It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's So Great About Living In The Moment.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I like to partake in thinking about past and future, and also being in the moment. I just don't do them at the same time.

I think more often in the morning when I first get up and in the evening before I sleep.

I look to the future and project my will there, and reflect upon the past that creates. Where my will is seems to determine my memories of past. Like in one state of vision upon future, I remember only the bad parts of past, in another, I remember the good parts.

Being master of my destiny is part of projecting future intent.
Creating bonds with others and a sense of static self is part of reflecting upon past.

Then there's living in the moment...... ahhh..... experiencing the future I projected earlier, and gathering more material for the thoughts I shall project into tomorrow! Gotta do that, otherwise none of it is worth anything!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by smith justin

to me, living in the moment means, if something important is taking place, i experience and concentrate on what it is.

sunday, i was with two friends who are grandmothers, so we had 3 little grandchildren along.
i've always considered children to be very important, to me babysitting is living in the moment.
we were at petrockfest, the kids loved the dogs, food, rides, etc.
since the adults concentrated on the kids having a nice day, we all did.

sometimes it might be silly, i remember being on a flight where the pilot came on and said,"prepare for extreme severe turbulence". i thought, i never heard "extreme severe" before. and then it hit.
the food went flying in the air, the side panels were rippling in waves, the wings were flapping and the engines were separating from the wings.

a young lady next to me had her eyes closed and was praying.
i kept trying to make her look, this was a once in a life time experience and she was missing the show.
living in the moment allowed me to see an incredible example of what a plane can survive.

but who knows, her prayers might have saved our lives
but if we were going down, i was going to enjoy every minute of the show.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I like to partake in thinking about past and future, and also being in the moment. I just don't do them at the same time.

It's impossible to not live in the moment.

It is possible to not consciously participate in the moment.

Living in the moment and participating in the moment is mostly an effort for the purpose of joy.

Whenever there is effort towards this, it will not be found.

When mental effort ceases, then that is when you will have joy.

Existence only happens in the moment. You can never exist in the past or exist in the future.

Existence wants to express itself in you as joy, but you won't let it. You have some other idea in mind about the way things should be, and in that mental activity you are telling yourself that you don't like how things already are.

If you are unsatisfied with your current state of affairs, then you will not have joy.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

BEING present to the presence of the present.

This can also be achieved in action via something called "Flow Experience", the key to happiness.

Thanks for the reminder!

S&F

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The "NOW" is The Present...

And a "Present" is a Gift...

There was no Yesterday..... and there is No tomorrow.

These are just an illusion of the "NOW"

Otherwise where has the Past gone to.... and where does the Future come from???

Plan for the "NOW" and Not for a time which never comes.

"Where the End is, there the Beginning is also".

A foolish man puts his trust in the future and NOT the "NOW" and misses the "Gift".

If we say we will do it another day we will never do it....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Some people want us to live in the past, like the media with wanting us to live in the emotion of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Living in the moment is living in the conscious mind with all the love, happiness and pleasure that it affords....ok, you may not be reading anymore, because of how cliche that sounds....however..

When we move from the present now conscious mind to our programmed mind...the subconscious...in which lies all of our programmed fears, reactions, pleasures from our programming phase of birth to about 6 yrs old and when we focus on the future...we go into this auto-pilot mind as far as what needs to be done, how, when, fear, anxiety...etc. Where traits and pathways come to the forefront.

Bruce Lipton explained it as this.....when you are newly in love...and in the present moment and conscious...you create this wonderful, heavenly experience...that is your conscious mind. Sooner or later both start thinking of the future and their sub-conscious programming kicks in. Instead of two peoples minds that were in bliss...they now have to deal with 4 minds...the two blissful conscious in the moment minds and the two sub-conscious programmed minds....that's when the honeymoon phase is over....then each needs to decide if they can live with the other's sub-conscious mind and traits.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The conclusion and moral of my above posting is to Teach Ye Children Well. From birth to about 6 or 7, they are downloading, watching, processing, into their subconscious.....garbage in, garbage out....beauty in, beauty out....just another piece of the puzzle that WE actually have control over.

edit on 14-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

After about about 30 minutes...Bruce really gets into this subject. If you have the time, it's great!
edit on 14-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yes, yes, yes!!! Finally, a concept that I can 100% agree with you on!
Star and Flag.

Buddhism is the only religion that I know of that it's founder put immense emphasis on 'now.' Lord Buddha gave many wonderful teachings on this concept.

What does it mean to live in the present moment? To be free from the past and future, not chasing nor dreaming of either one. Not to be burdened by emotions from the past or future; regret, pain, worry, anxiety, uncertainty, or fear. Not to think of the past in such ways as "it used to be good, it was better before, I wish it was like that again," and to not think of the future in such ways as "this will be better when this happens, things will change when this happens," etc.

Not dwelling on yesterday or wondering about tomorrow. To be fully mindful of what you are thinking right now, how you are feeling right now, what you are saying right now, what you are doing right now, and what is going on around you right now.

I have found this wonderful concept of 'now' in esoteric/mystical interpretations of Islam and Christianity.

• Sacrament of the Present Moment - Catholicism (Jean-Pierre de Caussade) 
• Mindfulness of the Present Moment - Buddhism 
• Presence without Absence - Islam-Sufism 
• Conscious Awareness - New Age Movement 

Peace be upon you.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks for this mind tingling thread

The future, the present and the past are all existing right now, simultaneously.
Synchronicity will be upon us sooner than we think.

And that is when time will not exist. For All is one, one are all.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Some people have come to believe that living in the present moment is a failure to learn from past, prepare for future, or is to drift through life care-free. This is an incorrect understanding of this concept.

Have you ever been exposed to advanced mathematics, advanced physics, or advanced chemistry? If you have, envision one of the most complicated formulas or calculations that you can. As you work the problem step-by-step.... you must focus on the exact step you are on (Now), keep in consideration the progress thus far (Past), and consider the end result of the calculation (Future). Get stuck on Past or Future of the calculation and you will never achieve the goal, you must work 'now' step-by-step.

We can remember the past and learn from it, and we can prepare, plan, and anticipate the future. We must not be consumed by want, yearning, desire, regret, pain, worry, fear, anger, anxiety, or depression over the past and/or future. Not dreaming of the past of future to the point of distracting us from what is happening internally and externally 'now.'

edit on 9/14/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Some people have come to believe that living in the present moment is a failure to learn from past, prepare for future, or is to drift through life care-free. This is an incorrect understanding of this concept.

Couldn't agree any better

Have you ever been exposed to advanced mathematics, advanced physics, or advanced chemistry? If you have, envision one of the most complicated formulas or calculations that you can. As you work the problem step-by-step.... you must focus on the exact step you are on (Now), keep in consideration the progress thus far (Past), and consider the end result of the calculation (Future). Get stuck on Past or Future of the calculation and you will never achieve the goal, you must work 'now' step-by-step.

Great perspective

Live the moment for that is where one is, that is right now.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Yes, yes, yes!!! Finally, a concept that I can 100% agree with you on!
Star and Flag.

lol. It doesn't happen often.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Some people want us to live in the past, like the media with wanting us to live in the emotion of 9/11.

I think you just nailed it right there...

They want the NWO so bad that they, will do anything to manipulate our future, by programming our minds to dwell in the past than to live in the now.

Break free from this illusion and start living the now

Man, did I get a moment of realization

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

Live in the moment and like there is no tomorrow is a liberal destructive mindset developed out of Hollywood. Life has responsibilities and decisions that do not always = lets just have fun screw it. Its basically the rich telling you to enjoy being a slave and never have wealth because well the longer you listen to our message of "just get messed up and party" the less you are out there getting a real education and making something of yourself. Building an empire...thats living..Getting drunk in a bar wasting $ = decisions slaves make.

You missed the point.
Try living in the moment and you might "get it".
It ain't easy.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
In the Future the Present is History.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I don't mean to belabor the point, but it should not be an esoteric concept.
Indeed working out an equation fits, but so does...fishing, writing a song, diving off a cliff...contemplating the structure of a government to replace this corrupt one.

Living in the moment today in the US may be the antithesis of everything we are forced to deal with on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Good thread!

Neither the past nor the future exist without thoughts. The present exists with or without thoughts. If one is considering a past event for better understanding or a future event using the wisdom of past experiences, that can still be "the present" if an objective perspective is maintained. When fear enters the thoughts, the past is encroaching and taking over. When worry and anxiety enter the present, the future overtakes the consciousness of the moment, the present. Actually, fear, worry, and anxiety are freely shared between the past and future thoughts!

It's a difficult fine line to identify and travel. It's also fascinating when it occurs.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section69
In the Future the Present is History.

Show me the future. When a future finally occurs, it occurs at that present moment as 'now.'

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
"He who looks back, isn't fit to plow the field."
~ Yeshua Messiah

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join