So much for the Renaissance...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

During the Renaissance and in the very same areas,occurred also the "Burning Days" throughout which hundreds of thousands of innocent men,women and children were demonized,hunted,tracked down,captured,tortured,their property stolen and then murdered in the most horrible ways imaginable...So much for the Renaissance...

Ah, you speak of the Spanish Inquisition yesssss.

The thing about that is, it was perpetrated by the Roman Catholic Church Who was trying to put down the rebellion of the true followers of Christ who created the Protestant Movement so we could shake the yoke off of us from the synagogue of satan. All the people that were murdered by the Roman Catholic Church then were my brothers and sisters who refused to Goddess worship and bow down and kiss the ring of the anti-christ sitting on his mockery of God's mercy seat.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

every sword is double edged.

all clouds have silver linings.

the gray of wisdom is made of dark+light.

seeing only the light or only the dark lends one an incomplete picture which can lead to incorrect conclusions

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If you READ anything about Aushwitz, you will note that MEN did that. Men tortured, & enslaved. They starved their own kind, & it is about to happen again. Fema camps are not for no reason, but they are not for Gods purpose. Man created the league of nations, & then the UN, which are war machines.( The Beast of revelation) Far be it from God to act wickedly. Adam & Eve chose their own way. We have been allowed to prove God right, in that man cannot effectively govern man. We can't, because SOME MEN refuse to be equal. God is not a human that he should lie to us, but he has told us why these things have been permitted. & Yes, he permits it, but he certainly doesn't cause it. No doubt, God will kick my arse when the time comes, but he will only give me what I deserve.. No more, no less. His sense of justice demands it.. So I'm not worried...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Your ignorance seems to know no bounds.... It is God we must worship IN THE NAME OF THE SON. Jehovah is God, Jesus is his son. Jesus is not God. I follow the teachings of Christ the King IN HEAVEN, not 'inside me'. Read the Bible, will ya?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Nowhere does Jesus say that he is God. God is Jesus' father. He is not his own father... He doesn't pray to himself for help.. Surely if he was God, he wouldn't NEED God's help... let logic in!?!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Your ignorance seems to know no bounds.... It is God we must worship IN THE NAME OF THE SON. Jehovah is God, Jesus is his son. Jesus is not God. I follow the teachings of Christ the King IN HEAVEN, not 'inside me'. Read the Bible, will ya?
You are strange, just my impression, considering you do not consider yourself a Christian, you seem to be very opinionated on the subject. If Jehovah is the name of God, then there seems to be a problem, considering it never says anything like that in the New Testament.
Her's another thing I was reading last night that I found very interesting. It was coming from someone who seemed to be saying it in the way of a complaint, that the Gospel of John never makes any claim for sonship of Jesus from David, or that his kingship was in any way related to David.
One way to think of this, as a possible solution to why this may be, is what if David was a myth and not an actual king like the Old Testament says? Then if years later, there actually is an inspired holy book written such as there is a general claim for concerning the whole Bible canon, then how inspired would it seem if archaeologists concluded there in fact was no such King David as portrayed in the OT?
So I would apply the same principle to Jehovah, what if it turns out there never was a God, Jehovah and that was all made up? There seems to have never been a god, Jehovah as portrayed in the OT and it was a myth invented years after the fact to explain this mythological kingdom they want people to believe existed along with these great kings, David and Solomon. That would make the New Testament look pretty stupid, if it had the word, Jehovah, in it, as if it believed that god ever existed.

edit on 20-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Nowhere does Jesus say that he is God. God is Jesus' father. He is not his own father... He doesn't pray to himself for help.. Surely if he was God, he wouldn't NEED God's help... let logic in!?!

Jesus makes references throughout the entire new testament telling us who he really is, youre just not reading between the lines.

John 14: 8-12: Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father."

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

John 10:36: "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'? (why would Jesus saying "I am the son of God be blasphemy?")

John 1:1 "In the beginning there was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God" (Jesus Christ is the Living Word yes?)

John 20: 26-28 A week later the followers were in the house again. Thomas was with them. The doors were locked, but Jesus came and stood among them. Jesus said, "Peace be with you!" Then Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger here. Look at my hands. Put your hand here in my side. Stop doubting and start believing." Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"

Isaiah prophecied Christ as the coming Immanu'el which means "God with us" or "God in person".

Ask yourself. How can Jesus Christ dwell in all of his believers at the same time if he is not God? Only God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent (omnipresent means God can be everywhere).

By saying that Christ cannot be God, you are saying that God is not omnipotent and doesn't have the power to craft for himself a flesh and blood vessel to dwell in. God is the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit crafted Yeshua ha Meschiach and then dwelled in him. When Jesus said "I and my Father are One" he meant it in the literal sense.

Believe it! Our God walked this earth and walked amoung his people and they didn't even know who he was, but through his Holy Spirit he performed miracles so that the people could believe who he was and they worshipped him and he accepted it.

Snap to the present day time period. Everyone who has ever claimed to be Christ has died horribly and death came swiftly for them. Why? Why would claming to be Christ lead to your death? Because youre claiming to be God and he will punish you for it.

When christians pray, we say "In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen". Why? Why do we pray in Jesus' name instead of God's name? Do you know what YHWH means in hebrew? It means "the Lord". Think! The answers are right there before your eyes but until you see with your heart and not your eyes and your logical mind you will not see him for who he really is!

Isaiah 55:8 "Your thoughts are not my thoughts, your ways are not my ways".

Was Christ's ways, the ways of a man? Were his thoughts the thoughts of a man? Did Christ think and do as other men did? No he was nothing like other men. He forgave, even those who were banging in the nails into his hands and feet. Would you pray for and forgive those who were killing you? Would anyone else? He could have destroyed all of mankind if he wanted to, but he loved us too much to do it so he sacrificed his earthly body to free us from sin forever.

edit on 20-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am strange, but I got used to it.. "In the New Testament, likewise, KURIOS,
when used as a name of God...
corresponds to YHWH Jehovah,
and in this sense is applied."
- A Greek and English Lexicon
to the New Testament, by J. Parkhurst,
revised edition

"Our Father in heaven,
may YOUR name be kept holy."
(Matthew 6:9)(WE)-BibleGateway

"I will praise thy name for ever and ever..
Great is Jehovah, and greatly to be praised;
And his greatness is unsearchable."
(Psalm 145:2,3)(ASV)-BibleGateway

"He [Jesus] did not withhold
his father's name YHWH(Yehowah - Jehovah)
from us, but he entrusted us with it.
It is otherwise inexplicable
why the first petition of the Lord's Prayer
should read: 'May your name be sanctified!'"
- Wolfgang Feneberg; Entschluss/Offen (April 1985)

1. Anti-Semitic Feelings
The Jewish God of the Jewish Messiah
was hated and despised by the Greeks and Romans.
When Christianity became a State Religion of Rome -
All attempts to blot out the Hebrew origins of Jesus
were employed - and Removing God's Name from the Bible
was a major attempt to obscure Jesus' Jewish heritage.
I love God, I love Jesus, but I still do things I shouldn't. If I could behave, I would be a christian,I can't be Christian & a hypocrite. I got stuff from several sources & just c&p'd . But the information is the same... I thought this one was good,

THE REASON GOD'S NAME
IS MISSING FROM MANY BIBLES

"...the distinctive Hebrew name for God
- usually transliterated Jehovah,
is in this translation
represented by "LORD."
- Today's English Version (preface)

First off, it was a MISTAKE to remove God's Name
from the bible.

WHY ?

As Author of the Bible, Only God himself has the
right to change or alter the Bible. God himself
gave mankind a warning - in his own Word - The Bible;
to NOT add to - NOR take away from his Words.

"I warn everyone who hears the words
of the prophecy of this book:
If anyone adds anything to them,
God will add to him the plagues
described in this book.
And if anyone takes words away
from this book of prophecy,
God will take away from him
his share in the tree of life."
(Revelation 22:18,19)(NIV)-BibleGateway

- A MISTAKE -
"...the suppression
of The Name (Jehovah)
has entailed upon the reader,
and especially upon the hearer,
irreparable loss...
its suppression was a MISTAKE..."
--Rotherham, 1, Ch. IV, 22-29

"...the most common "ERROR" made by most
translators in the last 3500 years...is their
elimination of heaven's revealed Name of
the Most High, Yahweh (Jehovah)"
- A. B. Traina;
in the Preface of the Holy Name Bible
"The substitution of the word "Lord" is most unhappy;
for...it in NO WAY represents the meaning of the
sacred name (Jehovah)..."
- The 1872 edition of Smith's Bible Dictionary

THE BASIC REASONS THAT TRANSLATORS
REMOVED GOD'S NAME FROM THE BIBLE :
1. Anti-Semitic Feelings
The Jewish God of the Jewish Messiah
was hated and despised by the Greeks and Romans.
When Christianity became a State Religion of Rome -
All attempts to blot out the Hebrew origins of Jesus
were employed - and Removing God's Name from the Bible
was a major attempt to obscure Jesus' Jewish heritage.

"Well, be assured that the God that the Jews
worship - is the very same God that we worship.
Their sacred writings, the Law and the Prophets,
we revere and read aloud in our meetings.
And because we worship this God of the Jews,
the one thing we cannot be accused of is novelty."
--Glimpses Issue #139 :
Why Early Christians Were So Despised;
Ken Curtis PH.D., Beth Jacobson,
Diana Severance Ph.D.,
Ann T. Snyder and Dan Graves. ©2003
by Christian History Institute.
"The Octavius of Minicius Felix" ;
2nd century A.D.

2. Support of Trinitarian Doctrine
When Rome voted to adopt the Trinity doctrine of
the numerous Pagans in her empire - The Name of
God - YHWH (translated Jehovah in English) -
interfered and hindered the Newly Adopted teaching
That Jesus was the Almighty God - Jehovah.
Rome paid her translators to remove God's name
almost Seven Thousand Times (7,000) from the Bible., & this:God's name Jehovah/Yahowah appears in the original hebrew
text about 7000 times, but the NIV fails to mention it even once.
When asked about this, Edwin H. Palmer, Th.D.,
Executive Secretary for the NIV's committee wrote :

"Here is why we did not : You are right - that Jehovah is
a distinctive name for God and ideally we should have
used it. But we put 2 1/4 million dollars into this
translation and a sure way of throwing that
down the drain is to translate, for example,
Psalm 23 as, 'Yahweh (Jehovah) is my shepherd... I googled Gods name in NT... & Gods name missing,,,

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

.. I googled Gods name in NT... & Gods name missing,,,
Some people will probably be happy about that. It just looks like theory and myth to me. I had a big run in with this guy on another forum a while back who actually owns a pretty important Jehovah's Witness web site and I had an opportunity to see his best evidence and to refute it. There is a reason why I make outrageous sounding claims and it is because of experiences like that. None of these claims on the other side hold up to close scrutiny, they are pablum for people who already believe it for one reason or another. Open minded people who know the facts are not going to buy into it.
What I am looking at with displeasure is the push to create this new trinity out of Catholicism Judaism and Islam, to put everyone under a theocracy where the three religions merge together as long as everyone picks out one of the three to be subjected to their authority and to be good orthodox believers, while all heretics will be suitably punished, as in dead.This is the plan of the new world order to put us back into a medieval feudalistic governmental system of serfs and aristocrats and clergy and the military.
So you have people like yourself who are religious chameleons to promote the idea, that we all believe in the same God. That to me is pure deception and the shackles of slavery.
I suggest everyone take a very close look at the Statue of Liberty, at the feet of Liberty, that she is stepping away from the broken chains and manacles of the slavery of a theocratic system that they had to fight bloody wars to free themselves from. We should never be so foolish as to walk right back into that slavery.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Any reasoning person would not come to a conclusion about God without using their own mind to determine what makes sense. The bible isn't immediately apparently 'sensible'. I tried to just read it off the bat, but like most people, I wasn't interested past the bits of stories I recognized... When I read the apostles, they corroborated each other on many things,so I started looking for things that the others had said, so there was often 2 sources of the same information. Then I learned that the law, where if there are 2 witnesses, then there is no dispute, so reasoning led me to conclude that I can trust the bible. There is no priest in God's church except Jesus. I often think of going to the catholic church near my house & asking the priest to explain not using God's name. I think it would be a riot! There is much fun to be had in learning about God, & in showing the falsehood that has misled people for centuries.. Them thinking their debt to God are paid because they paid a priest lots of money for years but in fact, God never got a penny!! & we are all accountable for how we live. I find people can be good, relatively, but Government is wicked, & makes people do wicked things for the people representing gov! I care about people, but I hate what this world has become. Full of strawmen who have no idea who they are or why they are here, or worse still, who created the strawman they represent!! (google strawman if you haven't already)...It's a bloody big rabbit-hole....

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join