It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans jumping on the anti federal reserve bandwagon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I Just read this article HERE

Now maybe I haven't been paying too much attention, but I dont remember many candidates besides Ron Paul really trying to bash on the fed.

Rick Perry reiterated that Ben Bernanke might be guilty of treason for instituting a bond buying program. Michele Bachmann said she wants to put the central bank on "such a tight leash that they're going to squeak." Other complaints: The Fed should be audited. Its policies are weakening the dollar. It has almost unlimited power.

And Ron Paul -- a notorious Fed basher -- wasn't even asked to weigh in!

It appears to me that they are seeing some of his talking points become popular and are trying to hijack it and once again not give Paul attention for it in a clever one-two punch.

Im glad that they all want to put the fed inline, and I hope that they do if any of them end up winning, but at least let Paul get in on the discussion since in my opinion he was one of the original campaigners for it.

Ron Paul lover or not, what do you think?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They aren't really anti-fed.

They all said reform it or something stupid like that.

Central banking is the problem here and RP is the only one to come out against it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think an investigation/audit needs to be done, not that the evidence is not right in our face as it is. Then file criminal charges against Bernanke. I think that this is one situation the American people should not accept anything less than a guilty conviction. It is time, we, the American people start making examples of these people and Bernanke is the perfect candidate to be made an example of.

Arrest Bernanke!!!
edit on 14-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Yea I guess you're right, they don't say to get rid of it completely like Ron Paul does, but i'm very surprised other republicans would mention reforming it because they would be getting rid of their own free money pit.

Although saying something and actually doing something are two entirely different stories.

new topics

top topics

join