It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's So Great About Living In The Moment.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The Now is all we have. The mind and its ego invented time. Before the human ego developed there was no time, humans lived in the Now giving no attention to past or future. It was only when we "fell" into time that we developed this obsession with time. The minds ego developed "time" inorder to live in time within us. We seem to rush from one moment to the next never actually living in the moment itself, you could say then we dont actually live we just live in our minds time. If it were possible to ask a pre fall human "what time is it?" they would look at you and say "well its Now of course !"

Ask yourself when did you ever do anything in the past or future? You didnt, everything we do is always in The Eternal Now.

I will acknowledge this is at first not an easy thing to do, but you have to remember you are altering the minds compulsion over time which has been with us for thousands of mind made years.

I found The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle an excellent book on what it is to live in the Now, and most importantly How to do it.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Stillness because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2011 by Stillness because: addition

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillness

Isn't it fantastic. Who would have thought it? No one!! No one has to think this in to being, because it always was and always will be. What a relief.
Rest in peace now and forever now.

Namaste.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What is so great about 'living in the moment' is that it is all we ARE doing. This moment that I am writing this will be gone when the next second comes in. All in the moment becomes history so I like to make the most of my 'moments' and make them count. There is no future outside of the moment and no guarantee of it. We cannot look at the clock and assume categorically that there is going to be more moments, there is only ONE and that is the one we are in. In this moment, we lay HISTORY for the future and foundations for the future - but the future is just an imaginary state - there is no future until we actually get there.

The moment is all we have got to live in so I think its great that we do?

<< 1  2   >>

join