It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark poetry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't know if I'm allowed to put this here or not... It is not a short story, it's dark poetry that I would like to share. If you read it, I hope you enjoy it. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions all welcomed.

If it doesn't belong here please let me know, I'm happy to delete it... Thanks!

I have a friend, his name is pain

Tripping on power and low self esteem, like a razor cutting jagged pieces of my heart bit by bit, unholy, deceiving, pathetic and weak.

Flawed and distorted are the lies, the sweaty skin that you despise.

Parasitic and lonely, lacking self control, a dark side raging and insensitive.

Too much hate, controlling you and changing me forever.

The storm raged on and it ate me alive as I threw away trust.

Apathetic and nothing hurts, obligations that are weathered with doubt and regret, you bring down every person and soul around you. The blood won't wash off your hands and beauty is only obscene growing in your cold heart.

A total screw up... delusional hated and scarred.

Narcissistic and needy, relentless, uncaring, keeping secrets and hiding... emotionless as far as anyone can see. God how I love to hate you. So much that it grows into a massacre.

The chaos in the eyes of this sadomasochistic angel, ruin and rot in the home where so much of my blood has been spilled down decaying stairs, and countless hallways where portraits of madmen, slayers and cutters watch the sheep led unknowingly to their razor.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I will tell you for your own good, its not that good. But hey we all have to star some where.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Thanks. I threw it out there from my head so... what would make it better? Any constructive suggestions?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

When giving a negative critique, wouldn't it be fair to at least give some indication as to why you have decided to pan the work?

What I read from your post, as far as constructive criticism goes, is a big fat zero and an unrelated whinge about stars.

edit on 14/9/11 by masqua because: could be a typo (star/start)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks
I was wondering about that myself.

I am looking for criticism… positive, negative, whatever.
If someone feels that its just bad that’s fine but a reason might be nice so I can learn something maybe?

Oh well, if nothing else it’s out here and not just stuck in my head anymore

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think its intriguing ,and seems to tell a story... in a shadowy sort of way.

It definitely is sad,and full of pain.. .. but much of life is.

I'm happy you got it out of your head and on paper...and I'm sure there are souls who can relate to the pain and disappointment it describes.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Thanks for the comment Gabby, I appreciate your input.
Is that how it makes you feel personally? I think it's interesting how different people interpret things...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

when i read it..it just seemed to portray someone who had lost trust..due to cruelty..

it was difficult to understand at some points who the author was talking about..someone else..or the author ?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Wow.
I like it. It's good to get your anger out and on paper. Getting it out like this can be healthy. It's way better than taking it out on someone!
Just try not to let the anger control you....

Overall, it's really good. I wish I could let mine out in public like this..in a good way..instead of in the middle of reptilian threads where I'm liable to get banned!

new topics

top topics

join