It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 24, 2011 Jones vs Rampage thoughts and predictions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So the next big UFC event is coming up on the 24th of September. This is a light heavyweight Title match between Johnny "bones" Jones and the always entertaining Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. So What are your thoughts and predictions for the fight? do you think Rampage can take the strap back or is Jones going to be at the top of his game for a while?

I would put the other matches on here but there is no other fighters of note on this card so lets just focus on the main event. feal free to comment and debate but lets keep it clean.
edit on 14/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

probably jones.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
"Bones" Jones is an impressive fighter. He appears to get better with every fight and he throws techniques and strikes that I haven't seen many other fighters utilize. Like for example, one fight I saw Bones striking his opponents trapezius muscle. That is brilliant technique if you ask me.

I think that If Jones can stay out of the way of Rampages heavy hands for the majority of the time he will win the fight. I love Rampage but he isn't the fighter he used to be.

I love me some MMA.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
quintin is done put a fork in him...\

quintin among many other mr tough guy big boys are nothing but first rounders

if they can't do it first round they don't have enough juice to finish it in second or third

quin going down if he gets passed first round .if not then quin can only win first round ko

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Rampage hasn't got a hope. Jones will take him down and elbow him to death. Page hasn't knocked anyone out since 2008 when he finished Wanderlei Silva - hardly the man we saw dominate Pride back in the day. Last 4 fights went the distance, 3 went his way but many would argue the judges were retarded in the Machida fight. So questionable split decision over Machida, lacklustre performance over Matt Hamil and he gets another shot at teh belt? Only because the LHW division is on a revolving door at the top (Machida/Shogun/Evans).

I think Phil Davis is the onbly LHW that can threaten Jones. He is going from strength to strength.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
I would put the other matches on here but there is no other fighters of note on this card so lets just focus on the main event.

On the card we have:

Jonathan Brookins vs Erik Koch. Brookins won The Ultimate Fighter season before last (one year ago) and his debut has been much anticipated and delayed due to injury. A very cool, soft spoken guy, most unlike any other MMA fight.

On the undercard we have someone else from that season of TUF - Cody McKenzie vs Vagner Rocha. McKenzie was quite teh character, went into TUF undefeated and won every single by guillotine choke I think. He took part in the TUF finale and won his fight (by guillotine of course) and was given a shot in the UFC. Unfortunately he was put against veteran gatekeeper Yves Edwards in his debut and got choked out himself. Actually suprised to see he's been given another shot but should be entertaining!

Talking of Yves Edwards, did you see him get kocked out by Sam Stout at UFC 131? Man, that was one of the most vicious knockouts I've seen in a while. I swear I thought the guy was dead, or in a coma:

edit on 14-9-2011 by Logman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Jones impressed me with hes victory over Shogun. So, I predict that Rampage gets beaten in every area of the game..badly!
Jones is faster, more technical and uses hes reach very well. Lights out for Rampage

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
After making Shogun look like a chump, this fight with Rampage should be pretty easy. The only part of Rampage's game thats still in top form is his trash talking. Look for Jones to stay just outside of his range and drop bombs on him.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I gota say Jones, I love Rampage but his time has come. He is a great fighter, but just imo hasn't evolved enough like the next generation of younger fighter have.

Watch Tim Boetsch btw, the guy is a beast! Doesn't look that much like an athlete but he is an awsome fighter, his debut was a thing of beaty. He practicalled Ko'd Heath by grabbing his head in a clinch and throwing him (by his head only) to the ground smashing his head against the ground and then carrying on the brutality. He is a fun fighter to watch adn I'm hoping that the beast inside him will come out another time.

Also hughs vs Koscheck has been confiremd on the ufc site. I wana see Koscheck destroyed, but Hughs isn't the champ that he used to be though. Nice to see a UK fighter on the bill, we have some great fighters but the ufc seems to overlook some of our best talents in favour of others who haven't proved themselves as much.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'll pick Jones for this one.

I liked Jackson at the start of his UFC fighting career but recently his actions outside of the octagon make him look like a joke.

I don't think he'll come ready for this guy and will probably under-rate him.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Jackson has become more conservative and gun shy since having his chin tested. He is not the same fighter since then. Even though I know it is far fetched I would still like to see one of his old time knockouts that he hasnt shown in a while.

join