It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl XXXVIII Halftime Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well i was laying in bed last night reading a good old book about EDM, and my mind started wandering...

For some reason or another i remembered the Super Bowl XXVIII Halftime show controversy (here), remember? When That guy tore off that girls shirt and everyone freaked out?

I thought from the getgo this was fixed when it happened, but that was during my early awakening stages, and i would never have even thought of the words Global Elite and Media Blackout. At that time, i like many other, thought it was to grab attention, to sell more records, and to just start hype and it went all wrong.

Well now that i look at whats going on today, the whole Cyber war, the battle for free speech, i wounder if this was yet again another early form of speech manipulation. The Global Elite wanted to be able to stop a broadcast at any second, in case they were hijacked, or if someone would say the wrong thing on live tv to disrupt their agenda. What better way to do than to find a popular event most of the country would be watching, and throw in something to cause a controversy to make the public want "Change."

Well it worked, many live broadcasts were then changed to have a greater delay...

he networks that were to broadcast the 46th Grammy Awards and the 76th Academy Awards, live events scheduled for February 8 and February 29 respectively, initiated a delay (up to ten minutes) to ensure that profanity and obscenity were not seen or heard. The tape delays have since been reduced to the broadcast standard ten second delay.[20]

, more than enough time to stop someone from spouting out the wrong things on live TV.

Maybe i sound like a loon, but i guarantee this was a form of manipulation from the Global Elite, and damn if it didn't work...

Also i wanted to note i did use the search function, but the thread was from back in 2004, and did not have much content, so i figured i'd start fresh and bring it up fresh.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Very true, everything you see on the TV has been given the a-ok before it reaches your screen. Just like radio and what I can predict will happen online at some stage too.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The scary thing about these turbulent times is that all these theoretical hidden reasons behind-the-facts always use to perfectly match.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
They do it because people are unpredictable and there are laws against obscenity and profanity on television. Even famous people have been known to do some fairly stupid things on TV.

edit on 11/9/14 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: : Video removed due to graphic content

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

Yeah I can see why it was IMPLEMENTED, however I believe this particular discussion is in regards to why they EXTENDED it, to "in some cases up to 10 minutes". So it takes 10 minutes to realize that someone has just pulled out a gun and blew their own, or anyone else's, brains out?? I'll go ahead and answer that for you: No, it does not. Ok, so, moving on... What DOES it take 10 minutes to figure out? I'll give you one example and if you, or anyone else, can figure out any more, then feel free to go ahead ans post it...

Let's say someone wanted to come clean, or blow the whistle about some kind of corruption on live air. Well they could start off talking about a seemingly normal, everyday topic, and lead into what they are getting at, since most conspiracies take a little bit of explaining or fore-knowledge on certain subjects, so they could be shut off before they got to the meat of the matter. And obviously if they just blurted it out, 10 mins is plenty of time to shut them down. What else would take 10 minutes to notice?? I'm curious, and my favorite thing ever is when I'm proven wrong, so please... Have at thee.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: : Video link removed due to graphic content

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Perhaps they believe is how long it would take to filter something extreme. Its not that it takes them ten minutes to realize it but perhaps its because in the past lacking enough time to make corrections resulted in not being able to appropriately filter unwanted content.

If someone was whistleblowing on live TV it definitely would not take ten minutes to quash it.

You have to remember some programs do not expect any incidents and therefore have few staff on hand to make corrections.
look at the Janet wardrobe malfunction with timberlake a few years back lol. They didn't have time to censor that one. Lol

I don't see Any conspiracy here. Just an increased preparedness to tackle these sorts of issues. In Canada CRTC fines for vulgarities on TV are Mega expensive. Plus of looks bad for the network. Bad publicity and whatnot. They just want to avoid it. I can see their reasoning.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Pics of the JJ's nip or it didn't happen

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
A delay of 10 minutes for music awards? That is hardcore. I guess that allows them to wipe off someone's entire acceptance speech if they do not like it.

.. but don't you know Winston, its always been a 10 minute delay, we've always censored live events, and there has never been freedom of speech.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I realize most people don't wear crazy clothes like they were wearing that day, but seriously, a "wardrobe malfunction"??? Yeah, sure. I'm not even sure what that is. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised they planned this in some fashion.

One of the most ridiculous stories in years. Amerika saw a nipple, well, some did, I was watching on a small tele and didn't see it, and now we are all scarred and need regulations so that we don't accidentally witness a evil breast.

I do wonder, do the freaks that complained about this also take their kids to a art museum? There are hideous breasts and nipples all over those places. Heck, last I checked every person had a couple of them so why the hell is it so awful?

Frakking country of prudes, one would think looking at it from the outside. We witnessed a half second of a nipple so now we need rules, regulations, massive fines for networks who don't comply and basically the neutering of our already worthless MSM.

Worked well from TPTB's perspective, eh? Problem, reaction, solution, right? They get more control and we the people become dumber and dumber every moment we turn on the noisy box, read the paper, listen to the radio.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

A delay of 10 minutes for music awards? That is hardcore. I guess that allows them to wipe off someone's entire acceptance speech if they do not like it.

You got that right. Since the Iraq War had begun a number of months earlier in 2003 (Super Bowl was in early 2004), this staged occurrence was probably used to implement policy to censor those with dissenting opinions on a highly unpopular war.

To blow it all out of proportion, they probably even lied about receiving 500,000 complaints about the incident. It seems they were chock full of dubious claims to fulfill their political agenda.

Just another example of the American people being controlled and muzzled without them even knowing it.

new topics

top topics

join