It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa States They Have no idea what these Orbs Of Light UFO's Are!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

But please tell me .. how do you chase space junk ? Do we turn on the ISS boosters to chase it ?? Or perhaps we send the shuttle to chase it ?

No kidding! HAHAHAHA! If we "chased" all the space junk that's up there, NASA would have to have a separate program just for THAT ALONE. LMAO

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

nice one
beat me to it

s for you
edit on 14-9-2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

NASA chase space junk do they? No wonder they're having trouble getting funding

edit- others beat me to it.
edit on 14/9/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ah the old "We don't know what it is" "ALIENS!! ZOMG!!1!! ALIENS" trick eh?

Right outa the M. Cohen playbook!

:shk:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Maybe they trace space junk....?

Sounds like a case of verbal pareidolia to me...

edit on 14/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I've just scanned this thread, and you're the first one to mention aliens. Nobody else has. Orbs of light, and UFOs have been mentioned, but noone has said anything about aliens. Please stop trying to project ridicule into this thread to try and trash it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The youtube video has "alien" and "aliens" as tags...

So clearly, it's aimed at people looking for alien videos.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

The man at the end of the video was talking about space junk. They spot space junk all the time, and some of it is so small they never really figure out what it is, or exactly where it came from. Stuff falls off the shuttle all the time...
I knew that's how skeptics would interpret it as soon as he said it. He left it very open ended. As always.

EDIT: I think it would really help if they were clearer about it. If they actually did think it was just space junk then why would they out-right claim they don't really have a clue what the objects could be. They could just say "oh it's likely just space junk reflecting from the sun"

Within the context of the issue, it is clear. You can hear in the beginning of the video that the woman is talking about the heat shield, and how they performed a survey of the ship's exterior after detecting these objects underneath the shuttle following an equipment test. At the point where the video picks up in the press briefing, it's already assumed that the objects are debris associated with the shuttle, and the guy is explaining things as though that's already clear - his point is that the debris isn't evidence that the heat shield has been compromised. Since that's what they're concerned about and they've ruled it out, the objects can be dismissed as debris and the spokesman assures us that this is a common occurrence. Since these guys see this sort of stuff all the time, it doesn't occur to them to say, "We ruled out heat shield damage, we don't know exactly what we're looking at, but, just to be clear, it's not aliens.." That last part is just taken for granted under the circumstances.

the matter is that hypothesis wont hold up to serious scrutiny, because I can tell you now for those objects to glow so brightly from such a distance they would have to be of moderate size, and they would pose a hazard if they were in a close orbit of the Earth i.e. the objects would be listed and recorded and NASA would know what they are.

You're grasping at straws here. "Glow so brightly from such a distance?" Why do you think they're far away or glowing or especially bright? They make no mention of the location of the objects except to say that they're underneath the shuttle, which doesn't suggest they're far away. Because you don't know how far away they are, you can make no claims at all about the size of the objects based on the video. However, if they were big enough to be a threat to the earth, don't you think they would have mentioned that in the video?

Based on what we heard in the video, we can be certain NASA didn't have a record of them. The narrator tells us the objects were detected initially underneath the shuttle after it moved, suggesting that they probably came from the shuttle. Additionally, they're moving very nearly the same speed as the shuttle and in nearly the same direction (if they weren't, they would whiz across the screen and out of sight very quickly), further indicating that they are likely in some way associated with the shuttle or the launch.

There are thousands of pieces of debris in orbit, and no one cares to identify much of it because it doesn't matter what it is. There's a lot of extremely interesting material for UFOlogists to work with, but the junk that floating around the shuttle isn't part of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Aah, so that makes it ok to lump the tags of a youtube video, into your projection of the mindset of the posters on here, who go a little further than "ZOMG ALIENZ" and actually discuss things in a mature way.

And he doesn't say "trace" he says "chase" which implies that there was something to chase. You think he made that kind of a mistake?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You should better try to find the answer not to act like you know everything.

I don't know how can people be so blind?
Don't you realized how close we are to the finally "discovery" of alien intelligent life?

Some people just don't want to see that we're living in different time.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

You're grasping at straws here. "Glow so brightly from such a distance?" Why do you think they're far away or glowing or especially bright? They make no mention of the location of the objects except to say that they're underneath the shuttle, which doesn't suggest they're far away.
I was under the impression that the footage shown in the video was taken from the ground, or am I mistaken? If this is simply just footage from the shuttle than I will have to agree with the 'nothing to see here' attitude. But if not, my argument stands perfectly solid.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Trace.

No mistake.

Tracing (as with a gun or camera), tracking an object, as with the use of tracer ammunition

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

But debris comes off the shuttle all the time... People have reported ufos and talked about alien life for a very, very long time. Likewise, there have been people insisting that it's an important time and things are about to change for thousands of years. Why do you think this video shows something important?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

But debris comes off the shuttle all the time... People have reported ufos and talked about alien life for a very, very long time. Likewise, there have been people insisting that it's an important time and things are about to change for thousands of years. Why do you think this video shows something important?

Because these came from NASA.
Hey man,from NASA!

You couldn't heard NASA talking about this stuff in the past.
They wouldn't told the public anything.

But,today is different.
On the last year,how much time did NASA came out with some news dealing the alien life and UFOs?
Many times!More then ever!

I believe it means something.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I would be very surprised if the footage was taken from the ground, but I suppose it's possible. Even if it was, they have telescopes and can at times see the shuttle itself quite clearly from the ground. In any case, we don't have reason the believe the objects are large, especially since their size wasn't important enough for anyone to mention in the broadcast. It's worth having considered the clip, but I think it's safe to say there's nothing compelling here.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Read gift0fpr0phecy's post..sums it up perfectly.

No need to find an answer when my sentiments mirror his sentiments.

Don't you realized how close we are to the finally "discovery" of alien intelligent life?

Shouldn't that be intelligent alien life?

And uhhh how do you know this to be true? Calling people blind, acting like you know everything.

Hypocrite.

Sure dude, whatever.

Everyone who thinks differently to you are blind.

Real mature!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

I would be very surprised if the footage was taken from the ground, but I suppose it's possible.
The entire background is a sky-blue color. I am fairly certain it's taken from the ground.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Read gift0fpr0phecy's post..sums it up perfectly.

No need to find an answer when my sentiments mirror his sentiments.

Shouldn't that be intelligent alien life?

And uhhh how do you know this to be true? Calling people blind, acting like you know everything.

Hypocrite.

Sure dude, whatever.

Everyone who thinks differently to you are blind.

Real mature!

Yeah,you're right.

I'm guessing you're an young man so you don't have much of experience with NASA.

You don't know how the NASA was dealing with UFOs 60-10 years ago.They called them fakes,natural phenomena and planes.They didn't want to talk about aliens at all.

But now,now is different.
If you can't see the difference,then sorry,i don't have time to explain it to you.

New information keep coming out from NASA every single day!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I suspect it means that NASA wants to be relevant and well funded, and so they talk about aliens because they know it makes headlines and people like to hear about it. Also, there's a substantial serious scientific effort to discover ET life, so there's plenty of respectable material on which to comment. People want the scientists to find ETs. We all know how cool it would be, and we're half expecting it at any moment. NASA is responding to something we as a culture care about, as they always have. It's just that now we care less about beating the Russians and more about finding the aliens.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
That guy is not talking about 'unknown objects'. He's talking about space junk. Lol. The video is out of context. They were examining the heat shield and noticed some junk and were wondering whether it came from the heat shield but further analysis ruled that out, thankfully.

But anyway, he wasn't admitting that they were UFOs. It's all about context.
edit on 14-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join