It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So far, many predictions from near death experiencers have come true. Many more to go!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
About 5 years ago i got heavy into studying nde`s and read 2 dozen books on the topic. One of the interesting features where what these people saw about the future, and I built my life arond one of these, particularly the collapse of the US gov and US economy. Found myself a recession proof job, and have been saving ever since so i can go off grid and buy land with cob/strawbale housing and gardening.

Some interesting things mentioned by the nde`ers about the future.

3 days of darkness due to massive global volcanic eruptions
China at war with US, will invade the southern states
Massive US earthquake
US gov collapse due to debt
Food shortages and killing over food and water
East coast quakes.

There is much more awesome stuff on the website
link

All this to say that ive been knowing about these things for like 5+ years now and then have been watching them happen rightbefore my eyes. There seem to be other prophecies lining up with whats on this site as well

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the link.

I am gonna check it out ASAP.

S&F.

JOEL 2:28 "And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.

The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD."

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I noticed this quote in the link you posted:

During Ned Dougherty's NDE, a Lady of Light told him how to change the world to prevent these catastrophic visions of the future from happening:

I was told that the world could be saved, not by its leaders, but by prayer groups throughout the world. I was told that the prayers of a group of twenty could save a nation from war.

Do you not think that more than twenty people gathered to pray when their country was invaded during, say, the Second World War?

Or, perhaps, that countless people throughout Iraq prayed that America would not invade them?

Or, doesn’t Islam count?

Where’s the credibility for the site you linked – and any other “information” it contains - when it is so Christian-centric, and contains glaring mistakes?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
About 5 years ago i got heavy into studying nde`s and read 2 dozen books on the topic. One of the interesting features where what these people saw about the future, and I built my life arond one of these, particularly the collapse of the US gov and US economy. Found myself a recession proof job, and have been saving ever since so i can go off grid and buy land with cob/strawbale housing and gardening.

Some interesting things mentioned by the nde`ers about the future.

3 days of darkness due to massive global volcanic eruptions
China at war with US, will invade the southern states
Massive US earthquake
US gov collapse due to debt
Food shortages and killing over food and water
East coast quakes.

There is much more awesome stuff on the website
link

All this to say that ive been knowing about these things for like 5+ years now and then have been watching them happen rightbefore my eyes. There seem to be other prophecies lining up with whats on this site as well

Food shortages and killing for food and water has been going on for...ever so not really a prediction
Anybody could see the US gov collapsing due to debt so not really a prediction either

Same goes for the quakes...predicting quakes in an activ earthquake zone imagine that

Massive volcanic eruption ..supervolcano? well yeh thats got to happen eventually so unless they can predict when it happens its another pointless prediction

and i dont see China invading the US in this day and age.....but i guess it theoretically could happen but is unlikely...

Not trying to flame you OP and i love predictions as much as the next guy but i hate these sorts of predictions

Still an interesting read though and for that reason i flagged your thread =)

Have a nice day

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Where’s the credibility for the site you linked – and any other “information” it contains - when it is so Christian-centric, and contains glaring mistakes?

Actually, if you dig a little deeper, you'd find that its Universalist in its message.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I came to the same conclusions around 2002-3.

Wanted to build a monolithic dome, live off grid, and have multiple
escape plans.

Got only as far as the wife allowed - but am ready nonetheless.

The only * wildcard * is the inherent flux in predetermined FUTURE events;

ie., the hurricane may be barreling right at you, but swerve away at the last minute!

I believe strongly in the logic that time travel must exist in our worldline(s),

and if you know something about that - it explains everything.

everything.

edit on 9/14/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/14/2011 by drphilxr because: syntax, spelling, etc

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Actually, if you dig a little deeper, you'd find that its Universalist in its message.

That’s not what I meant. You’re evading the point.

That it is clearly logical to assume that more than twenty people gathered at any given moment in history just before their country was invaded, yet their country was still embroiled, ruined or decimated by war, clearly negates the quote I supplied from the site that prayer will save them.

Therefore, why should we believe anything else from it i.e., the “predictions” for the future?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
im very familiar with this site. ive been into nde since about 15 im 32 now. so i think i know quite a bit about this topic.

Hell nde are intresting in the fact that its not a eternity thing religon wants you to believe.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
I noticed this quote in the link you posted:

During Ned Dougherty's NDE, a Lady of Light told him how to change the world to prevent these catastrophic visions of the future from happening:

I was told that the world could be saved, not by its leaders, but by prayer groups throughout the world. I was told that the prayers of a group of twenty could save a nation from war.

Do you not think that more than twenty people gathered to pray when their country was invaded during, say, the Second World War?

Or, perhaps, that countless people throughout Iraq prayed that America would not invade them?

Or, doesn’t Islam count?

i wouldnt say christian based they have bhuddist nde and a few muslim nde.

where did you find glarring mistakes?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
is there no timeline for these??

If theres no timeline there is no credibility in prophecies, these could happen 100 years in the future or even more.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is not looking good, it's all doom for the future.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
is there no timeline for these??

If theres no timeline there is no credibility in prophecies, these could happen 100 years in the future or even more.

in most nde they just dont recieve dates just glimpses of what might occur. And the word that all beings are ment to do something positive with their lives.

so yes these things might occur 100 years from their death but highly unlikely. what would be the point in showing someone who just died what may occur in a 100 years. like i said before along with a message that their lives are meant to create a better world now, not in 100 yrs. when they cant do anything.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dont look at it as doom and gloom look at it as a better tommorow.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. Looking into this.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

That’s not what I meant. You’re evading the point.

That it is clearly logical to assume that more than twenty people gathered at any given moment in history just before their country was invaded, yet their country was still embroiled, ruined or decimated by war, clearly negates the quote I supplied from the site that prayer will save them.

No, really it doesn't. The quote says "could" - it COULD save them from war. And if it did, would we know? After all, there wouldn't have been a war if it had, would there? So we could say, for every time that war was averted, it worked. And those times that war occurred, it didn't. So, it doesn't work every time. Doesn't mean it doesn't work atall.

peace
J
edit on 14-9-2011 by skjalddis because: typo

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

where did you find glarring mistakes?

reply to post by skjalddis

The quote says "could" - it COULD save them from war. And if it did, would we know? After all, there wouldn't have been a war if it had, would there?

So what about all the wars that have happened – are happening now? Are you saying in those cases that there was absolutely no gathering of more than twenty people, praying feverishly for salvation?

What about that scenario, rather than speculating about what might have happened?

So we could say, for every time that war was averted, it worked. And those times that war occurred, it didn't. So, it doesn't work every time. Doesn't mean it doesn't work atall.

And what is the prerequisite for it to work?

And why, if that’s the case, are there conditions for prayer to save countless lives?

A choosy god?

Not praying hard enough?

I'm not being deliberately beligerent here, but, to me, these are glaring mistakes.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

What I was saying was that maybe, it simply doesn't ALWAYS work out. How the hell would I know what the prerequisites are. They're probably different in every case.

Maybe some wars are meant to happen. We come here to learn and people generally learn more from hardship than having an easy life because a lot of folk don't learn stuff unless they have to.

That's as much as I'm gonna say on the issue. I'm not arguing it any further because it's a side issue on what COULD be a good thread, if it hasn't been killed already.

peace
J
edit on 15-9-2011 by skjalddis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
^^^^^^ sorry not quite following you here ^^^^^^^^

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InshaAllah
^^^^^^ sorry not quite following you here ^^^^^^^^

TBH I wouldn't bother, I'd just take a diversion and go right back to the original topic of predictions from NDE experiencers, a fascinating subject IMO

I've always been intrigued about the account of Lou Famoso, where he was told about something called "the gathering".

Lou Famoso's experience

peace
J

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

That's as much as I'm gonna say on the issue. I'm not arguing it any further because it's a side issue on what COULD be a good thread, if it hasn't been killed already.

As you wish.

You think I'm a skeptic, and you're wrong.

We've all lost someone we love and long to know where they went.

I simply read the link you provided – one that you insist supports your beliefs – and found illogical inconsistencies in it.

To me, that suggests that the “information” on that site is deliberately created (as in false) to support an ongoing belief system.

But if it’s real, and considering there is no apparent explanation for the “twenty people can stop a war” concept, maybe we are missing a deeper meaning that we have yet to unveil and are blindly misunderstanding the message.

Still, you obviously only want to discuss the feel-good factor it gives you. And that’s fine.

But with an attitude like that, it probably won’t get you anywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join