It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Who Pray To God Worship Satan In Disguise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
think about this...theres a tornado that destroys an entire town with 500 homes demolished except one, that was relatively undamaged and 57 people killed.total death and destruction everywhere and in the middle of all this chaos, i see a person standing next to a sheet of plywood with the words "thank god" that they spray painted on it and a news crew is interviewing this person who says,"its a miracle" "my home was spared" "thank god i'm alive"....wait a minute here!... THANK GOD?... FOR WHAT??? yeah...okay... lets "thank the god" who was kind enough to spare your home but was'nt kind enough to save the other 500!!!...and then this person says, "thank the lord for saving my life"...WHAT!!! about the 57 dead people??? i see this same thing happening time and time again.don't you understand whats going on here? we have been so seduced by this evil being we call satan,disguised as god,that even in the face of total destruction,we are still thanking him for it and praying to him for it...this blows my mind away and is terrifying...
edit on 14-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
reply to post by blocula

If you punctuated your sentences, used correct sentence structure and provided citations to your claims, I would be tempted to research what you say. Since you do none of this, why should I consider your claims? With all the books and research available to me, why should this thread convince me that the God of love is really tricking me into love instead of selfish desire? Are you saying selfish desire is good? Would selfish pride cure the ills of society? What exactly is the aim of this supposed illusion as you see it?

funny you should down grade my sentence structure.earlier today at "jolly old work", i was looking through time magazine and the article i was reading had sentences and long paragraphs without any breaks structured and printed out..."just like mine are"...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Prison planet indead. In some things them religious nutters might be more right then they know or can actually know.

This world/existence seems like it is were all the scum and filth of the universe end up and come, and if you are here then you have some guilt in some cosmic crime, or as it is better known "original sin". It was originally designed to trap all of them and phase it all into a different existence/universe and to keep funneling there souls into it for all of eternity. And like flies to the light in the darkness they come.

That is about as basic as you can get on it. However things change and providence has decided to see its worth and so we go trough the layers to different phases and existences ever so slowly. And so it shall all be tried, and judged, and found either worthy or unworthy of this or that, and of such and whatnot. And that will decide were it ends up and what it becomes eventually.

So yes Good is Evil, God is Satan, and the devil lived. However the one who is in charge of this whole existence and place is both the god and the devil of it, you see it likes to play many parts. But Its all just an act and its definitely bat shi t crazy to actually chose to be here when it could be an infinite many other way better places, worlds, and existences. But supposedly in the end we are all one, and have no choice but to be here no matter who we are or which part we play. Because in the end we all will play all the parts whether we want to or not.

But the favorite part that this jokester/god/devil likes to play is....the fool.

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” ― William Shakespeare, The Tempest

Another symptom of were we are going and what we have chosen is expressed bellow.

“People’s good deeds we write in water. The evil deeds are etched in brass.” ― William Shakespeare

It seems that now a days all the evil deeds are not only etched in brass, but they are constantly hanged over every persons neck and etched into there very eye's and minds, with every passing day. Such a doomy and gloomy little world we live in.

The good deeds whoever...well who looks for the good deeds in this day and age of boundaries being released? Oh yes there is magic in the air, and in the airwaves that are beamed all over the place.
Its all just a matter of what do you see when you look right in front of you.

You would be surprised how many people look at the same thing and see totally different things. That as much everybody is starting to get even if they are getting it kind of slowly. And as so, and soon even by mortal terms of this thing called time, new boundaries will be released.

Op what do you see on the brass plates that is put always in front of your eyes?

Why does humanity always write in stone its pitfalls and its tripwires and its evils, and its good it writes in water?

There are answers to both of those questions, that go deep and far.

edit on 14-9-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the "cathars" knew what was going on and for telling everyone what they believed, that god was evil, the demented pope ordered thousands of them killed and hundreds burnt at the stake! > read the headline "human condition" in this link,its very similar to my thread > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Look you still arguing god is evil.

All that humanity has created is both good and evil, and in different circumstances and hands it can go either way.

So yes god is evil, god is good, god cares, god does not care at all. And anything you or other can think of is what god can be.

Don't you get it yet, we are all gods in our own right. We are the cause of everything that we deem evil or good. And when Jesus said ye shall be as gods, well in this time or another time, in this place or another place, we wont have a choice but to take responsibility for our actions and all that we have created.

So yes your right and wrong at the same time, and the fun has just begun. I't will get a lot more crazier down the road, and eventually everybody will reach a place were even there ignorance wont be able to save them from themselves and whats coming. Some of us are just a little ahead of the curb and can see it all in hindsight, that is all.

And remember that even "against ignorance the gods themselves struggle in vain."

All that humans have created with there minds and grasped of the world and universe around them, is but there own cage. In the end all of civilization with all our toys and even all the money in the world wont be able to save you, or any of us from a random natural act of god or nature or whatever you want to call that which you can not understand. So things such as a tornado, or even a meteor the size of Texas falling on your head, will end all of humanities so called glories and greatness in a second.

Some say nature is more powerful then god, and some say god is more powerful then nature, and some say that they are both one thing, or two side of a coin. I say, that what they all think does not matter if they want to test there boundaries against the greater unknown and the nameless and ungraspable and unknowable power that holds us all here. Then they will find that many have tried, and all have failed.

Trying to grasp what god is, or if it is good or evil for humanity or what god thinks or knows or why. Is like an ant trying to understand calculus, the day you can teach an ant to do that, i would say it will be time to learn a thing or two about omnipotent and omniscient powers/entities.To practice I would suggest starting by teaching monkeys to speak English and moving to harder things from there and eventually move on up to trying to teach an ant calculus.

Till then I think humanity's time will be spent on trying not to piss on its own leg every-time it goes to the bathroom. Or trying to have a conversation about different believes and silly religions and actually understanding something of each-other without all the hot air, and posing that goes on, or the occasional trying to kill the other guy because his invisible friend is a bit different, then the other guys invisible friend.

So make all the rules about god that you want, just remember they are just nails in your own coffin. Because your just making rules about yourself and your unknowns that you don't want to face or cant begin to understand. And one day all those rules will dawn on you and all who made them.

And quit trying to give something that is nowhere near human, a bunch of human traits like being good or evil. Really as of yet life does not matter. People live... people die, the best you can do is enjoy it while it last, and even in that it will be more of a challenge then we will be capable of doing. So handle all that you can and is withing your grasp to handle, because that is all that you can do.

All this blaming conceptual all powerful entities for you own shortcomings is very illogical, and its starting to stink to high heaven, and if there is a god no doubt he is giving himself/itself a godly face-palm right about now.

By my understanding if there is such a thing as god, then logically like nature it simply is and it would be above good or evil. And looking at the world around me that seems to be the case. However there are many versions of this being called "god", and some say that we will all meet our maker/god when we die. And so I will ask god what is up, when I meet it/he/she or whatever god is.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pterblade

The best feeling from all this comes from within because that's where God is. He is the creator so he is in everything that lives.
God does not live in buildings but in people.
Worship is hearing God as He presents Himself to you.
People create an architecture in which to contain God but he does not submit to it and can not be forced to comply.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

funny you should down grade my sentence structure.earlier today at "jolly old work", i was looking through time magazine and the article i was reading had sentences and long paragraphs without any breaks structured and printed out..."just like mine are"...

I am not saying this to be critical. I am merely pointing out the obvious. The things in life that challenge us the most are the very lessons we need to overcome before we can realize truth. If you are disturbed by what I say, then you are only inches away from being astonished at what God can do in your life if you only seek Him from the heart. Satan is not YHWH. They are opposite. God represents all that is good in the world.

Gospel of Thomas

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all."

When I commented to you, I was merely pointing out that you are trampling on knowledge and wisdom apart from understanding. Simple things, like capitalizing sentences, reveals the need for growth. Proclaiming understanding to the world starts with mastery of basic ideas and skills. If the foundation of basic knowledge is weak, no mastery over understanding can be gained. It is presumptuous to fix your mindset in place before you give your mind a chance to grow and develop mastery over the world. If you want to overcome the evil in this world, start by right actions in all areas of your life. Work your way out to an expanded awareness through faith in the supreme good in life. Pride and a fixed mindset against the God is a fixed mindset against truth and. You will only be able to connect the dots when you look back at where you have been. Take the time to overcome the world and then take a look back for answers when you have mastery over basic skills and concepts.

1 Corinthians 13

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 15-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
we are left with two choices. either there is no god, or, god is evil. hundreds of millions of people every day and night "are fanatically worshiping and praying to a god" and whille they bow down and pray, they realize at the same time that they are trapped in a world filled with misery and despair, filled with extortion, mental retardation, drug addiction, murder, war, genocide, nuclear disaster, earthquakes, floods, arson, rape, disease,ect,ect,ect, so they must be worshipping a god who either does'nt exist or worshipping a god who just sits back and thoughtlessly allows all the evil in this world to run rampant and does nothing about it, so they are worshipping an evil being. actually praising and thanking him for allowing evil to thrive in our world. a god that supposedly was powerful enough to create the heavens and the earth, but who at the same time is'nt powerful enough to stop all those evils that i listed and sooooo many others !?!?!?!?!?

the evil entity we call satan is the one who created the earth, the material realm,in other words "hell" and then somehow put our souls into physicl bodies as a way to torture and punish us and death is the only way to get out of "hell" away from its evil grasp. the god of the bible, or the koran, or whatever else, is an evil beast who is worshipped and praised and is thus empowered to carry on. and that to me, is the greatest conspiracy in the history of humanity..."even while trapped within this material prison of hell, we still praise our captor, we still worship its evil creator" !!!!
edit on 15-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
think about this...theres a tornado that destroys an entire town with 500 homes demolished except one, that was relatively undamaged and 57 people killed.total death and destruction everywhere and in the middle of all this chaos, i see a person standing next to a sheet of plywood with the words "thank god" that they spray painted on it and a news crew is interviewing this person who says,"its a miracle" "my home was spared" "thank god i'm alive"....wait a minute here!... THANK GOD?... FOR WHAT??? yeah...okay... lets "thank the god" who was kind enough to spare your home but was'nt kind enough to save the other 500!!!...and then this person says, "thank the lord for saving my life"...WHAT!!! about the 57 dead people??? i see this same thing happening time and time again.don't you understand whats going on here? we have been so seduced by this evil being we call satan,disguised as god,that even in the face of total destruction,we are still thanking him for it and praying to him for it...this blows my mind away and is terrifying...
and what about this ^^^ ? for me,the only way to explain it ^^^ is that we praise and worship an evil being we have named satan while trapped within the horrors of hell...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Depends which name you use, "god" is a title that Satan has too.
If you use God's personal name, then no you aren't worshiping or preying to Satan.

Psalms 83:18

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Depends which name you use, "god" is a title that Satan has too.
If you use God's personal name, then no you aren't worshiping or preying to Satan.

Psalms 83:18
we are either worshiping a being that just sits back and does nothing, while people endlessly wither and decay from hate and war and so this being is evil and is therefore also a sinister accomplice, a diabolic architect of our misery...or...we are worshiping a being that does'nt exist...and the fact that hundreds of millions of sheeple flock into their churches, mosques and temples to praise and pray and "surrender their souls" !!! to god, every single day all over the world, then god does exist and it is an evil entity, a demonic beast that controls and punishes us and most of the world has been tricked and fooled and are now walking hand in hand with this evil god through the opening gates of hell, blinded by denial, singing and dancing every step of the way, towards their damnation and doom...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Simple answer...

FREE WILL

Akushla

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Simple answer...

FREE WILL

Akushla
then are you saying that the hundreds of millions of sheeple that endlessly flock into their churches, mosques and temples are worshiping, praying to and surrendering their souls to "free will??? i don't think so, they worship, pray to and surrender their souls to a god,a name they constantly think of and speak when they worship and pray....to god ...not free will...so where does free will fit in ???

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Simple answer...

FREE WILL

Akushla
the are you saying that the hundreds of millions of sheeple that endlessly flock into their churches, mosques and temples are worshiping, praying to and surrendering their souls to "free will??? they worship, pray to and surrender their souls to a god,a name they constantly say and speak when they worship and pray....to god ...not free will...so where does free will fit ???

No..I'm saying that arrogant blockheads want to ignore the simple FREE WILL equation, and somehow turn an argument around and blame a god for the vagaries of nature or, blame a god for the decisions made by man through the precept of FREE WILL.

Its just really THE most stupidest and tiredest argument of all time...humanising a deity...

Akushla

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
the free will equation does not fit into the fact that "a god is being prayed to" by perhaps billions of people every day and night. who are literally surrendering their souls to a god that just sits back and watches,volcanic eruptions,tornadoes,child abuse,death camps,earthquakes,murder,war,suicide,drug addiction,homelessness,hate,fear,rape,arson,floods,pain,ect,ect,ect, happen over and over,"and does nothing about it " !!! children are mutilated and murdered!!! and yet they still pray to this god!!! a god that was powerful enough to create the earth, but not caring or powerful enough to stop all this horror and misery that we endure...an evil being that we call satan created the earth and that is who they are worshiping and giving their souls to...this is unbelievable and terrifying because it is true..."its" not getting my soul,thats for sure...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

the free will equation does not fit into the fact that a god is being prayed to by perhaps billions of people every day and night. who are literally surrendering their souls to a god that just sits back and watches,volcanic eruptions,tornadoes,child abuse,death camps,floods,murder,war,suicide,drug addiction,homelessness,hate,fear,rape,arson,floods,pain,ect,ect,ect, happen over and over,"and does nothing about it ' !!! children are mutilated and murdered!!! and yet they still pray to this god!!! a god that was powerful enough to create the earth, but not caring or powerful enough to stop all this horror and misery that we endure...an evil being that we call satan created the earth and that is who they are worshiping and giving their souls to...this is unbelievable and terrifying because it is true..."its" not getting my soul,thats for sure...

Then you know absolutely nothing about FREE WILL, bunny!

Volcanic eruptions - nature
Tornados - nature
Floods - nature

PAIN - FREE WILL !
MUTILATION - FREE WILL !
MURDER - FREE WILL !
CHILD ABUSE - FREE WILL !
DEATH CAMPS -FREE WILL !
MURDER - FREE WILL !
WAR - FREE WILL !
SUICIDE -FREE WILL !
DRUG ADDICTION - FREE WILL !
RAPE - FREE WILL !
FEAR - FREE WILL !

Once again, humanising a deity is the ultimate conceit.
Anthropomorphising a deity is ridiculous. A stupid argument which is tired.

Akushla

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

we are left with two choices. either there is no god, or, god is evil. hundreds of millions of people every day and night "are fanatically worshiping and praying to a god" and whille they bow down and pray, they realize at the same time that they are trapped in a world filled with misery and despair, filled with extortion, mental retardation, drug addiction, murder, war, genocide, nuclear disaster, earthquakes, floods, arson, rape, disease,ect,ect,ect, so they must be worshipping a god who either does'nt exist or worshipping a god who just sits back and thoughtlessly allows all the evil in this world to run rampant and does nothing about it, so they are worshipping an evil being. actually praising and thanking him for allowing evil to thrive in our world. a god that supposedly was powerful enough to create the heavens and the earth, but who at the same time is'nt powerful enough to stop all those evils that i listed and sooooo many others !?!?!?!?!?

There is, at least, a third choice:

That, the ruler of this world is not God, but is evil-- which is the traditional Christian claim.

You told a very poignant story about the one house of 500 spared from destruction and the arrogance of the owners claiming God saved them. Why did they not denounce the evil which took the other 500? The answer to that question is important, I think.

What did they claim of their neighbors? Did thy not see that their own possessions and prosperity was a sign of God's favor; then is it not implicit that they also were likely to have seen the evil done to their neighbors as God's punishment on their neighbors?

Yet, 98% of believers will behave exactly that way, which is nothing but arrogant self-justification, and that may very well be evil. But their arrogance and their ignorance is no proof that the God they hold as Good is not good. It just means that they don't "get it."

Yep. People win the lottery, they credit God. People lose a child, they blame God. Such things have nothing to do with faith and everything to do with presumption. Where is evil in this? If evil is, it is hiding; choosing not to reveal itself except by activity and perhaps the rare personal encounter.

the evil entity we call satan is the one who created the earth, the material realm,in other words "hell" and then somehow put our souls into physicl bodies as a way to torture and punish us and death is the only way to get out of "hell" away from its evil grasp. the god of the bible, or the koran, or whatever else, is an evil beast who is worshipped and praised and is thus empowered to carry on. and that to me, is the greatest conspiracy in the history of humanity..."even while trapped within this material prison of hell, we still praise our captor, we still worship its evil creator" !!!!

Well, that is but a claim. My own personal experience is contrary to that claim, so the stalemate exists in opposing claims. That stalemate is ancient, and so certainly foreseeable.

It is for that reason I do not post, a thread "PROOF that God is, and That God is Good!" I believe it, have experience to back it up, have a "reasonable and holy hope" and dedicated my life to the certainty I have of it-- fully aware that none of those convinces another. It is not intended to convince.

But your thread? Why does it exist and what does it purpose if anything other than a need to state your claim?

Now I tell you; I lost a child, and it was not to random chance. I am quite capable of hunting down the parties responsible. I very much want to-- because I want justice. Long ago, I realized that a jury would probably not seek to convict me if I did. But I knew doing so would change who I am-- conflict with that reasonable and holy hope.

About two years ago I was interrupted while sitting in a coffee house working a crossword puzzle. Accustomed to visions, I was not overly startled to find myself crossing the street two blocks away. I even sipped my coffee as the vision took place. A "man" came up behind me in the vision and we spoke. One of the many personal things the "man" told me included that my failure to act on the justice I crave is similar to that of my Father in Heaven-- His not acting in this world to right every wrong is restraint because of Who He is. And I knew full well what He will do, in time. The sense of it was that the pain my lost son knew and which causes me agony, is also agony to my Father in Heaven, and that my own agony, not just that of my son, is also the cause of tears in heaven.

And in all of that, it is clear to me, that the One True God participates in my life, in my soul; and that in my small way, I participate with Him.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

There is, at least, a third choice: That, the ruler of this world is not God, but is evil-- which is the traditional Christian claim.

Never been comfortable with that dualism.

Do you mean this in the Gnostic sense? Where the Jewish God is a "demiurge"?

In my mind, God can only be everything. As he says clearly in Isaiah

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

To separate existence into two separate mutually existing realms, to me, is inexcusable. God is everything. At different points in the existential ladder, he appears as something different, but nonetheless, He is one in his simplicity. He is nothing other then one.

Yep. People win the lottery, they credit God. People lose a child, they blame God. Such things have nothing to do with faith and everything to do with presumption. Where is evil in this? If evil is, it is hiding; choosing not to reveal itself except by activity and perhaps the rare personal encounter.

I personally take Jobs attitude. Bless God in both the good and the bad. Its somewhat of a stoic attitude. You thank God for the Good, whereas you reflect, and hope in Gods beneficence in the bad. But amidst the good and bad, you never forget that

"If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." Psalm 139:8

Man is not God. We do not know his ways. We do not perfectly understand our past sins, in this life, or an earlier one. We cannot know it all. We can simply be faithful, and trusting. Knowing that our labor for the one God will be for the good.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

the free will equation does not fit into the fact that "a god is being prayed to" by perhaps billions of people every day and night.

The counter point to that argument is an easy one. Again, you begin with a presumption that this world is God's Kingdom, and (implicitly) that this life is the only life.

Are not the prayers of which you refer to see God as the servant of man?

The Christian faith is not alone in claiming that the spiritual trajectory-- the teleology-- of man is to transcend, and transcendence is not found in the subduction of God to our wills in this oppressive kingdom of evil.

He said, I believe, "I will come down to raise them up."

-----

And the anthropocentric view is easily cast aside. Look at Somalia. Man can feed the hungry, and bind up the wounds of the injured, but man does not-- not many. Man says, "It is too dangerous." Other men say, "I will kill anyone who attempts to take away my power, and my power is food."

The vast majority of human beings really are more evil and more arrogant than is easy to admit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join