It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA & Industrial Light & Magic Rep & SETI Rep to Announce Kepler Discovery at Media Briefing ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Disclosure??????? I hope. I find it funny how mainstream media has been covering these unexplained UFO's. I also think it is funny that these unexpalined occurances are happening at sporting events. Large groups of people seeing these things together, makes it hard to discredit. I'll be tuning in at 11:00.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What ever it is ( a true sister earth ) its bound to be a good day today

Is it going to have to be one that orbits fairly fast and close because kepler hasn't had enough time to find a planet with an orbit similar to our own? Is it going to be right smack in the middle of the habitable zone? Will they have gotten a spectrum analysis of it? Kepler has already been a game changer and it has only just begun to do its job. It was only a short time ago when it was thought the best we could ever do was to determine if perhaps a certain star might have a planet in orbit.

way to go NASA

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I've just had to check - It's 18:00 GMT

Confirmed. It will begin at 18:00 GMT.

If anyone is still in doubt, check below:

Convert: Pacific Time to GMT

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I dont see any reason for NASA to hold a press conference on the heels of the ESA when it comes to the discovery of Super Earths or even planets that may be able to support life.

To me its almost as if NASA is on a PR spree, trying to increase support and funding by holding these press conferences in order to continue to justify their existence. They recently made the announcement about their new deep space plans, albeit we wont see anything until the next few administrations cut the programs like Obama did when he took office.

We are stuck in a loop, and its getting old and tiresome.

NASA would be better off holding news conferences live only to announce that we have, 100% found habitable planets or extra terrestrials or alien signals.

Otherwise, just issue press releases tolet us know that 16 planets are super earth size.

Its like a commercial on tv letting us know McDonalds is bringing back Supersized. Its all fine and dandy but dont hold a press conference unless the kids meals come with Extraterrestrials.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Nice...well maybe(;
At least it's a possibility......you know if you get enough maybes......sooner or later Something significant has got to be released...

All these little Dribbles we've been getting for the last few years may be leading up to something??

Exciting post! Star & flag 4 op

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

A representative from Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), a division of Lucasfilm Ltd., will join a panel of scientists to discuss the discovery.

I think that this Panel is rather interesting in the choices of participants from NASA.

Its kind of funny. When did we rely on science-fiction writers for 'truth' behind space? Fiction is fiction regardless about the hyphen used.

Originally posted by Minori
Disclosure??????? I hope.

Science-fiction writer used to tell everyone that aliens exist? Are you kidding me? You might as well ask a car mechanic questions about how to build a sky scrapper.
edit on 9/15/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

we do to visualize things we cant get a direct visual of. it helps our brains to understand difficult and confusing concepts. much of this data is just reams of numbers that have little meaning without extensive training but can be compiled and portrayed visually

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by grey580

I dont know I think if it was truly major it would come from the White House still it is an unusual choice of participants maybe they are just trying to be less boring than normal.

But if it was from the WH Would it be taken seriously?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
SOLVED!

Link: Industry & Analysts Weigh In On NASA's New Rocket
All the chatter going on at Space.com and NASA.gov is about the new heavy-lift rocket design.

Guess what everyone will be talking about today?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here's how it will probably go down..

A NASA spokesman will announce they have found an unusual planet
One of the Kepler team will say 'that's not a planet!'
John Knoll will make a cool motion graphics presentation, explaining the artificial planets painfully obvious weak point
The guy from SETI will at some point shout out ' IT'S A TRAP!'

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
SOLVED!

Link: Industry & Analysts Weigh In On NASA's New Rocket
All the chatter going on at Space.com and NASA.gov is about the new heavy-lift rocket design.

Guess what everyone will be talking about today?

Yeah that would be annoying since its been in the news for some time.

Is NASA and the ESA playing who has the bigger Epeen with dueling press conferences?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

How is it solved that Kepler discovered that rocket somehow?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
How long until it begins?

From Australia, and not to sure on GMT?

Tried googling, and figure its pretty soon, but wasn't sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
How long until it begins?

From Australia, and not to sure on GMT?

Tried googling, and figure its pretty soon, but wasn't sure.

You will need to convert Austrailian time into metric time, and compare it to GMT, then subtract 5 hours to account for the US time zone, using non metric time

18:00 (6pm GMT) = 13:00(01:00)pm EST = 10:00AM PST.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

Yeah I tried googling the timezones but it was a world of mindfudgery. What is the GMT of this? 5pm or 4pm? I hate google sometimes.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
People might find this link very useful:

www.timeanddate.com...

PDT is UTC minus seven hours, or just see above for what time it is right now anywhere in the world.
edit on 15-9-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button gave me a kiss last night

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Many thanks.

Darn living in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

How is it solved that Kepler discovered that rocket somehow?

Lol... Its a gag.

When NASA announces a conference call about a discovery, they usually post it prior to the actual announcement.

Link: NASA to Reveal Planet-Hunting Telescope's Discovery Thursday With Sci-Fi Help
Hmmm... If you read the comment section, ESA discovered another Earth like planet.

ILM is just there to put their discovery into animation. It will not be a big announcement.

edit on 9/15/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I hope this is something interesting this time....

NASA is always saying "We've got this awesome thing to tell everyone! Come see it!"

Then.... it's boring & uneventful....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Might be boring for the moment, but small steps and small tidbits beat nothing. I look back 10, 20 years and in some aspects we've come some distance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join