It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the 527 ads!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The reason the Democratic 527s are raising 5 times as much money is because it is coming from a LOT of small donation individuals. NOT big corporations contributing DIRECTLY to a candidate's campaign for the purpose of buying influence.

527s?

BRING THEM ON BABY!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Why stop them??? It's just more of an opportunity for us all to get brainwashed!! It's just more of an opportunity for the left and right to win!! Why stop now?? Apparantly we need as much drama as we can get, why stop the ride??

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It opens up the dialogue, which makes the possibility for a third party candidate to emerge. Most importantly it empowers more independent group's speech and avoids some of the extreme direct linearity to the candidate of the former system of campaign finance.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
It opens up the dialogue, which makes the possibility for a third party candidate to emerge. Most importantly it empowers more independent group's speech and avoids some of the extreme direct linearity to the candidate of the former system of campaign finance.

Why try and stop group speech if we're so gung ho on freedom of speech? Isn't kerry all about free speech all the while complaining to fec and trying to censor group speech... oi...

What a world... what a world.. They don't mind whoring themselves around for corporations but if somebody else does it who's not involed in bed with them they feel the need to all of a sudden scream bloody murder?? Hypocrites!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The reason to stop ALL 527 ads is because they are ALL in violation. I did some research on the 527 code, and their purpose is to "influence an election without supporting or opposing a specific candidate".

I can't name a single 527 ad I have seen that follows the letter of the law. Until the Swift Boat Vets ads no candidate has complained about it.

If there is going to be 527 ads, then they need to stick to the issues, such as Social Security, perscription drug plans, welfare unemployment, homeland security. 527's are not for slinging mud.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
The reason to stop ALL 527 ads is because they are ALL in violation. I did some research on the 527 code, and their purpose is to "influence an election without supporting or opposing a specific candidate".

No they weren't... They were within the collaboration however, they want it changed, and there are loopholes which these guys are played in to try and close the gap...

How come these guys can try and influence people's minds, but if people go out on commercials to try and influence people to get to know a truth, they want them out of the ball park... If it was a commercial sucking the liberal dick of john kerry, they wouldn't complain.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

No they weren't... They were within the collaboration however, they want it changed, and there are loopholes which these guys are played in to try and close the gap...

How come these guys can try and influence people's minds, but if people go out on commercials to try and influence people to get to know a truth, they want them out of the ball park... If it was a commercial sucking the liberal dick of john kerry, they wouldn't complain.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa... I am NOT defending Kerry!
And the exact wording I found time, and time again in the research I did was just as I posted. These groups are not to support or oppose a specific candidate. That's the wording of the reg. Both of the big 2 are twisting the hell out of it. The FEC has done nothing to stop it. But both are in violation. If you want to apply some sort of scale to it, the Democrats 527s are the biggest offenders, having spent the most money on illegal commericals.

Look it up. I found all kinds of interesting sites. I will be happy to post them. Unfortunately my links and research are at home, but there is one link on the thread I linked to previously.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
phreak_of_nature, I think they are taking the very strict view that if they don't actually say, "vote for X" or "dont' vote for Y" that they are technically in compliance.

I still like them. 527s take the money away from direct party and candidate control and open up the dialogue. Maybe some more Americans will wake up and question whatever set viewpoints they may have.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
phreak_of_nature, I think they are taking the very strict view that if they don't actually say, "vote for X" or "dont' vote for Y" that they are technically in compliance.

I still like them. 527s take the money away from direct party and candidate control and open up the dialogue. Maybe some more Americans will wake up and question whatever set viewpoints they may have.

I both agree and disagree with you. I would like to see them have more ads that just address the issues that a particular candidate represents. The Media fund attempted to do it, but in a twisted way. The discussed an issue, which sadly I can't remember right now, and then turned it into, "Bush is bad"

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa... I am NOT defending Kerry!
And the exact wording I found time, and time again in the research I did was just as I posted. These groups are not to support or oppose a specific candidate. That's the wording of the reg. Both of the big 2 are twisting the hell out of it. The FEC has done nothing to stop it. But both are in violation. If you want to apply some sort of scale to it, the Democrats 527s are the biggest offenders, having spent the most money on illegal commericals.

I wasn't attacking you... I don't think you were defending Kerry... Don't jump the gun dude, I know liberals are the biggest offenders, but who really cares... Obviously it's not a big enough deal for them to do anything about...
I wish we lived in a world where scumbags were held accountable...
But thats just me..

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If there is going to be 527 ads, then they need to stick to the issues, such as Social Security, perscription drug plans, welfare unemployment, homeland security. 527's are not for slinging mud.

I agree with they need to stick to the issues but i am a Bush supporter and i don't mind the "mud slingin". For one reason, it doesn't effect Bush. 140 million to 9 million and Bush still come out smeeling like a rose.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't have time to read this entire thread, and someone is going to get hacked off about that I'm sure. Oh well. Bush is the head of how many cabinet offices? All? Uh-huh. So if he wants to stop the 527's,, what is preventing him from doing so. This sounds like another publicity stunt from our ever-so faithful head con-artist. Furthermore, why on earth would he stop all 527's? I'm a novice at political issues here...POLS is far from ever being my major, but I seem to be trying to pay attention the older I get. Back to stopping all 527's...wouldn't any charitable activity then be losing this ability to gain much needed funds. There are tons of agencies that work to help those in need...is Bush now saying that those in need aren't needed anymore? We don't desire to help out that man serving us burgers who can't afford to pay the endless bills in his mailbox. That man who serves Bush is so far below him that Bush doesn't need him, so he'll replace him with the middle classes? Is this what trickle-down economics is all about?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I wasn't attacking you... I don't think you were defending Kerry... Don't jump the gun dude, I know liberals are the biggest offenders, but who really cares... Obviously it's not a big enough deal for them to do anything about...
I wish we lived in a world where scumbags were held accountable...
But thats just me..

I think scumbags should get knocked down into the scum.
I also think that if you are going to sling mud, have b@lls enough to do it in your own name.

[commercial]
George Bush is a draft dodging frat boy. He'll bankrupt social security and kick your parents out into the street.
I'm John Kerry and I approve this message.
[/commercial]

NOT

[commercial]
George Bush is a draft dodging frat boy. He'll bankrupt social security and kick your parents out into the street.
Paid for by the Media Fund.
[/commercial]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
All I can say, is this looks more and more like the RepubliCrats want to end free speech. Why don't they just admit they created McCain/Feingold reform crap to keep the incumbents in power.

When both the Republicans and Democrats agree on something, I think America should agree it is bad for them. As much as I personally may dislike some 527 ads, it should not be censored by our government.

I feel they are colluding to keep the current status quo, and prevent other political parties from emerging; which has happened several times since the Declaration of Independence.

If you doubt me, grab a history book (hopefully not one from a state-sponsored school), and figure out who these parties were: Whig, Progressive, Populist, Bull Moose, Prohibitionist, and Green Back (to name a few).

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
527's aren't bad as long as they tell the truth. The swift boat adds are so enraging and wrong is because they lie. Kerry has put his record up on his website. The other 527's were not a problem because they told the truth and had facts. Some twisted for their own veiws, but facts. Like Kerry voted against bodyarmor. Yes, he did. But the body armor was only a small part. The other 99% was 5 billion to Haliburton for no reason, 10 billion for Cheney, 10 bucks for body armor, 5 billion to this oil company for no reason, another 10 bucks for body armor, then about 50 billion to bribe the media to not show the truth on tv.(like body bags, wounded soldiers, dead civillians killed by our troops, so forth)

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Some what off topic, but did Badnarik receive matching funds? I am pretty sure that if he did, they weren't anywhere near what the other 2 got.

Another question, whos answer I think I already know.
Any 527s organized to support the Libertarian party?

Every Badnarik commercial I have seen does include the neccesary disclaimer that it was paid for by Badnarik for President. Every commercial I have seen from him sticks to the issues, and doesn't resort to the frat boy mud slinging. That's the way a campaign should be run IMO.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Some what off topic, but did Badnarik receive matching funds? I am pretty sure that if he did, they weren't anywhere near what the other 2 got.

I am not sure, however, there is a big debate in the party over, "Do we want to use taxpayer dollars, matching funds, to further Libertarians?"
This link might help you peer into such thoughts. I haven't read it all, so maybe some questions are/will be answered.

Another question, whos answer I think I already know.
Any 527s organized to support the Libertarian party?

I believe there is one, but I may be mistaken. I think it is for ballot access.

Every Badnarik commercial I have seen does include the neccesary disclaimer that it was paid for by Badnarik for President. Every commercial I have seen from him sticks to the issues, and doesn't resort to the frat boy mud slinging. That's the way a campaign should be run IMO.

Thanks for your applause. Tell the Badnarik team as well, if you'd like.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrixI don't think Bush had anything to do with the Swift Boats ad, when Kerry came back from Vietnam he made alot of enemies with the vets. After all kerry made the American poeple hate them, spit on them and call them baby killers.

THANK YOU, right on the money.........hooah

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks for answering the questions.

I threw you a granny pitch, and you hit it out of the park. Honest answers with no slant.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JabbaOnTheDais
What world do you live in? You should really get your facts straight before you mouth off a bunch of right-wing lies.

What facts does he not have straight. The one thing about Kerry, he made sure he made all his allegations public. John Kerry did more to turn America against the men on the ground in Vietnam than anyone and he did it by lying, while being really careful not to increminate himself.

I saw some guy on Fox News this afternoon talking about free-fire zones being against the Hague conventions and whatnot. The real travesty in Vietnam was that even if you were under heavy fire and were not in a free-fire zone, you had to get on the radio and get permission to return fire. This was a time consuming and life threatening requirement.

A free-fire zone was not a zone in which you could shoot anything that moved. It was a zone in which you could return fire without having gotten permission to do so. Any assertion otherwise is just a plain lie.

Kerry shamelessly sold out his nation and the veterans of this nation for his own political gain.

[edit on 04/8/26 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join