It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was A Deluded 9/11 Truther

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I might even be willing accept the jet fuel pancake theory, even though it is completely inconsistent with any other building demolition that has every happened before; but unfortunately there are other major problems with the official story, which aren't related to the towers themselves.

There was virtually no debris whatsoever at Shanksville, and no major debris at the Pentagon either. Very little footage or photographic evidence of the Pentagon bombing has also been released. If their story is true, and they have nothing to hide, then why is that?

Did you know that there were no horizontal I beams in the WTC1&2 (except the core)? Just light weight trusses and spandrels (flat plates).

Shanksville: Hit a beer can with a hammer going 500 mph. You could stack quite a few cans per inch.
Pentagon: Show me one security camera ANYWHERE that is pointed up at the birdies. All the ones in my area are pointed at doors and parking lots.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I´m not sure what beer cans have to do with the issue at hand. If that´s a newly discovered 9/11 angle I´d certainly love to hear more about it.

As for security tapes at the Pentagon and around it, you should demand them from the FBI, they´re sitting on the stuff.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Not to mention there were many airplane parts found at the Pentagon.

I have security cameras in and around my warehouse, and to save harddrive space they are set to take 120 frames per minute, or 2 per second.

Even if they had theirs set to 1 frame per second (more than adequate for gate traffic), the odds of catching a plane going that fast on an individual frame are not very good.

And if it was a missle as the truthers claim. How did it fly a zig zag to hit the light poles?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Did you know that there were no horizontal I beams in the WTC1&2 (except the core)? Just light weight trusses and spandrels (flat plates).

Did you know that 'light weight' trusses are stronger than horizontal beams of equal weight?

Regardless that has nothing to do with 15 concrete floors being able to crush 95 to the ground.

They could have been held up with toothpicks, and you still couldn't get 15 floors to crush 95.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Where are those airplane parts and where is the black box?

Where is the physical evidence that a Boeing airliner hit the Pentagon?

If it exists it should have been possible for the last decade to produce it.

So, why hasn´t it been produced? Is it for reasons of national security?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Of course it will, it's basic physics.

Once that mass from the upper floors started coming down there was stopping it.

Take a wood 1 x 2 and span 4 feet with it.

Gently place a 10 pound weight on it, it will hold.

Then take that same weight and drop it from a few inches above, you'll get it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by galdur

It's been produced, you just don't want to buy it.

Watch the youtube video of the high speed crash test the Air Force did on their rail testbed, then see how many big pieces were left.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Here are a number of pictures of the debris from the pentagon and the WTC:

debris.0catch.com...

This site contains a picture of the black box which was found at the pentagon:

www.historycommons.org...

Edit: That second link also contained a picture of the flight data recorder from Shanksville.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Varemia because: fixed wording

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Potential energy turns into kinetic energy.

Energy isn´t created out of nothing and it doesn´t disappear.

This basically zero-sum equation is known as an energy sink.

One form of energy turns into another form.

Any story that posits a gravity driven event must thus adhere to these elementary physical facts.

A story that posits that reinforced buildings ( that are designed to prevent them from collapsing down to the ground in a gravity driven event or at the very least delay such collapse) can somehow fall through themselves practically without resistance (with little more resistance that the atmosphere would offer) in a gravity driven event is thus impossible and must be discarded as such.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Where was it produced for the public to see and where is the evidence tracking airplane parts to the supposed airliner? Where is the black box?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

A story that posits that reinforced buildings ( that are designed to prevent them from collapsing down to the ground in a gravity driven event or at the very least delay such collapse) can somehow fall through themselves practically without resistance (with little more resistance that the atmosphere would offer) in a gravity driven event is thus impossible and must be discarded as such.

Could you please cite a source? I'm genuinely interested in seeing where it says the towers were designed this way, and how exactly they pulled off the design.

Don't blow me off, please.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I don´t need some pictures from somewhere. To believe these fantastic official stories I need public display of actual physical evidence and the black box and evidence tying any wreck to the supposed airliner. I´m still waiting after a decade.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by ANOK

Of course it will, it's basic physics.

Once that mass from the upper floors started coming down there was stopping it.

Take a wood 1 x 2 and span 4 feet with it.

Gently place a 10 pound weight on it, it will hold.

Then take that same weight and drop it from a few inches above, you'll get it.

LOL no, your 10 pound weight is not going to keep going once it hit your wood, not matter how far you drop it.

The force on the weight and the wood will be the same, regardless of how far you drop it.

But you are not making a fair analogy anyway. How about keep it in context, what would happen if you drop 15 concrete and steel panned floors on 95 concrete and steel panned floors, from about 20'?

How many times do you have to read the explanation of Newtons 3rd law before you get it?

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object.

www.physicsclassroom.com...

Newton's 3rd law may be formally stated:

"Forces always occur in pairs. If object A exerts a force F on object B,
then object B exerts an equal and opposite force –F on object A"

www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This means that for every force there is a reaction force that is equal in size, but opposite in direction. That is to say that whenever an object pushes another object it gets pushed back in the opposite direction equally hard.

teachertech.rice.edu...

Newton's third law: All forces in the universe occur in equal but oppositely directed pairs. There are no isolated forces; for every external force that acts on an object there is a force of equal magnitude but opposite direction which acts back on the object which exerted that external force.

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Hello!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Potential energy turns into kinetic energy.

Energy isn´t created out of nothing and it doesn´t disappear.

This basically zero-sum equation is known as an energy sink.

One form of energy turns into another form.

Any story that posits a gravity driven event must thus adhere to these elementary physical facts.

Did you miss the part about them being impacted by fully loaded airliners going full clip?

You can't compare a building that has been structurally compromised with one that hasn't.

I need to stay out of these 9/11 threads, logic seems to go bye bye in them, makes my head hurt.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

These structures were heavily over-engineered. Since they towered over NYC they were especially redundant with an aircraft impact in mind. Just google what the designers have to say about this.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Anyway, in discussions it´s elementary procedure to identify arguments and try to address them. If you evade the arguments of those you are debating, your position in the debate must be deemed questionable and defensive at best.

So, how does one figure that 3-4% of the WtC towers' mass (the reinforcing structure gets the thicker and more massive the closer to the ground) manages to stamp the remaining 96-97% into the ground practically without resistance in this supposedly gravity driven event?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Cats seem to have an uncanny perception of these elementary physical laws. In a fall, once a cat reaches terminal velocity, its speed of descent actually decreases. This is because the cat changes position during the fall, relaxes and increases its impact area to resemble a spread-eagle cat. Actually, more cats survive a 12-story fall than a 6-story one. It´s an amazing creature and its understanding of the momentum of physics allows it to land on its feet.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am curious to see how many people who believe the Official Government Statement pertaining to 9/11, and believe in a Man In The Sky. Not all, I'm sure, but perhaps the error in logic that has led them to beliefs in deities, has also led them to 'faith' in their governments.

Omit theists (read: 'anyone whom believes faithfully') from the equation and it would be interesting to see the ratio of those who believe religion was involved, versus those who believe organized Corporate Government was involved.

Also, it would be wise to understand a topic or subject before one begins to quote it: as that will quickly define that person as a fool.

Energy -can- be created from empty space.
edit on 16-9-2011 by ahybrid because: Q.E.D. Compelled me... From The Vacuum.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Now, I´m not implying that cats are more up to date than many humans as elementary laws of physics are concerned, I´m sure that they have figured out their best interests without any govt/wall street indoctrination at all

What is absolutely indisputable though is that gravity has always been a major problem in the history of mankind. Having your domicile crashing on you and getting you killed was never a business model so people started reinforcing their structures. Not just from barely keeping those structures from crushing their inhabitants. no they grew obviously ever more redundant the bigger they got. In he 20yh century this resulted in incredible fortresses like the WTC towers. Apart from the main central reinforcing of these towers you had external columns that produced a window widthof about three feet. That´s way redundant engineering.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It´s elementary and it hs reduced the followers of the 8/11 official fables to a small minority here (check recent survey results ). They just can´t support their officially provided fables. So, instead they resort to evasions and ad-hominem attacks. The public recognizes these cheap tactics very well which keeps undermining those silly official fables and their followers.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join