It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sixteen Super Earths Discovered outside the Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wouldnt it be cool to say, seeya later bob/mom/dad i'm going to HD 85512b!

16 new planets discovered. Everytime this happens i think theres a possibility we are going to try to go there for resources. Like that planet that is made of carbon, aka diamond.

The discovery comes from High Accuracy Radial Velocity Planet Searcher, or HARPS. HARPS is located at the La Silla Observatory in Chile, and is part of a telescope that's nearly 12 feet long.

Right when i saw the word HARPS It reminded me of HAARP. Just putting it out there, never heard of HARPS before.

Heres link: lightyears.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Of course we are going to claim those planets, the government wants new resources...lol

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It means nothing except give me more funding ...

the same sugar coated stories about earth like , possible life , alien plant .... super earths lol

excuse me while i grab my barf bag .

i could discover "earth like planets" also if i had the toys they did ... but you see it takes alot more then add water and live in goldie lock zone for life to arise . There are far to many factors

but to dub these as super earths is just childish, foolish , and sensationlism at its finest ...

i just wisht hey would stfu about it untill they find something of substance for us to bite into .. not speculate and help feed false hopes of life .

We would make contact first before visually seeing them. Remember the pictures you see now are only images of the past . Our efforst should be in deep space communication , much further then the system Nasa has out now .

join