It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb at US Base Reminder of Raging Afghan War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Bomb at US Base Reminder of Raging Afghan War

www.military.com

KABUL, Afghanistan -- A powerful Taliban truck bomb that wounded 77 American Soldiers and killed five Afghans outside a combat outpost served as a reminder that 10 years after the Sept. 11 attacks, nearly 100,000 U.S. troops are still fighting a war that shows no signs of slowing down.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We have no right or need to be there, get our troops home now!

We are the foreign invaders here. If they invaded... oh... say... Texas, would we not be doing the same thing!

They never claimed responsibility for 9/11, and still don't...

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack. Earlier, they had issued a statement vowing to fight until all foreign troops leave. The radical Islamic movement, which gave shelter to Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida when it ruled Afghanistan, also stressed that it had no role in the Sept. 11 attacks, and it accused the U.S. of using them as a pretext to invade the country.

We need to end these foreign wars of conquest. We don't have enough money to pay Social Security checks but we still spend trillions on bombs and bullets and a priceless amount of our children's lives and souls.

In case you didn't know, we vets our killing ourselves off faster than these so called "enemies" because we can't live with what we've seen, done, and been through.

Get our troops home now!!!

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This was a great series v1.theglobeandmail.com... Talking to the Taliban.
There was another article that a reporter got a lot of flak for back in 09, 10 ish? I can;t find it know but he basicaly lived with them for a month out in the tribal villages and told their story. Much different than the MSM's portrait of women hating fanatics determined to destroy America.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Absolutely. Those people have been invaded by the west beginning with the British going back to the 1830's.

They the Afghans taught them a lesson about real warfare and subsequently handed the British their A$$E$ !!

Apparently the Aghans didn't necessarily stop the war for afternoon high Tea as the British did !

Afghanistan has a tremendous amount of wealth in natural resources, in some of the worlds largest Lithium deposits used in the batteries of our laptops and electric vehicles are in abundance there for pennies on the dollar I might add.

And not to mention the gravy is the healthy opium crops help pay the day to day expenses for MI6 and the CIA !
And why we currently have a worldwide Heroin epidemic.

This is Exactly why we are still there and will remain there until all of the natural resources and Opium are all used up..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
We've done what we set out to do. OBL is dead, and "al-Qaeda" as a functioning organization is defacto defunct in that country (they've all gone to find their 72 virgins in Libya; next stop, Syria.) As my wife, who is sitting beside me right now so astutely observed, "They'll never be able to kill all of the terrorists," and she's absolutely right. There may be a handful of al-Qaeda operatives left in AFG, but certainly they no longer present a threat worth spending a billion dollars a month fighting, nor are they worth another drop of American blood.

I think it's time we said farewell to this country with our heads held high while we still can. NO empire, country, or invading army has EVER prevailed against the Afghan people - they are just too stubborn to quit (mad respect for that) - not Ghengis Khan, not Alexander the Great, and not the U.S.S.R.; not even the U.S., with the mightiest war machine the world has ever seen, can hope to tame Afghanistan. It's time to get out while the getting is good.

"But OldCorp," once we leave, the Taliban will start another civil war and topple the government we've installed."

So what? It's their country, let them sort it out.

I have ZERO love for the Taliban, but I'm pretty sure that as an organization they had little or - more likely - nothing to do with 9/11. In my mind, they are a bunch of brutal, misogynistic, medieval animals; but who are we to tell them how to live? The Middle and Far East do not have the same roots that the Western world sprang from; they have no concept of democracy, and they don't want it. Who are we to force it down their throats? IMO any further "intervention" is a waste of out treasure and our blood.

If I were President, I would leave Afghanistan after inviting the leaders of the Taliban to tea in the Rose Garden and giving them this admonition: "If you want to run your country like a 14th century caliphate, that's your business; but if you ever, or by omission of action allow those enjoying your hospitality (Osama bin-Laden) to, attack this country again, you need to know that retaliation will be swift, brutal, and total. If any of you cave-dwellers happen to survive, you will be ruling over a sea of glass and mutant cockroaches."

So choose your slogan: "Game Over" or "Mission Accomplished;" but the time for us to leave that craphole is now.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If it wasn't Afganistan ,it be another country ,the military complex ,and arms industry have got to big ,coupled with the fact the US economy is literally propped up by war now ,it's become a vicious circle ,that will end badly for most of us.

new topics

top topics

join